The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Aside from Dragon, Outunga was made to look particularly strong, even if the finish to his match was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

But I agree, they certainly lookeed like they are big on Danielson in particular. Could well be that this first season of NXT is gonna end with a US title fued between Dragon and Miz, if Miz holds the belt that long that is.

NXT certainly seems like a reality TV show that will centre around Bryan Danielson. It's a great idea to pair him with the Miz considering the momentum Miz has with him being the US Champion and one half of the tag team champions as it will help Danielson to get over, although he really needs to change his ring gear. In saying that, his first match was against the World Champion and that says it all, the WWE are clearly high on him.

Regarding the ring gear. His trunks have always had a naff 70s and 80s look about them in any match I've ever seen him in, this works fine in ROH etc, but in a company where selling merchandise is just as important as how technically gifted you are, he'll struggle. But I reckon this is all a ploy by WWE to put him intentionally in his old naff gear and give him a shit haircut then change his look about as the season progresses, evolving him. He'll be back to his classic shaven headed look in a few months I'd imagine and be given slighty better trunks. They must realise that his ring skills need no work and his ring attire only needs minimal tweaking, nothing gimmicky.

Pushed correctly, he'll be huge. They have already acknowledged his huge following through his indy work.

I guess that last fued was something of a swansong for them then ? At least they went out on a high with a cracking match on ECW to blowoff said fued.

Burchill was relentlessly boring though. He had absolutely zero character to him.

Daniels is shit, so him losing in a minute makes it certain I'll be watching tomorrow night.

Fallen Angel gimmick to save him. Or align him with Flair, AJ, Wolfe to form almost a Four Horseman deal. Don't tell me that wouldn't work.

Jericho, Miz, Cena, Punk, HHH, to name but 5........Saying your name into a fancy microphone just doesn't feel like good mic skills to me.

Screaming down a microphone in slang chat does not make Cena decent on the mic. Agree with you on CM Punk though.

Regarding the ring gear. His trunks have always had a naff 70s and 80s look about them in any match I've ever seen him in, this works fine in ROH etc, but in a company where selling merchandise is just as important as how technically gifted you are, he'll struggle. But I reckon this is all a ploy by WWE to put him intentionally in his old naff gear and give him a shit haircut then change his look about as the season progresses, evolving him. He'll be back to his classic shaven headed look in a few months I'd imagine and be given slighty better trunks. They must realise that his ring skills need no work and his ring attire only needs minimal tweaking, nothing gimmicky.

Pushed correctly, he'll be huge. They have already acknowledged his huge following through his indy work.

Spot on there. At this point in time he's just not got the image or attire to do well in WWE. Using his own voice and not putting one on makes him even less charismatic.

Anyone else notice Cole kept having a little dig at the IWC.

Fallen Angel gimmick to save him. Or align him with Flair, AJ, Wolfe to form almost a Four Horseman deal. Don't tell me that wouldn't work.

It wouldn't work. Reason being that Daniels forgets any resemblance of a character when he gets into the ring and just goes back to his shit selling and overly choreographed nonsense. He has had a great series of matches with AJ Styles, but that's about it, and that's because the two guys have wrestled so much over the last 10 years, they know each other inside out.

Screaming down a microphone in slang chat does not make Cena decent on the mic.

Good job that's not all he does then, isn't it ?

Spot on there. At this point in time he's just not got the image or attire to do well in WWE. Using his own voice and not putting one on makes him even less charismatic.

It's amazing how ridiculous he looks in there. As for the promo, he's good at sort of mixing the normal voice with the big promo booming voice to emphasise anger, so maybe they're gonna have that build in him and then he'll burst into his "I WILL BREAK YOU" character and maul someone.

Anyone else notice Cole kept having a little dig at the IWC.

Yup, and it was a bit of a masterstroke, which they have continued by have Michael Cole remove stuff from the website in a huff. It's all good shit. NXT hit all of the right notes with the IWC crowd and should continue to do so if they keep doing the same things.

If Michael Cole took that sass to RAW, it'd be brilliant.

As much as FSM magazine tried to big him up every single month, Burchill never really had much to him. The only time he was even remotely over was when he was a pirate.

I wouldn't listen to FSM, they also state every month that Brutus Magnus is the best thing since sliced bread!

Shame for Burchill, a half decent worker but without the pirate costume he just bored everyone to hell.

I'm sure Burchill and Helms will find their way to Orlando. If Orlando Jordan and Val Venis can get jobs there, anyone can!

There must be a few more in the WWE due to get endeavoured. Tyler Reks, Funaki, Charlie Haas and Jimmy Wang Yang anyone?

