The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Cyrus from ECW. And aye, JB does commentary on Xplosion and does a good job.

The thing is, Tenay has been there from the very beginning, he's not going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately.

Anyway what does everyone think of TNA compared to this time last year? Have they moved forward and has the last year been a success?

Personally I think it has been. With the exception of Abyssamania, the Nasty boys, the Band and the X division I think TNA has had a good year, Reaction is a great concept and full credit must go to Bischoff. Hogan has brought exposure to the product and every addition they have made to the roster has been a good one.

I think buy rates and ratings will show that TNA's massive investment in Hogan/Bischoff/Hardy/RVD etc has been an utter disaster.

That may be from TNA's point of view but from a wrestling fan's point of view?

Would you not agree that in the time they moved to Monday Nights they gave us some excellent wrestling tv. Hardy has been a good addition from a merchandise stand point and TNA produced a pretty damn good swerve at BFG that not many saw coming.

TNA put the recent Tara vs. Mickie James cage match in the iMPACT main event spot because they felt it would keep the audience watching the show until it ended. Instead, more viewers tuned out than during almost any other iMPACT main event in recent months.

And nobody in the whole company could predict that? f**k sakelaugh.gif, completely clueless.

Not for a good while I don't think Russel.

TNA baffle me, they have AJ and Joe - two guys that basically carried the company from the start - floundering in the mid-upper card. They've got this giant faction filled with newcomers such as Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, Hardy, surely the way to go is to push Styles and Joe to the Moon, put them forward as absolute monster faces and have them battle Immortal week-in week-out. The problem with constantly throwing swerves is that eventually it isn't a swerve anymore, just standard practice and sadly that's what's happening with TNA.

AJ has been misused recently but his feud with Williams just now is great. They also seem to be hinting at a possible face turn which could see him back in the main event scene.

Joe is pretty good but his contract was set to expire, I can understand not putting him in the main event. What they next do with him is important but I'm not holding my breath.

If the newcomers are big enough stars (eg Hardy, Anderson) then put them in the main event.

The booking in TNA doesn't make sense most of the time though, I agree with you on that.

Are the Knockouts not normally the highest rated segments on impact?

I think that had a lot to do with their placement on the show for a long time. Nobody actually gives a f**k about the ladies.

Tara and Mickie WAS a good fued though and I'm disappointed that the fans didn't stick with it.

AJ has been misused recently but his feud with Williams just now is great. They also seem to be hinting at a possible face turn which could see him back in the main event scene.

Joe is pretty good but his contract was set to expire, I can understand not putting him in the main event. What they next do with him is important but I'm not holding my breath.

If the newcomers are big enough stars (eg Hardy, Anderson) then put them in the main event.

The booking in TNA doesn't make sense most of the time though, I agree with you on that.

I'm all for AJ as a main eventer and as a face but didn't numbers drop the last time AJ had the World Heavyweight Championship? But with the exposure now that TNA has recieved I'd like to think AJ Styles is a more recognised name in the business.

Joe has been misused as well. Having him job to Orlando Jordan was a huge no no but TNA went and did that. Since then Joe has never been made to look weak. Joe is also a babyface no doubt as well.

What I would do is turn them both face and then have them square off at BFG next year for the title much in the same way WM17 was done with two of the biggest faces WWE have ever had in Stone Cold and the Rock. It's guaranteed to be one of the best matches ever. If the story is told right and with the amount of experience they have had working together and it would be TNA guys in the spotlight, not people that have made their name elsewhere like this years main event at BFG.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

AJ makes for a poor heel I think as his mic work isn't quite where they need to be for a main-event heel, but as a face he's absolutely phenomenal (pardon the pun). I like the idea of the "Monster face-off" with AJ and Joe for next year, could really work well tied in to the Immortal story-line I mentioned in my post above, a who's the better man kind of effort...could be amazing if done correctly with a slow build-up over many months.

Thank you. TNA! Sign me!

That may be from TNA's point of view but from a wrestling fan's point of view?

Would you not agree that in the time they moved to Monday Nights they gave us some excellent wrestling tv. Hardy has been a good addition from a merchandise stand point and TNA produced a pretty damn good swerve at BFG that not many saw coming.

Hardy's been decent for TNA, Hogan/Bischoff have not, they(H/B) do nothing for me. Bischoff can be decent at times, just when he's a complete c**t but I can't stand Hogan. Flair has been good for them though.

I hope this means he'll be back in PWG. He really stood out there. Not surprised by this as the fans didn't care about him. He did a good job of getting his intensity across so I suppose he did have a chance of survival, but alas it's not enough.