The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I don't even need to see the Rock wrestle, if he doesn't want to put that strain back on his body, I'd much rather him be the GM though just so he's always getting a bit of mic time.

Can't wait till Tough Enough starts, hopefully we'll see a Rock and Austin promo. That would be jizz-tastic.

I don't know, he looks like he's in ring shape. I don't think he could come back and not perform at least once to be honest. Of course, this is all down to what his people believe, but he certainly looks in good enough shape to go back into the ring on at least a semi-regular basis.

The Rock's return really brought home, how average wrestling is nowadays. Don't get me wrong, i'm still a fan, yet last night made me feel a sense of excitement and enthusiasm that i've never experienced since the attitude era.

The pop that he receieved was absolutely outstanding, the noise that he generated was something that Cena and Orton have wet dreams about. His promo was fantastic, the way he carried himself made him seem like he was in a class of his own. He even worked his promo within the PG Era, yes he said the word "ass", yet he got the crowd pumped up and he mocked Cena, Miz and Cole in such a striking, yet clean way.

If The Rock stays in the WWE over the next few months, Cena will not be the face of the company during that period, as he's got nothing on the great one.

Long live, The People's Champion. :D

I don't know, he looks like he's in ring shape. I don't think he could come back and not perform at least once to be honest. Of course, this is all down to what his people believe, but he certainly looks in good enough shape to go back into the ring on at least a semi-regular basis.

He doesn't look nearly as muscular as the photo someone posted ages ago suggested, was expecting The (Samoan) Hulk to come out but he didn't look too different, in that respect, than I recall him looking.

He'll probably do a couple of matches, but he doesn't need to do every house shows or 40 minute matches is what I'm saying.

Hopefully with the Rock around some of the other wrestlers can learn a little from him.

If he does end up facing Cena at Mania, then I can't actually see Rock winning, unless it's to prolong the feud. It would probably end up being like Rock/Hogan with Cena getting the win and the veteran's respect. In fact maybe Rock's return will be quite like Hogan's was? In which case the Rock will win the title at Backlash from HHH!

P.S. TNA must be shitting themselves now. They brought in two of the all time greats in Flair and Hogan and have done f**k all with it. The WWE now brings in the Rock for however long and it already seems to be having an effect with loads of people online talking about it. Just gives people one more reason to not give a shit about TNA.

And even though it's slightly off topic, whilst I'm talking about TNA, I have to say that they are awful with entrance music. Even the crappy wrestlers in WWE have decent entrance music, but TNA's just seems to be shite. Case in point; Mr Anderson. His music is terrible. In WWE the music seems to reflect the character themselves, but in TNA it's just balls.

Edited by DA Baracus

And even though it's slightly off topic, whilst I'm talking about TNA, I have to say that they are awful with entrance music. Even the crappy wrestlers in WWE have decent entrance music, but TNA's just seems to be shite. Case in point; Mr Anderson. His music is terrible. In WWE the music seems to reflect the character themselves, but in TNA it's just balls.

What that most of their heels are pooves?

Happy fucking days!!!:D Walking about with the biggest smile today....my hero :wub:. Shaping up to be the best Mania of all time :P

Steady on, don't you know Mania 17 can never ever be topped?

is that the end of the PG era then

Highly unlikely.

I have a semi.

No kidding around, that was beyond amazing.

I've not watch the WWE in 6 years and I've watched his return about 20 times already.

The fired out of Barney the Dinosaur's anus comment is the funniest thing I've heard in the WWE in many a year.

Shows Cena's brand of 'comedy' and promo quality up as well to be quite honest.

Exactly, The Rock comedy just seems so natural. But aye the Barney thing was great.

P.S. TNA must be shitting themselves now. They brought in two of the all time greats in Flair and Hogan and have done f**k all with it. The WWE now brings in the Rock for however long and it already seems to be having an effect with loads of people online talking about it. Just gives people one more reason to not give a shit about TNA.

Over the last few days I've completely forgotten about TNA. I don't know if I can be bothered watching Against All Odds, I've just no interest in what they are doing compared to whats going on in WWE just now.

The Rock won't work a match with Cena I can see him doing some funny backstage segments and beign a guest referee but that's it really.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Anyway I raise you Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio over the custody of Mysterio's son, what's your opinion on that storyline.

That was truly horrendous stuff, but it wasn't based in reality as JJ-Angle is.

Can only echo what others have said about the Rock, he is a true great and it was phenomenal to see him back in the ring. I'd love for him to stick around for a year but can't see it happening, there are so many potential fresh feuds for him and it could really help some of the younger guys.

f**k knows why but earlier on I remembered an angle where Eddie Guerrero got his family in the ring at a house show (kids, Vickie before she got on TV and Eddie's mum), then JBL came in, shoved Eddie's maw and she had a heart attack? Did I imagine this or did it actually happen? Must've been circa 04-05. It was awful.

That was truly horrendous stuff, but it wasn't based in reality as JJ-Angle is.

Can only echo what others have said about the Rock, he is a true great and it was phenomenal to see him back in the ring. I'd love for him to stick around for a year but can't see it happening, there are so many potential fresh feuds for him and it could really help some of the younger guys.

f**k knows why but earlier on I remembered an angle where Eddie Guerrero got his family in the ring at a house show (kids, Vickie before she got on TV and Eddie's mum), then JBL came in, shoved Eddie's maw and she had a heart attack? Did I imagine this or did it actually happen? Must've been circa 04-05. It was awful.

Bottom line is, Kurt Angle is an olympian, gold medalist, multi time WWE champ, he shouldn't be working angles like this. He's a much more valuable asset than that. While his character is a shadowed, watered down version of what he was a decade ago, he's still a house hold name in the business.

Yeah that happened in 05. Just after JBL one the championship off Eddie at Judgement Day I think. Surely they could have done something else rather than that to make the fued personal.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Yeah that happened in 05. Just after JBL one the championship off Eddie at Judgement Day I think. Surely they could have done something else rather than that to make the fued personal.

I just thought her fake heart attack was hilarious. At a house show as well :lol:

Is it tomorrow Jericho's new book comes out? Looking forward to it.

I read Goldust's book on Saturday. In 90 minutes. It was utter shit. One of the worst books I've ever read. It only took me 90 minutes because it's so short. Just dreadful really.

i've not watched the wrassling for years.

however...

.... i'd be extremely suprised if there was any more offensive fued than big show - boss man. they had the big show's da dieing of cancer and the boss man turned up at the funeral and stole the casket with body and drove off with it chained to his truck dragging along behind it on the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UyJ3T5dwOOo

Edited by T_S_A_R