The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

HUGE SPOILER.....

A Former WWE Champion has signed to TNA and should be appearing on Monday the 8th as TNA go head to head with the wwe

I am over the moon if the rumours are true and Hulk himself has seemingly confirmed that in this video... go to 1:55 of this interview and hulk gives it away as who the new signing is.

I have to say he is probably head to head with stone cold as the most popular wrestler in the last 15 years.... I can't wait to see him back where he belongs on Monday Nights, should be a 5 star show... well the whole f'n show.... Mr.PPV himself........ just don't bring Alfonso laugh.gif

Oh shit...I thought this had already been postedlaugh.gif . Yeah if it materialises and the somehow get Jeff Hardy back then I will be really, really looking forward to Monday nights.

HUGE SPOILER.....

A Former WWE Champion has signed to TNA and should be appearing on Monday the 8th as TNA go head to head with the wwe

I have to say he is probably head to head with stone cold as the most popular wrestler in the last 15 years.... I can't wait to see him back where he belongs on Monday Nights, should be a 5 star show... well the whole f'n show.... Mr.PPV himself........ just don't bring Alfonso laugh.gif

Come now, let's not be silly. RVD was tremendous but he couldn't even begin to compete with Austin. In fact there are many wrestlers that were far more popular than him in the last 15 years (The Rock, Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, HBK, Eddie Guerrero, Y2J, Goldberg, Jeff Hardy etc).

Rob Van Dam had a spell in the summer of 2001 after he first came in when he was untouchable for popularity and if WWE had the guts to pull the trigger and give him the title at No Mercy, he might well have hit major levels. But they didn't, so HE didn't. He doesn't have the sustained popularity that the likes of Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind or The Undertaker. He WAS more popular than Jeff Hardy, but Hardy existed in a time when there were much less stars in WWE. It's not hard to be the top guy on a roster with CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison.

It's the four sides yes.

I never ever watch or pay attention to TNA, the ring always put me off it but if it's changed to the 4 sided ring then I might need to give it a bash.

Sorry if I'm being a total idiot and it's been changed for ages, just never really watched it.

Just a question with RAW on Monday, what was the point in giving Jack Swagger and MVP ( Who is stools ) fights that lasted less than 1 minute?

Also If I had paid money to go and see that RAW on Monday i would have been raging, fights cut short due to the fact that half the show was people talking on the mic.

HBK get tae f**k ya lazy eyed creep.

Edited by M0rtonfc

Just a question with RAW on Monday, what was the point in giving Jack Swagger and MVP ( Who is stools ) fights that lasted less than 1 minute?

They wanted them in MitB and clearly didn't care enough about either guy to give them a proper match.

Also If I had paid money to go and see that RAW on Monday i would have been raging, fights cut short due to the fact that half the show was people talking on the mic.

Most of the talking was brilliant. If I had paid money to see the Batista/Cena and HBK/HHH segments, I'd have been feeling pretty happy about my money spent.

anyone any news on J.R.? I thought they would probably hold out until wrestlemania before bringing him back in (if he is fully fit) also had heard a rumour lining him to TNA but the one main thing that makes this bullshit is the fact that J.R. wouldn't go anywhere near bischoff

He was backstage at Raw on Monday night with it being in his home town so don't expect him to be joining TNA very soon.

His comments have also been fairly non-committal through his blogs over his role at Wrestlemania - with any luck, he'll be fit enough to announce.

They wanted them in MitB and clearly didn't care enough about either guy to give them a proper match.

Yeah that's fair enough and I understand that but at least have them fight someone for more than 1 minute, there were a number of other wrestlers they could have fought and although it may not have been the best fight at least it's more action than 2 moves / pin = OVER, poor show that.

Most of the talking was brilliant. If I had paid money to see the Batista/Cena and HBK/HHH segments, I'd have been feeling pretty happy about my money spent.

I totally agree that the Batista/Cena talking was one of the best I've watched on RAW in a loooong time but leave it at that, don't have HBK coming out and talking rubbish then HHH bigging him up then have stupid Vince walk out and talk more rubbish on the one show, both of them almost lasted about 35 mins combined, that's poor for people who have paid money to watch wrestling.

Raw is just so hit and miss these days, the 2 before that I actually enjoyed then Monday's there for me was back to being shite.

SORT IT OUT!!! mad.gif

Edited by M0rtonfc

well there is 2 options, McMahon vs cena match guest hosted by criss angel *facepalm*

or TNA with the debut of Rob Van Dam and a match with Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, I can't see how TNA can lose

I think M0rtonfc will be tuning in for his first TNA watch in a long time biggrin.gif

or TNA with the debut of Rob Van Dam and a match with Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, I can't see how TNA can lose

I can. Even if Impact is 100 times better than Raw it still wont get half the ratings of Raw. I understand that some people wanna see Flair and Hogan in the ring together again but the people that never wanna see that again are gonna far outnumber the people that do wanna see it. Hogan as big a name as he is, is an awful wrestler these days, and Flair (in my opinion) has always been shit and I hate the old c**t and everything he does. He is a complete douche.

