The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Kane's return wont me sh*t to me if he comes back with that shitty entrance music he's been sporting for the past 2-3 years. It's slow, it's pish and doesn't suit is character.

Bring this music back and it'll have a lot more impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hI1dJGQko&feature=related

^^^

Best theme.

The final days of Chris Benoit will be re-told in a new big screen 'biographical thriller', entitled Crossface.

SRG Films have bought the rights to Matthew Randazzo's book Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry, to retell the wrestler's story, whose career and life ended in a double murder–suicide. Sarah Coulter has already written the first draft of the script, which is expected to begin filming late next year.

Talks are underway with potential actors and directors and the film already has an IMDB page. Coulter says, "People immediately point to steroids, never thinking about the brain trauma these wrestlers can, and do, incur in their profession, nor do they consider the rigorous schedule that keeps them working even when they shouldn t be. The Benoit story is one that needs to be brought into the light."

I'm thinking the title is a little bit inappropriate.

What

would be so wrong with one last Taker v Kane match? If they provided a thrilling, career ending storyline for them both it could be the best thing they've done for years.

I've already said there's no point in doing it if there's going to be another Undertaker win, but that also creates the problem of Kane being the one to end the streak. Good way to preserve the legacy that. So yeah, I'm dead against a Kane match pretty much any way you look at it.

Undertaker against Kane again = no buys.

Their feud and matches last Autumn were some of the worst in recent WWE history and both men are now broken down to such a degree that any Mania match would have to be heavily gimmicked to make it even slightly bearable.

I wouldn't have a problem if Taker being carried out on the stretcher at this years Wrestlemania was the last we ever seen of him.

Undertaker against Kane again = no buys.

Their feud and matches last Autumn were some of the worst in recent WWE history and both men are now broken down to such a degree that any Mania match would have to be heavily gimmicked to make it even slightly bearable.

I wouldn't have a problem if Taker being carried out on the stretcher at this years Wrestlemania was the last we ever seen of him.

I think a last Buried Alive Match would be outstanding. They're both capable of building it up and creating a huge match psychology and if the streak were to end with that (done properly) I personally would find it thrilling. I'd hate for Taker to lose his streak to CM Punk or anyone else except Kane to be honest.

I think a last Buried Alive Match would be outstanding. They're both capable of building it up and creating a huge match psychology and if the streak were to end with that (done properly) I personally would find it thrilling. I'd hate for Taker to lose his streak to CM Punk or anyone else except Kane to be honest.

If they did both want to end their careers you could have a scenario where Kane puts Taker in the pit and starts the machine to drop the dirt only for Taker to grab him and pull him down and they both get buried at the same time.

I don't want to see undertaker and Kane at WM. The only acceptable thing for me would be to bring a real powerhouse or veteran back for the 20th taker WM match. Lesnar, Goldbeg, Angle, Jericho or Even drift Nash away from the storyline he's in now, have HHH (he said when taker comes back he'll be waiting) interfere in Nash's favour and then it would turn out that they were in co-op all along. Thus after WM, gives Kane an excuse to be a fucking maniac for a year and hunt them down.

Then again maybe not, I'll probably get told that's a Pish idea from the 'experts' on this thread dry.gif

I don't want Undertakers record to be spoiled by an up-and-coming star, that would be pish. Here's my dream idea:

Stone Cold Vs Undertaker - No DQ. Stone Cold says he's back for 1 more match, and he's determined to end Taker's record in anyway possible. Fight starts off fairly, and usual antics follow with the ref being KO'ed. Just as it looks like it's gameover for Austin:

Jimmy Snuka, Jake The Snake, King Kong Bundy, Diesel, Sycho Sid, Triple H, Prince Albert, Big Show, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Batista, Edge & Shawn Michaels all start beating down on the Undertaker each doing their finisher on the Deadman.

Suddenly the lights cut out, the music starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUIWZjfIIWY

Maske Kane is BACK!!! He's BACK!!! The Taker victims are all waiting in the ring, Kane effortlessly clears the ring, handing out one-armed chokeslams like he was a doctor giving lollipops to children. He's cleared the ring, he sets the ring posts on fire with his trademark thrust. Undertaker is beginning to get to his feet, and Kane tries to chokeslam him, only to receive a fistful of punches from the deadman before he closelines the Big Red Machine out of the ring. Undertaker turns round, absolutely exhausted only to see Stone Cold waiting on him, he hits the stunner, 1...2... KICK-OUT!!! Unbelievable! The audience begin to question whether it's physically possible to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Taker does his trademark sit-up, only for Austin to stunner him again. 1...2...........3!!! 'It's over' shouts King, 'What a SLOBBERKNOCKER!' says JR!

Suddenly, the lights cut-out once more... Undertaker's first ever theme plays, the Funeral Dirge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj9uQfYfSwM&feature=related

The druids come and collect the motionless Undertaker with Paul Bearer leading the way, with Taker never to be seen again...

Was wondering why the f**k you had all those people attack Taker before it hit me who they were. Flair could be a problem, if he's contracted to TNA.

You'd have Austin beat him? What good would that do? Austin doesn't need to be made into a bigger star, I don't think Taker would allow that to happen anyway.

Was wondering why the f**k you had all those people attack Taker before it hit me who they were. Flair could be a problem, if he's contracted to TNA.

You'd have Austin beat him? What good would that do? Austin doesn't need to be made into a bigger star, I don't think Taker would allow that to happen anyway.

A Wrestlemania with Rock vs Cena & Austin vs Taker? That would probably be the biggest Mania ever, and generate huge sales. Granted, it wouldn't do much good in the long run, but no-one in the current roster deserves to takedown Taker at Mania IMO.

A Wrestlemania with Rock vs Cena & Austin vs Taker? That would probably be the biggest Mania ever, and generate huge sales. Granted, it wouldn't do much good in the long run, but no-one in the current roster deserves to takedown Taker at Mania IMO.

They aren't gonna put those two matches on the same event.

If people are gonna buy for the Rock then they're gonna buy for Austin. It'd make more sense, business-wise, for Austin to be at next year's Mania if he's gonna wrestle again.

Austin going over Taker would be the most pointless thing ever at this stage. As far as I'm concerned, only two guys on the active roster should be going over Taker and that's HHH and Cena. Orton at a push maybe. Nobody outside of that should be going over him either. What would be the point?