The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The problem is that what Jim Cornette says is nonsense.

That doesn't surprise me. If ever there was a yesterday's man, it's Jim Cornette.

He'll be a midcarder for a year then he'll be featuring on Sunday Night Heat (if that still exists).

Superstars is its current incarnation.

As reported earlier, TNA Wrestling has suspended Samoa Joe due to an incident that took place at the July 13 television taping.

Following the former World Heavyweight Champion's match with Jeff Hardy, he reportedly yelled at TNA production members because he felt the finish was telegraphed due to ring announcer Jeremy Borash counting down its conclusion. Company brass instructed Borash to make the announcement, going against Joe's request. He entered the production truck while the broadcast was ongoing to complain, which is considered a breach of etiquette. A decision was made to suspend him due to his conduct.

The suspension is reportedly for one month. He was not at last week's iMPACT! television tapings in Orlando. He is also not listed for any upcoming live events.

How fucking stupid can you get? We already knew that he wasn't happy about it, but to go into the production truck during the show...what an idiot.

I also heard he shouted at Russo infront of Carter.

I think Joe, AJ etc. are wanting out so they can join that new big-money FL promotion that wants to use a lot of ROH/ex-ROH talent.

That would be madness.

Hang on a minute... is this the same WWE that was stupid enough to have a "first person to do a body slam wins" match between Jericho and Show and then when show caught Jericho and tamely slammed him to the mat the bell rung, thus imposing the stupid stipulation?

The difference being that the fault for that stipulation not working was purely down to the guys working the match making a mistake. Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy could do NOTHING about the time limit being called.

It was the same as people blaming WCW for Dean Malenko being a daft c**t for leaving the ring during his match with Billy Kidman on that PPV in 2000.

Another thing that annoyed me was that they didn't acknowledge the match or Joe at all the next week. Even when WWE suspended RVD and Sabu, they played Sabu hype videos and kept referring to Van Dam's suspension on air. They're cutting their nose to spite their face by letting him become an irrelevance(although Joe's the one guy whose all-around awesomeness makes people care about him, irrespective of bad booking).

Buncha people have been confirmed for the TNA/ECW PPV, btw.

Balls, Axl, Swinger, Sabu, Scorpio, Spike Dudley, CW Anderson, Guido, Mamaluke, Smothers... Shane Douglas says he'll only appear if he gets a match with Flair. I'd have them in some kind of face-off, but a match... :green

Another thing that annoyed me was that they didn't acknowledge the match or Joe at all the next week. Even when WWE suspended RVD and Sabu, they played Sabu hype videos and kept referring to Van Dam's suspension on air. They're cutting their nose to spite their face by letting him become an irrelevance(although Joe's the one guy whose all-around awesomeness makes people care about him, irrespective of bad booking).

Balls, Axl, Swinger, Sabu, Scorpio, Spike Dudley, CW Anderson, Guido, Mamaluke, Smothers... Shane Douglas says he'll only appear if he gets a match with Flair. I'd have them in some kind of face-off, but a match... :green

Christ! I was sure Spike Dudley had died! :unsure:

Whoops..

Balls, Axl, Swinger, Sabu, Scorpio, Spike Dudley, CW Anderson, Guido, Mamaluke, Smothers... Shane Douglas says he'll only appear if he gets a match with Flair. I'd have them in some kind of face-off, but a match... rip.gif

Is it wrong that I really like the embolded guyshuh.gifwub.gif (not in that way)

Balls Mahoney dropped out. Flair said he isn't doing it, which means Douglas won't do it.

Shane Douglas was terrific back in the day, but surely from his TNA days, everyone must be able to tell that he is absolutely worthless as a wrestler.

Tracy Smothers is a joke of an individual and had the worst match I've ever seen live.

I can at least take Douglas playing a part in the show in some capacity because of how important he was to ECW, but Smothers ?

You like Shane Douglas?

Oh dear.

Just from back in the day, obviously he can't wrestle now but I still like the guy.

Shane Douglas was terrific back in the day, but surely from his TNA days, everyone must be able to tell that he is absolutely worthless as a wrestler.

Tracy Smothers is a joke of an individual and had the worst match I've ever seen live.

I can at least take Douglas playing a part in the show in some capacity because of how important he was to ECW, but Smothers ?

Yeah I liked Douglas from the period when he was something special, ofcourse he would be utter shite if he stepped in the ring again but I like the guy for what he did.

Smothers is a total joke laugh.gif But I used to play as him (no idea why) on ECW Hardcore Revolution on N64 quite often, He won't be wrestling I'm sure, he will be Guido's support, I liked Smothers and Rich for their comedic value as guido's plastic italian stable mates, nothing more.

Smothers is a great comedy wrestler, can't see why anyone would complain about him being included on the undercard.

Smothers has had three stages.

1) A magnificent tag team wrestler.

2) Really good comedy worker.

3) Guy that does the same shit in every match, and has now reached a point where he does the same match in every appearance.

He really is an absolute waste at the moment. I've had the misfortune of seeing him live three times, and he got progressively worse.

Smothers has had three stages.

1) A magnificent tag team wrestler.

2) Really good comedy worker.

3) Guy that does the same shit in every match, and has now reached a point where he does the same match in every appearance.

He really is an absolute waste at the moment. I've had the misfortune of seeing him live three times, and he got progressively worse.

I think I've seen him 3 times now....and I can't distinguish between any of them.

His hardcore matches with Raven in TNA were amazing. One was also on the Wrestling Channel during the day and it would always go black and white after a few minutes because both were busted open and gushing. Douglas took Raven to the barricade and wiped his hand over Raven's gash and offered his hand to some chick in the crowd, who didn't appreciate it.