Also with RVD, while I'm a huge RVD fan and think he will be great in TNA, they really should advertise it, cause that could draw in a fair amount of viewers just by having RVD on the show.

Just to ask also, is Impact still shown 9pm on Saturdays on Bravo? Cause I usually just watch it on youtube on a friday at some point.

http://www.youtube.c. ..h?v=6zRZkuYtCs0

pause at 7:21.... even Hearts fans are getting into TNA :lol: :lol:

Cheers for reminding me that it is indeed Friday and there was an episode of Impact last night :lol:

Gonna go watch that now.

P.S. Just think how good a verbal fued there could be between RVD and Mr Anderson. That could be fucking awesome.

I totally agree that the Batista/Cena talking was one of the best I've watched on RAW in a loooong time but leave it at that, don't have HBK coming out and talking rubbish then HHH bigging him up then have stupid Vince walk out and talk more rubbish on the one show, both of them almost lasted about 35 mins combined, that's poor for people who have paid money to watch wrestling.

Raw is just so hit and miss these days, the 2 before that I actually enjoyed then Monday's there for me was back to being shite.

SORT IT OUT!!! mad.gif

RAW has used loads and loads of promo time during the shows for ages now. So you'd have to be a complete moron to pay to go to one of their shows and not expect it. If you want to pay money to go to RAW and watch wrestling then you have to put up with the promos...thats the deal.

<br />Anderson vs Angle vs RVD vs Wolfe vs Styles vs Joe vs Hardy vs Abyss.... thats an 8 way match I would like to see<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Aye and knowing TNA it would be an 8way, flaming cage of doom match wi weapons hangin faethe ceilling andaboot hauf a dozen run ins.

I've been reading some of this thread that I hadn't bothered reading before. At the start there was talk of who was who so .. has Kane always been the same guy?

Yes, Glen Jacobs. He was also Issac Yankem DDS and the Fake Diesel prior to being Kane.

The big news yesterday came from a radio appearance by Hulk Hogan where he talked about a major name that just signed with TNA and strongly implied that the major name is Rob Van Dam. RVD posted a message on his official website (robvandam.com) stating:

"Wow, my phone has been buzzing all day, and not just because the room's been smokey. Ever have one of those days where you can't send out a text before two texts interrupt you. My attention span has been so distracted, I forget who I've called by the time the phone stops ringing and someone answers all the time. And not just because the room is smokey either."

Van Dam stated that he'll be making a number of radio appearances this morning (Friday) to address the TNA rumors. Van Dam appeared on Greenville, South Carolina's New Rock 93.3 station this morning and said the following about signing with TNA:

"I would say there is a high probability that that's going to happen. The official word is that it's still rumor and I haven't officially signed anything. It's been well-publicized news that I've been talking to both WWE and TNA. But, talks with TNA are sounding really good lately."

Does TNA not do drug testing?

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Rob Van Dam had a spell in the summer of 2001 after he first came in when he was untouchable for popularity and if WWE had the guts to pull the trigger and give him the title at No Mercy, he might well have hit major levels. But they didn't, so HE didn't. He doesn't have the sustained popularity that the likes of Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind or The Undertaker. He WAS more popular than Jeff Hardy, but Hardy existed in a time when there were much less stars in WWE. It's not hard to be the top guy on a roster with CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison.

I remember that, he was completely over after the Jeff Hardy ladder match at Invasion. I would have kept the belt on Angle for a little longer in that period which made his title run pretty pathetic after a very emtional night at Unforgiven.

I can. Even if Impact is 100 times better than Raw it still wont get half the ratings of Raw. I understand that some people wanna see Flair and Hogan in the ring together again but the people that never wanna see that again are gonna far outnumber the people that do wanna see it. Hogan as big a name as he is, is an awful wrestler these days, and Flair (in my opinion) has always been shit and I hate the old c**t and everything he does. He is a complete douche.

Also with RVD, while I'm a huge RVD fan and think he will be great in TNA, they really should advertise it, cause that could draw in a fair amount of viewers just by having RVD on the show.

Just to ask also, is Impact still shown 9pm on Saturdays on Bravo? Cause I usually just watch it on youtube on a friday at some point.

Yet what makes you think people would want to tune into Cena vs McMahon? If people were smart they'd tune into Impact as anything with a guest host involved sends off alarm bells not to watch RAW.

Was there an impact last night, if so can some send a link!