The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He's not done anything but he's brought it on himself? Make up your mind

He brought it on himself by 1) being an arsehole and 2) not telling his employers about the investigation. He deserved his firing over the piece. Him being guilty or not of rape doesn't come into that equation.

Really didn't think that was difficult.

He's not done anything but he's brought it on himself? Make up your mind

Not done anything as in, looks like the rape claims might have been false but brought it on himself due to the company he keeps and his antics.

It has already been widely reported him getting into bother and banned from bringing people back stage due to the type of people and their antics.

Locker room turned against him apparently, kicked off the tour bus, numerous things that make it easy for people to deduce that he is a bit of a dick.

If the claims are false, that's shocking but a firing was likely in his not too distant future by the sounds of it.

Anyone being fired for something that is proven false isn't right.

Indeed. It depends what they fired him for.

The allegations themselves? Or the fact he has known about it for a while but didn't tell them. If the former and they jumped the gun, he won't care as the lawyers will ensure a pretty hefty payoff. If the latter, he can have no complaints.

Just now, mizfit said:

Did it all start to go wrong when they split him and Cass up?

Wonder if Cass was perhaps a good thing for him....

Nah. He was having a fair amount of bother pretty much as soon as he got to the main roster. I'd wager the NXT environment was a good thing for him more than Big Cass.

You could maybe argue that the split with Big Cass contributed to his Billy Big Baws attitude, because it coincided with him being thought of as Enzo and not just the wee guy in a tag team.  It also meant his rise to Cruiserweight Champion, and depending on whether he was in character or more himself, he was quite the prize bellend over that and other things.

Had they not split them up, he would likely still be in a fairly over team, maybe a title holder, and maybe he wouldn't have ended up being hated so much.  Would likely still have got into the situation that led to him getting fired though.

And Randy's right, he was fired for not disclosing anything.  Apparently he knew he was under investigation from October, but didn't want to say anything in case it jeopardised his current standing.  He knew he'd get suspended, and presumably he believes his own innocence, so he kept quiet.  Stupidly.  Had he been up front, he'd likely have been suspended, and then reinstated when/if he was proved innocent.  Doesn't really matter now anyway - no matter the verdict, he'll be tarnished no doubt.

7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

It has already been widely reported him getting into bother and banned from bringing people back stage due to the type of people and their antics.

Imagine being such an arsehole that fucking wrestlers think you're too much of an arsehole to be backstage.

Been watching Raws leading up to Mania 30, and just watched the last one before the event. I'd never seen it before, so fucking loved it when this happened;

Absolute scenes everywhere. Crowd were going mental and Bryan was delivering the type of ass kicking reminiscent of 97/98 Stone Cold. He takes out 3 top guys here! The beating he gives HHH is brilliant, and the crowd were loving it. I love this segment and it's now one of my all time favourite Raw segments.

Then WWE put him in a feud with Kane...

Been watching Raws leading up to Mania 30, and just watched the last one before the event. I'd never seen it before, so fucking loved it when this happened;

Absolute scenes everywhere. Crowd were going mental and Bryan was delivering the type of ass kicking reminiscent of 97/98 Stone Cold. He takes out 3 top guys here! The beating he gives HHH is brilliant, and the crowd were loving it. I love this segment and it's now one of my all time favourite Raw segments.
Then WWE put him in a feud with Kane...

Where he took multiple tombstones including one on steel steps if I’m minding it correctly.

They could make it a success this time around, certainly if they learn from the many, many mistakes they made.  But given that Vince is a stubborn old fucker who likes to learn from his mistakes, but only so he knows which ones to really rub in when they disagree with his views, I can see it going the same way as before.

Wonder what this means for WWE.  I presume he's still taking an active role in the product given his work ethic, but will this see him step back a bit (if he hasn't already)?  

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Never mind the XFL, when is Vince bringing back the WBF?!?!?

Image result for vince mcmahon reaction gif