The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !

CENA WAS ROBBED!

he is a fucking marine!!!!!!! nexus are gonna die, cena is an american hero and he will get revenge! he will not quit until they pay

Cena should be fucking champ sheamus quit! WWE must get video replays in, it's a fucking outrage, he is a marine hero!

You know you're not amusing in any way, right? :unsure:

Just watched the RAW MITB and the cage match, and both were really good. Thought it was a good PPV overall, it's hardly easy to fill a 3 hour show when 16 of the top guys are in just 2 of the matches. And we had no Santino/Kozlov pish. The cage match finished pretty much as expected but it'll be interesting to see why Cena took the Nexus band with him.

So TNA are trying to resurrect ECW? Yes, that will get them more viewers! Idiots.

I said it ages ago but since it applies then I'll say it again. A survey ages ago said that the ECW era was one of wrestling fans' favourite "age". So it is a good idea. Hardcore Justice will be amazing.

SD MitB was match of the night, pish winner but it'll just be a transitional reign until Taker beats him at Summerslam. Be interesting to see what they do with Swagger now.

Miz was the best choice for the Raw one. Will he drop the US title before he cashes it in? Would certainly make sense but would make him less credible as WWE Champion if not done correctly.

The tag team division is awful. Would make sense to get some of the Nexus involved in that division IMO. The Usos are shit, can't really see them doing anything else with them.

Divas matches were awful as per. Layla is awfy attractive though.

Couldn't take the cage match too seriously as it was so predictable. Sheamus deserves better given his recent improvement than to have his title reign simply take a back seat to the Nexus angle.

I don't get all the Kane hate on here.

He's apparently been offered another title run plenty of times down the years but hasn't taken them up on it as he'd rather help push younger talent. There have also been rumours that he's considered retiring since way back when they took the mask off him.

He's been a good, consistent upper midcarder for the WWE and should have been given a far longer title reign when he first won it, a combination of dropping the title after 24 hours (Stone cold was so red-hot at the time, I think Vince feared a backlash from fans for taking the belt off him) and making him Taker's bitch on a regular basis hurt the character irreparably, especially after how terrifying they made him look in his first 6 months.

He's apparently been offered another title run plenty of times down the years but hasn't taken them up on it as he'd rather help push younger talent. There have also been rumours that he's considered retiring since way back when they took the mask off him.

He's been a good, consistent upper midcarder for the WWE and should have been given a far longer title reign when he first won it, a combination of dropping the title after 24 hours (Stone cold was so red-hot at the time, I think Vince feared a backlash from fans for taking the belt off him) and making him Taker's bitch on a regular basis hurt the character irreparably, especially after how terrifying they made him look in his first 6 months.

Agreed! The big man deserves it, even if it is a short term title run. He's put over many of the newer, younger talent over the years without him causing a fuss, despite his popularity with the fans and being one of the longest serving wrestlers in the company. Well done!

I said it ages ago but since it applies then I'll say it again. A survey ages ago said that the ECW era was one of wrestling fans' favourite "age". So it is a good idea. Hardcore Justice will be amazing.

So if ECW is this great thing that brings in the viewers, why did they pretty much bomb with major publicity ? ECW didn't have the sustained fanbase that some people think they did. If they did, we wouldn't be talking about bringing them back. We'd be talking about that same ECW.

My problem with Kane is that he's a jobber. But I'm delighted that he has been given the gold because he has certainly earned it in his years with WWE.

ECW's never been given the platform to be a mainstream success. The few hints of one it's got, it has done well(ONS2005 being the 2nd best-selling WWE-produced PPV of the year, the Rise and Fall of ECW being top of the DVD sales charts). At the very least, it deserves a run on national TV with a fair crack of the whip in terms of advertising etc.

So if ECW is this great thing that brings in the viewers, why did they pretty much bomb with major publicity ? ECW didn't have the sustained fanbase that some people think they did. If they did, we wouldn't be talking about bringing them back. We'd be talking about that same ECW.

My problem with Kane is that he's a jobber. But I'm delighted that he has been given the gold because he has certainly earned it in his years with WWE.

we all know why ECW failed the first time around, but there is a market for it.

I thought kanes time had passed him by, glad to see he got the belt, it's shite that he jobs for guys like mysterio and swagger as kane should be ripping them apart, anytime you see rey beat kane or the big show.... they might as well just hold up a sign saying it's scripted, there are underdogs and there are piss takes, kane shouldn't be a jobber at all.

ECW's never been given the platform to be a mainstream success. The few hints of one it's got, it has done well(ONS2005 being the 2nd best-selling WWE-produced PPV of the year, the Rise and Fall of ECW being top of the DVD sales charts). At the very least, it deserves a run on national TV with a fair crack of the whip in terms of advertising etc.

yeah, ECW was so popular in it's day, and for me it is what got me into wrestling, and ever since it went bust I've been disappointed with the alternatives. ECW was what hyper active teenagers want to see and it made me a happy boy in the late 90's laugh.gif

I'm actually happy for him he won it. It's just a little hard to buy into it though since he's been a jobber to the stars since forever.

They should put Edge back on Smackdown. They're wasting him on Raw and he aint doing anything.

Cant see what they're gonna do with him for Summerslam either. Same goes for Jericho.

Might be off topic but that Sky Sports advert with the kids playing in the park is immense.

I'm watching it on American tele via a stream. You should see some of the weird shit during their adverts. It's nae wonder America is full of gutlords, you should see the size of the burgers and that!

I'm watching it on American tele via a stream. You should see some of the weird shit during their adverts. It's nae wonder America is full of gutlords, you should see the size of the burgers and that!

Aye I've seen the sort when watching streams of Impact before. Every ad is either for fast food or energy drinks :lol: