The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Seems a bit daft considering the stadium has a retractable roof, that means they will have to build that silly tent thing over the ring like they had in Orlando 2 years ago and obviously it will be unpleasent for the spectators if it starts pissing down with rain. Although that is quite unlikely as according to Wikipedia - Pheonix has a similar climate to Baghdad! biggrin.gif

Isn't Phoenix near the desert?laugh.gif I exoected it to be open air anyway, same as the last few years. The first time they did it I thought it was a one off and that they would go back to the larger arenas but I quite like the stadium atmosphere for Manias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XXVII

I know Wiki isn't always best source, but when did this happen?!

A mania in the UK will be fucking ace!

Isn't Wikipedia great? I'd love a Wrestlemania to be held in the UK but sadly I don't see it ever happening. :(

Thinking about it, that would do wonders for WWE's image and popularity in the UK... Maybe some day.

This is just my opinion for what it's worth, and I don't have any evidence to back it up. I reckon after Summerslam was held at the old Wembley Stadium years ago, the WWE might be reluctant to hold another major PPV here, especially their biggest PPV and biggest earner. With the time difference between the UK and the US, and with the US probably having the biggest percentage of the WWE's PPV audience, it may well put a lot of yanks off buying it, so it makes sense for the WWE to hold it on home or Canadian soil to make the most from the PPV's earning potential. Then again, I'm probably talking utter b*ll*cks. :lol:

Yeah they built it up for quite sme time before he came back. It was just beforethe 2002 Royal Rumble if I remember... and I think it was MSG.

Yep, it was in Madison Square Garden. Cuts a decent promo as well.

I'll get to the top threes in a minute, but there are some pops which will live with me.

Steve Austin at Backlash 2000. It was all going wrong for The Rock in that match. The McMahons were down, there was no referee that would count a three for him and there were about five people in the ring beating him up. SMASH !

Goldberg beating Hogan on Nitro to win the WCW Championship. Nuff said.

Chris Jericho's debut on RAW. The crowd went mental when the "JERICHO" came up on the Titantron, and actually kept the pop going for a full three minutes. Much respect.

Top TNA Entrance Songs

1. Hulk Hogan ( aye, love the nWo nostalgia )

2. Abyss

3. Kurt Angle

I also love the funked out nWo theme.

I'd throw in Hogan's Wrestlemania reception for Eugene.

Not to forget Dean Makenko's return.

Heenans commentating for Hogan vs Goldberg is absolutely class. "DA MAN!"

Tazz's debut at Royal Rumble something or other was also a good pop.

Rumble 2000 is up there with thwe top 5 PPV ever I think. Not to forget the Dudleys and the Hardys table match which was awesome as well.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Chris Jericho's debut on RAW. The crowd went mental when the "JERICHO" came up on the Titantron, and actually kept the pop going for a full three minutes. Much respect.

THEE best pop Ive ever seen. I remember the HHH ladder match (some of his matches with the Rock while they were both still on the climb were incredible) but that time when Jericho interrupted the Rock for me is still one of the most outstanding wrasslin segments I've seen.

Just got round to watching IMPACT! that I had taped on Sky+ and it was a very enjoyable episode I thought. The ending had me very surprised and I thought Hogan was sure to knock out Angle. Excellent promos by everyone I thought it was a decent show.

If anyone has got a decent stream of a replay of Against All Odds they can have my green thingy. Preferably a decent one form JustinTV or something.

I'll post my pop videos mainly from WCW in my lunch break.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

This is just my opinion for what it's worth, and I don't have any evidence to back it up. I reckon after Summerslam was held at the old Wembley Stadium years ago, the WWE might be reluctant to hold another major PPV here, especially their biggest PPV and biggest earner. With the time difference between the UK and the US, and with the US probably having the biggest percentage of the WWE's PPV audience, it may well put a lot of yanks off buying it, so it makes sense for the WWE to hold it on home or Canadian soil to make the most from the PPV's earning potential. Then again, I'm probably talking utter b*ll*cks. :lol:

You're not talking bollocks at all. Infact, you're probably absolutely spot on there. I think the difference between now and then is how easy it is for people to get hold of the PPVs for free, and there's no way that WWE would show a UK PPV without some sort of time delay. If they were gonna do a PPV over here, it'd have to be a major one because it'd have to be held at 1am, but not only that, it'd have to be on a Saturday night for obvious reasons.

Not to forget Dean Makenko's return.

Good shout.

Oh, going through the Best of ROH stuff, and while I will be posting the next part of the review in the next few days, I feel compelled to point out that The American Wolves are absolutely amazing. Davey Richards has been a revelation in the last 12 months in particular.

What did you think of RAW last night? For the 2nd week in a row I actually thought it was not bad, a bit annoyed when Orton's match finished but his RKO's made up for that.

Glad DiBiase won his match, He's getting a good run now! The sooner legacy finish the better it has to be said.

Anyone got a good stream for Against All Odds?

Anyone at all?

TNA officially to Monday nights, starting March 8th.

Yeah sounds good to me. Is there any plans for Bravo or anything to move there viewing times from Saturday? I think Hardy will be back for March the 8th.