The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

At least the Pope and Mr Anderson are quite entertaining right now.

Pope wasnt even on Impact last night, what a great way to get over your new star.

And as for Mr Anderson....well....I'll let you see that for yourself.

Pope wasnt even on Impact last night, what a great way to get over your new star.

He has a title shot. How much more importance do you want ? Maybe they decided that, with this title shot, The Pope was already a prominant figure and they decided to give TV time to others who needed it more.

You're going to have to explain that one for me.

I know what happened. But it was booked to perfection.

Maybe if it was a CLEAN loss where he didn't get whacked with a chair, you'd have a point. But it served as a bit of build to Angle/Anderson. It served it's purpose and the fact that it was Rob Terry means it was a humiliation that Mr. Anderson will want to avenge.

As I said. Booked to perfection.

Bret Hart has bearly been on RAW since January 4th! He needs to get over with the new audience that WWE has.

Name one person in the WWE better on the mic than Mr Anderson?

Bret Hart has bearly been on RAW since January 4th! He needs to get over with the new audience that WWE has.

He is the only reason i am still watching TNA right now, since Hogan has come in, the quality has gone down hill.

I never said anything bad about Anderson.

But since you ask, I would say that Cena and Jericho are up there with Anderson for mic skills.

Chris Jericho is better for sure, but I'd like to see Cena out of his current guise. He wasn't as good as Anderson as the rapper and he isn't as good now.

The thing with WWE promos is that they're heavily scripted and TNA's aren't. Which is why Anderson is better on the mic than Kennedy was. Comparing TNA and WWE guys on the mic isn't fair.

http://www.digitalsp...tna-events.html The Extreme Sports Channel has agreed a deal with Total Nonstop Action (TNA) to broadcast its monthly wrestling events and programming in the UK.

Under the deal, TNA's exclusive pay-per-view wrestling bouts will air on the Extreme Sports Channel every Friday at 10pm, beginning with Destination X on March 26.

The arrangement also means that TNA Xplosion - an hour-long highlights programme featuring wrestlers such as Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley and Kurt Angle - will be broadcast on the channel every Friday at 9pm.

Owned by Chello Zone, the Extreme Sports Channel is available on Sky position 419 and Virgin Media position 527.

"The United Kingdom has become a battleground for professional wrestling fans as TNA's ratings have continued to climb," said TNA president Dixie Carter.

"This is another important moment for TNA and is another step to become the number one professional wrestling company in the world by giving our fans what they want; more TNA programming."

Extreme Sports Channel general manager Tim MacMullen added: "2010 is shaping up to be an amazing year for our viewers in the UK.

"Adding TNA's spectacular programming to our lineup of the world's best action sports and high-adrenalin entertainment shows is a great way to kick off our 11th year on air."

Last month, TNA renewed its deal with Bravo to continue transmission of TNA iMPACT! at 9pm every Saturday. In total, TNA now broadcasts 15 hours of wrestling programmes every month on all channels in the UK.

Not quite as a high profile channel as Bravo, but at least we will get to see TNA PPVs again. Hopefully they put on an Ultimate X match at Destination X.

Not quite as a high profile channel as Bravo, but at least we will get to see TNA PPVs again. Hopefully they put on an Ultimate X match at Destination X.

I've been to a TNA PPV and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The IMPACT zone is more crowded and the atmosphere is a lot better than just IMPACT. Was left with jaws wide open when seeing Petey Williams' Canadian Destroyer and a Kaz finisher from the top rope, I think it was an Ultimate X match.

Jericho, Miz, Cena, Punk, HHH, to name but 5........Saying your name into a fancy microphone just doesn't feel like good mic skills to me.

I've never been a big fan of Triple H on the mic. He's always been passable but he just seems to drone on a bit. Mr. Anderson in his current guise has been much better than that.

Agree on the other names though. Especially CM Punk.

I've never been a big fan of Triple H on the mic. He's always been passable but he just seems to drone on a bit. Mr. Anderson in his current guise has been much better than that.

Agree on the other names though. Especially CM Punk.

Vince clearly agrees also, since Punk is given ample mic time at every oppertunity, including in the middle of the Rumble and the Chamber match.

As far as NXT is concerned, it is so far so good. I didn't think Cole would be on it, I thought they would just have kept the ECW team.

It looks like they are already putting all their stock into Danielson. However I did imagine, Low-Ki, Joe Henning and Brett DiBiase would have been involved somewhere.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

It looks like they are already putting all their stock into Danielson. However I did imagine, Low-Ki, Joe Henning and Brett DiBiase would have been involved somewhere.

They didn't want to put too many "names" in the first season.