The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

3.7 has to be disappointing post-Mania with HBK leaving, but 0.6 suggests it did eat into Impact and there was just generally less people watching wrestling last night.

0.6 is horrible- AM Raw regularly beats that! Time for TNA to admit failure and trudge back to Thursdays and build themselves back up.

once again Impact was TWICE the show that raw was, as for raws legacy with divas wrestling, another slap in the face to any women serious about wrestling as there was longer time spent focusing on women in a hot tub than in the ring with that 7 second match, poor beth phoenix looked pretty pissed off that she got all dressed up and along with 80% of the women there didn't get any action in that match

TNA was brilliant, they even managed to Fire the nasty boys, TNA is really getting it's stuff in order, all they need to do is punt bubba the love sponge out, because 99.9% of the world find him unfunny, obese, stupid and a waste of time.... unfortunatly hogan likes him.

TNA got bad ratings but the Raw after wrestlemania is normally the biggest raw of the year, Without HBK and now with J.R. hanging up the cowboy hat WWE is going to need to rely on younger stars, I really like Di Biase but Rhodes and Swagger don't cut it with me, only ted and drew are the real young guys who have world title gold ahead of them imo.

once again Impact was TWICE the show that raw was, as for raws legacy with divas wrestling, another slap in the face to any women serious about wrestling as there was longer time spent focusing on women in a hot tub than in the ring with that 7 second match, poor beth phoenix looked pretty pissed off that she got all dressed up and along with 80% of the women there didn't get any action in that match

TNA was brilliant, they even managed to Fire the nasty boys, TNA is really getting it's stuff in order, all they need to do is punt bubba the love sponge out, because 99.9% of the world find him unfunny, obese, stupid and a waste of time.... unfortunatly hogan likes him.

TNA got bad ratings but the Raw after wrestlemania is normally the biggest raw of the year, Without HBK and now with J.R. hanging up the cowboy hat WWE is going to need to rely on younger stars, I really like Di Biase but Rhodes and Swagger don't cut it with me, only ted and drew are the real young guys who have world title gold ahead of them imo.

It's good that women dont get time to wrestle on Raw. Women shouldn't be wrestling at all, they're all fuckin hopeless at it. One of the things I dont like about TNA is that they have loads of shite womens matches.

I think putting Bubba with the Wolfpac might actually be pretty good. It's clear he's shite and everyone hates him but since they have him they might as well use him. He'll no doubt eventually get an ass kicking that everyone will love.

Drew McIntyre is gonna have to improve a lot if he's gonna win a World Title.

Just finished watching RAW and I got choked up at HBK's farewell address.....Yes. I am a sad b*****dlaugh.gif.

Also, I actually loved the bit where Bret squared upto ShowMiz and the Hart Dynasty came out. Thats the best they've been made to look yet.

no your not

i watched raw last night with the mrs(Shes a fan too), tears were streaming down both of our faces!

watched shawn for his whole wwf(E) tenure so it is sad and emotional. undertaker giving the nod at the start of the speech to shawn saying he's left the building for the last time really got me!hes never been my favourite but always in my top 5

thanks HBK

Has anyone read the Smackdown spoilers yet? ohmy.gif

Swagger is the new World Heavyweight Champion

I wish it was April 1st.

Smackdown Spoiler:

Jack Swagger won the World Heavyweight Title!!!

I wish I hadn't seen that on Wrestlezone now.

I have just saw that Smackdown spoiler as someone posted it on my FB.

Did NOT see that comming ohmy.gif

as for the spoiler (that we might as well just say as no one can resist not checking what it is, especially now 3 people have put it up)

but I won't spoil it, BUT, I have to say that news is pretty shocking, I think we were all expecting that not to happen, he doesn't waste time tho eh. More good news for TNA tongue.gif

it would have been much better if it was christian cashing in on edge.... but ach well, thats wrestling for ya :(

Edited by Kris Boyd

I watched RAW last night and I enjoyed it.

I'm loving Orton at the moment, the crowd are going mental for him! I also agree he needs to stop that crazy body wiggle thing he has going on, it looks terrible. The 2 RKO's were class, that finisher is creeping right up into my fave finisher, only the Tombstone beats it for me.

I thought Jack Swagger looked fine in that match, I have honestly thought he has always looked decent and should get a push, maybe they might try and push him and I would not mind if they did, hopefully he would just come away with the old Kurt Angle patter which I have badly missed.

The Diva's are a total joke and the sonner the woman's matches are over the better, every single time it just ends up with about 10 of them in the ring screaming like hungry seagulls.

Looking forward to SD, mainly for CM Punk! Can't believe I overlooked his potential many months ago.

blink.gif

That was in reply to the spoilers .. not your post.

I can't believe they've had Jericho drop the belt already .. and to Jack Swagger! :blink:

I just watched NXT as well.

Otunga as guest host of RAW next week could actually be good. I can see him being a regular on a WWE show but not as an actual wrestler. Puzzled as to why they put Daniel Bryan at #1 as it makes no sense and pretty much confirms that he's going to win it. Jericho on commentary was simply brilliant. I still think Wade Barrett has the most potential there, and can see Justin Gabriel having a Brian Kendrick-style career

Edited by garymcc1874