The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd say the same for the other 2 on that list as well.

I have already seen the other 2 matches, but yeah wouldn't want those either.

I just want Styles vs Cena and Brock vs Roman as the top matches. Yes we've seen these already but they're the biggest and best matches.

Undertaker is apparently (take with a massive pinch of salt) looking a lot better after his hip surgery.  With the right pairing I'm sure he could still deliver something good, certainly better than the absolute travesty that was last year.

The same report that talked about those matches - if it was the same one I read - also added Hulk Hogan as a possible opponent.  Which is...a stretch.

I’d still be game for Taker/Cena. That’s a money match.

As would I. Although I mark out for anything involving Taker regardless of the state he is in. They've fairly fucked his 'aura' if he does wrestle again though which is all he has if judging on last years performance.

PROGRESS a week on Sunday in Birmingham. Not as good as the last one in that city which was the best live wrestling show I've been to from an actual UK company ( Dragon Gate had a better show here one time ). The card at the moment is...

WWE UK Championship
Pete Dunne (c) vs. Joseph Conners

PROGRESS Tag Team Championships
Zack Gibson and James Drake (c) vs. Trent Seven and Tyler Bate

Jimmy Havoc and Mark Haskins vs. Aussie Open ( Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher )

Chris Ridgeway vs. Chris Brookes

I just think Conners is boring as f**k tbh, so that UK title match doesn't strike me as being the most exciting. The key match there is the tag title match and Ridgeway/Brookes will be slick as f**k.

Thankfully, there's a load of guys potentially to be given matches. Joe Coffey, Jack Sexsmith, WALTER, Mark Andrews, Eddie Dennis and more. And hopefully, the confirmation of the full return of Will Ospreay.

On 02/01/2018 at 15:24, Tamdunk said:

John Cena vs Big Evil?

It'll be interesting to see how things are when he's back on RAW at the end of the month.

Last year at Mania very much looked like him laying the "Deadman" character to rest.

Whilst I don't exactly see a return of the American Badass, I wonder if it'll be a bit more of the human side of the character.

A middle aged and pissed off Mean Mark looking to go out on his own terms...

8 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Pretty sure people on this forum were claiming Jericho hadn't had a decent match in ten years

He hadn't had a good match. Decent aye. And I'm not going to get involved in revisionist history because he turned back the years today.

EDIT: Worth noting that in that match, NJPW focused on the thing that Jericho's still one of the best at. Character. He was a total b*****d and revelled in it, and created a match filled with pure drama as a result, whereas WWE just had him shout stuff at opponents now and again.

Edited by Randy Giles