The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

WWE released their full pay-per-view calendar for the rest of 2010 to media partners this past week and the most notable change from what we've seen is the May pay-per-view titled Wild Card has been changed to WWE Over The Limit. Survivor Series is still being advertised for November but it's expected that name will be changed but not confirmed.

Surprisingly not named after a type of match. I see WrestleMania has been changed to One on One Singles Mathph34r.gif

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

No I remember that match...but for some reason I have it in my head that he received a title shot another time...I must be talking pish laugh.gif .

In fact, did he possibly face Triple H at one point for the World Heavyweight Title? Somepoint in 2003 I would guess.

I remember Triple H as WWF champion taking on Bob Holly of all people on Sunday Night Heat circa 2000/01 back in the Channel 4 days.

Sadly after the glorious Taka/Helms/Holly era no jobbers took part in WWF/E championship matches until Sheamus a couple of months back! :lol:

The Brawler got a shot because HHH wanted an easy match. Unlike most HHH title defences around that time, that match WAS as easy as it looked.

Anyways, Cena and Batista once again turn on the awesome. I like how they have been basically left to do their own thing so as Bret and Vinny can have their match.

The Brawler got a shot because HHH wanted an easy match. Unlike most HHH title defences around that time, that match WAS as easy as it looked.

Anyways, Cena and Batista once again turn on the awesome. I like how they have been basically left to do their own thing so as Bret and Vinny can have their match.

It just a shame Cena cannae cut a promo rolleyes.gif . Seriously though, the two have got me ready for Mania already. I also enjoyed the opening segment. It would appear to me that it is too late with Orton...he IS a face as highlightes when him and DiBiase traded punches.

Thats not the one I'm thinking of. I'm 90% sure the brawler won a battle royal to get a title shot and it was against HBK?

It appears you're right, way back in 1997 it was ! No wonder I couldn't remember it. I had stopped watching by that point.

Hillbilly Jim is rumoured to be getting a WWE Hall of Fame induction this year. Trish Stratus is expected to be inducted the next time WrestleMania is held in Toronto, which may well be in 2012.

There is talk of building the 2011 Hall of Fame ceremony around a number of older ex-WCW wrestlers as it will mark the ten-year anniversary of Vince McMahon buying the company.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

Great to see Trish getting a shot. She very much brought the Women's division to the forefront of people's minds again, and it hasn't been the same since she left.