The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

If he's ever ready to return, it should be as his previous Wyatt character as a MASSIVE baby face. His personal struggles seem to be very public.
Imagine the pop when the lights go out during a match, or rumble and the first guitar notes of "Broken out in Love" hits.

45 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Well, this could be an interesting one 

Him and KOR are still feuding, could see them doing a loser leaves WWE match, although that'd telegraph it massively.

In a weird way, would he be considered as much of a loss to WWE from their perspective?  Strowman and Wyatt both seem like more baffling decisions from a main roster perspective.  What does someone like Adam Cole look like on the main roster given previous history?  Since Undisputed Era broke up, he hasn't really seemed like he's a must-keep for NXT either with the way they churn talent.   Going back to be with his bird and his pals in AEW seems a sensible move.

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think WWE will regret letting these people go in the past few months.

Depends what we mean by "WWE".  It's looking very much like McMahon is trying to get the books in order to sell off.  Might not be the case, but with every baffling release it seems more likely.  In that case, who is going to regret it?  McMahon will likely get a fortune, and the family will get their inheritance.  Any new owner will likely want to mould it in their own image - who knows, maybe some come back if they've still got the financial muscle and an idea that things will be different.

One person that must be in an odd position would be HHH.  I imagine Steph and family will be absolutely set for life in the event of a sale, and she could likely go onto some board somewhere to do...something.  But although he's clearly not stupid, would there be much desire for him to do something else?  Would he want to let all that go? Or is he likely to be one staying behind under a new owner, maybe even becoming the new Vince?  I'd be very interested to see what WWE as a company would look like should Big Trips be completely in charge of the entirety of the wrestling side.

Also saw someone question whether NXT could be let go and run independently by him.  Another interesting prospect.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Raj Giri who is usually fairly reliable appears to think that a Keith Lee release is imminent.

Nah he’s said it isn’t someone wrestling every week. Immediate thought was Paige. 

Is Paige's neck so completely fucked that she'll never wrestle again anywhere or is more a Daniel Bryan/Edge situation?  Heartbreaking for her to have to give it all up so early, would be nice to see her get a chance elsewhere if she can do it relatively safely.

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Raj Giri who is usually fairly reliable appears to think that a Keith Lee release is imminent.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Nah he’s said it isn’t someone wrestling every week. Immediate thought was Paige. 

Naitch is away, so it's possibly him?

I didn't even know he was under contact to them tbh.

What can Ric Flair add to AEW at this stage that they don't have with the countless non-wrestling on air talent that AEW already have?

With the news of Vince apparently scouting NXT it feels like he's either gearing up to sell or just completely transform the company once again like he did just as the company headed into the war with WCW and he punted pretty much the majority and removed the water coolers.

I'd love it to be the latter, but I can't see it. I can't see it being the former either though. He'd die without running things his way.