FSM were high on Burchill because he's a good wrestler but as said, you need more than that. He's passable on the UK indy scene because he's a monster compared to most guys and had good - great matches frequently. You would think that he was forced to have a charisma transplant by WWE the way some people this side of the ocean have decided that he should have had more of a shot.

Talking of Hardy, surely he will be watching his back during this current firing spree?

Well one diva has already been released so maybe Hardy will be too. :D

I can't stand Hardy, the guy is useless and only gets chants because the WWE kids miss shouting for his brother. Sure i wasn't a great fan of Jeff Hardy but at least he was interesting some of the time.

After having a look through the WWE site the superstars that i think are likely to be future endeavored are Primo, Charlie Haas, Curt Hawkins, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J, Tyler Reks, Vance Archer and Vladimir Kozlov with Mike Knox, Carlito, Chris Masters and Chavo Guerrero as outside shots. Not too sure about the divas mind you.

Great eye candy but she was pretty useless, they can get rid of those damn Bella twins as well

The only slight chance of the Bella's going is when the Guest Host thing ends, mind you the fact that they're both good looking twins will help them keep their jobs for a while yet.

Screaming down a microphone in slang chat does not make Cena decent on the mic. Agree with you on CM Punk though.

What slang? You can't deny that Cena can cut some belting promos. I hate the fucker but at times he can get you really pumped to see his matches.

On the releases, I was reading a couple of weeks ago that releases were expected. I'd expect even more over the next 2 weeks or so. I'd be gutted, but I've got a feeling that they will released Laylawub.gif

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Fucking Maria off as well! Gee whizz.

After having a look through the WWE site the superstars that i think are likely to be future endeavored are Primo, Charlie Haas, Curt Hawkins, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J, Tyler Reks, Vance Archer and Vladimir Kozlov with Mike Knox, Carlito, Chris Masters and Chavo Guerrero as outside shots. Not too sure about the divas mind you.

Kozlov will be safe because he is starring in an upcoming sitcom thing with Santino so they won't chuck him the now. Chavo should be safe because of his willingness to do anything even if it makes him look like a tit. The rest are possibilities.

It wouldn't work. Reason being that Daniels forgets any resemblance of a character when he gets into the ring and just goes back to his shit selling and overly choreographed nonsense. He has had a great series of matches with AJ Styles, but that's about it, and that's because the two guys have wrestled so much over the last 10 years, they know each other inside out.

Good job that's not all he does then, isn't it ?

It's amazing how ridiculous he looks in there. As for the promo, he's good at sort of mixing the normal voice with the big promo booming voice to emphasise anger, so maybe they're gonna have that build in him and then he'll burst into his "I WILL BREAK YOU" character and maul someone.

Yup, and it was a bit of a masterstroke, which they have continued by have Michael Cole remove stuff from the website in a huff. It's all good shit. NXT hit all of the right notes with the IWC crowd and should continue to do so if they keep doing the same things.

It would be the most dominate and most popular wrestling stable there is at the moment. So in my opinion it would work. Wolfe and Daniels playing the Anderson and Benoit roles. With Wolfe eventually getting tired off AJ and Flair and competing for the title. That kind of thing that happened with Evolution.

I just hate Cena, his mic ability, in ring work, who he appeals to.

In saying that I thought the "Tap or Snap" phrase is a pretty good catchphrase for Daniels and the WWE could definately work on that. However in regards to Danielson maulling someone, I can't see it happening. He doesn't have the build or character to do any such thing. But is apparent that the WWE are focussing on Danielson.

Cole sucks in every aspect of his profession. Even my dad used to get really annoyed watching Cole on Livewire if you can remember that many many years ago.

What slang? You can't deny that Cena can cut some belting promos. I hate the fucker but at times he can get you really pumped to see his matches.

On the releases, I was reading a couple of weeks ago that releases were expected. I'd expect even more over the next 2 weeks or so. I'd be gutted, but I've got a feeling that they will released Laylawub.gif

I have neve ever been pumped for a Cena match. The only decent emotion he showed was when he was fueding with Carlito just as Carlito was debuting. That was only because he said nothing but he had the look to tell you that we was angry.

I have neve ever been pumped for a Cena match. The only decent emotion he showed was when he was fueding with Carlito just as Carlito was debuting. That was only because he said nothing but he had the look to tell you that we was angry.

Don't get me wrong, half the time I can't stand the fucker, but he has never failed to get me hyped to f**k for his WrestleMania matches along with a fair few other ones.