The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Interesting stuff.

There's a show at the Meadowbank Arena on the 19th of September with Roddy Piper as an authority figure and Ronnie Brown singing "Flower of Scotland" to get things going.

Talent Roster is ...

England : Warrior, Rampage Brown, Brandon T, Micky L, AJ Anderson, Lisa Fury, Iain Robinson, Anthony McIntyre, Tony Spitfire

Scotland : Leigh Thomas ( Jack Jester ), Wolfgang, Liam Thompson, Lionheart, BT Gunn, Kid Fite, Nikki Storm, The Highlander

There's also some 8 ft guy called Shanx on offer being managed by Montgomery De Menti aka Charles Boddington.

Sounds like a good day out. I'm going !

Virgil, The Godfather and Kamala were all quality black wrestlers :rolleyes:

One was a slave, one was a pimp and the other was a freak

Correction. A slave, a pimp and a tribal savage. Also had Tony Atlas who had a short spell as Saba Simba, who came to the ring with a fucking spear to chuck.

In fact when you think about it. Charles Wright has had a few stereotypical gimmicks thrown up at him. Kama Mustafa, the black militant. Godfather, the pimp and Papa Shango, a juju man.

Edited by djchapsticks

Interesting stuff.

There's a show at the Meadowbank Arena on the 19th of September with Roddy Piper as an authority figure and Ronnie Brown singing "Flower of Scotland" to get things going.

Talent Roster is ...

England : Warrior, Rampage Brown, Brandon T, Micky L, AJ Anderson, Lisa Fury, Iain Robinson, Anthony McIntyre, Tony Spitfire

Scotland : Leigh Thomas ( Jack Jester ), Wolfgang, Liam Thompson, Lionheart, BT Gunn, Kid Fite, Nikki Storm, The Highlander

There's also some 8 ft guy called Shanx on offer being managed by Montgomery De Menti aka Charles Boddington.

Sounds like a good day out. I'm going !

Cool! I fancy a bit of that.

Do you have a link for ticket info?

Mark Henry looks like predator.

Farooq was in one of the most dominating (no pun intended) tag teams ever, and then they brought him back and gave him a shit one word catchphrase.

What is it with vince bringing things back and making them shit thus pishing all over their legacy?

ex. DX was awesome, then they brought it back and it was two 40+ y.o. men and hornswoggle just doing merchendice adverts and being overscripted.

ECW, once awesome, then they brought it back, making vince mcmahon and chavo amongst their champions.

nWo/Hulk Hogan early 2000's they had a weak nWo with x-pac and booker T in it, They had Hogan on Smackdown tagging with Edge and then sayin "I was just the right gay guy" and then wearing a mask as Captain America before fucking off.

Bret Hart, once an amazing wrestler, now he is still being put in the main events on PPV's yet he cannot wrestle and if he took a finisher he would be out for weeks.

I think the Nexus is WWE's first original thought in a long long time

DAMN!

Black Wrestlers...hmm...The Rock anyone?

Well I was going african american, depends where you draw the line. Really counting Samoa you'd need to count Asia.

D'lo Brown :lol:

Also, does being from Dudleyville count as being African-american?

Edited by forehead7

ECW, once awesome, then they brought it back, making vince mcmahon and chavo amongst their champions.

Horrible champions agreed, but I thought ECW was the most solid hour of TV that WWE produced. I watched it every single week from start to finish. Mostly no-nonsense shit. Guys wanted the belt. Guys fought for the belt, and you felt that EVERYONE on the ECW roster had a shot at it.

nWo/Hulk Hogan early 2000's they had a weak nWo with x-pac and booker T in it, They had Hogan on Smackdown tagging with Edge and then sayin "I was just the right gay guy" and then wearing a mask as Captain America before fucking off.

Captain America was brilliant. :lol:

Okay, so in reality it was cheesy and kinda shit, but I just loved it for some reason. I loved how nobody was supposed to be even close to fooled by the crappy costume.

As for the nWo, you can thank Steve Austin for that failure as he refused to job to Hall and Nash. It didn't help that for once, Hogan really wanted to do the job to someone, that someone being The Rock.

Bret Hart, once an amazing wrestler, now he is still being put in the main events on PPV's yet he cannot wrestle and if he took a finisher he would be out for weeks.

I don't get that. I can see why they brought him back initially, but do they really have to have him as an in-ring guy anymore now that they've covered the important stuff ? If they feel the need to give him a job, make him an agent or a PR guy or something.

Of course, the first time Vince brought back ECW, for One Night Stand, it was the best ECW PPV ever. So lets give some credit.

WWE shouldn't really be in the business of doing originality anymore if you ask me. Of course, they shouldn't be in the business of bringing back successful storylines and promotions either, because that will lead to disaster no matter who you are or what promotion you are running.