The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Anyone get wrestling related Christmas presents?

I got SvR 2011 for the PS3, so I'll be playing that later. Also got three PPVs from 2003 - No Way Out, Badd Blood and Summerslam. Mixed bag, quality wise but I'll still look forward to watching them back.

Anyone get wrestling related Christmas presents?

I got SvR 2011 for the PS3, so I'll be playing that later. Also got three PPVs from 2003 - No Way Out, Badd Blood and Summerslam. Mixed bag, quality wise but I'll still look forward to watching them back.

Nah but I'm thinking of purchasing the Monday Night Wars, Rise and Fall of WCW and Rise and Fall of ECW DVDs, can people reccomend these or otherwise?

Nah but I'm thinking of purchasing the Monday Night Wars, Rise and Fall of WCW and Rise and Fall of ECW DVDs, can people reccomend these or otherwise?

Yes, yes and yes. All 3 of them are brilliant. Probably my favourites of the WWE DVD's I've seen along with the new Jericho and Cena one's. The Cena one was surprisingly really good.

I thought at first it was kinda obvious it was gonna be something to do with Nexus. Kinda weird how they've went with a new leader angle. I thought he was gonna reveal himself to be behind it all along. If anyone remembers the Raw where Nexus first appeared and battered Cena, it was Punk who was Cena's opponent that night and didnt do much against Nexus when they came out.

I thought at first it was kinda obvious it was gonna be something to do with Nexus. Kinda weird how they've went with a new leader angle. I thought he was gonna reveal himself to be behind it all along. If anyone remembers the Raw where Nexus first appeared and battered Cena, it was Punk who was Cena's opponent that night and didnt do much against Nexus when they came out.

Was Punk not on Smackdown?

I was surprised that Barrett wasn't involved in some way.

In other news, Reaction has been canned.

Also, This interesting article is suggesting that Lesnar might be leaving UFC. I don't follow it but it says he got beat by someone and it was very one-sided and his enthusiasm has been depleted because of it. Thus the Wrestlemania and Taker rumours are back

Edited by forehead7

Was Punk not on Smackdown?

I was surprised that Barrett wasn't involved in some way.

In other news, Reaction has been canned.

Also, This interesting article is suggesting that Lesnar might be leaving UFC. I don't follow it but it says he got beat by someone and it was very one-sided and his enthusiasm has been depleted because of it. Thus the Wrestlemania and Taker rumours are back

Punk was on Smackdown but it was one of those shows were everycunt's on the one show.

There's strong rumours going around that Cena was badly injured at a houseshow in a match against Wade Barrett, where he suffered an apparent leg injury.

Sucks for the guy, also it's bad news for the fans as i was looking forward to a Punk v Cena feud. :(

It was definetly Pun vs Cena. Punk was an uber heel at the time yet he attackes Nexus which kinda broke kayfabe a little, givving the angle a sense of realism and made you believe it.

Don't quite get where they are going with it. What's going on with Barrett? Otunga as leader is a rediculous thought. Then Punk joins them? Why not just reveal that he has been the leader all along? It would have caused a shock and turned Punk into the top heel in the company by far. Instead they have given us these terrible reasons as to why Punk attacked Cena.

They shoulda made Punk he leader. They should have had Oyunga give his "Nexus is under new management" promo, then when Nexus left Cena in the ring they should have then had them surround the ring. Punk comes out and gives the order to take Cena out making him the "new management".

No idea what lies ahead for Barrett now though. Possibly a face turn? Where he and Cena don't like each other but try to get rid of the Nexus?