The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Amazing how much they've fucked over Bryan. I thought something like this would happen when the commentators said it was 'inevitable' he'd win the title after his win at MITB.

Re: Zack Ryder, I thought they had the right idea with making him Teddy Long's assistant, it played to his strengths. He's really mediocre in the ring, the only thing that can paper over those cracks just now, I think, is putting him in multi-man Raw main event matches teaming with Cena and/or Punk. With the attitude he obviously has though, I wouldn't put it past him improving his ring work in the near future.

Edited by RB-Scotland

The thing about Ryders work, I find, is that it's enjoyable, entertaining and fun but nothing memorable....kinda middle of the road. With that said, his tag match on SmackDown this week, Ryder/Sheamus vs Ziggler/Swagger, he came out of looking very good. His longest match I can remember seeing and he worked most of the match, taking the majority of the bumps. By far my favourie match I've seen of him. He is capable of good matches!!! Him vs Ziggler for the US title could be very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RENP3vNkajg&feature=player_embedded

Completely unrelated to any discussion currently ongoing but i genuinly had goosebumps watching that. The reaction from the crowd when The Rock hits The People's Elbow is amazing!

Thats JR at his best, he makes that moment a lot more special with his commentary of that moment.

One of the best pop's I've ever heard was the one in this video - I'm sure everyone will remember it! I even jumped out of my chair watching it at home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKz0_JngFmg

Michael Cole ruins this moment IMO.

And he's gone.....well almost.

F4WOnline.com reports today that John Morrison is done with WWE when his contract extension expires Wednesday.

His original contract with the organization expired earlier this month but he agreed to an extension to appear at events he was advertised for. It is not known whether he will be making a farewell appearance at Monday's Raw SuperShow in Columbia, South Carolina

And on a side note:

WWE officials have been discussing turning World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry babyface again. Sources expect the turn to happen sooner than later.

mad.gif

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Just read on Joey Styles' twitter page that tomorrow night's Raw will open with Piper's Pit. I saw Piper present Vintage Collection a few weeks ago and he looks like he's back in good health. Should be a good 'un tomorrow night!

Just read on Joey Styles' twitter page that tomorrow night's Raw will open with Piper's Pit. I saw Piper present Vintage Collection a few weeks ago and he looks like he's back in good health. Should be a good 'un tomorrow night!

Brodus Clay to attack Piper and Cena. Do it WWE

Daniel Bryan is good in the ring, although in this day in age to become a WWE/WHC Champion, you either need to have a good look or have a great personality.

Unfortunately for Bryan, he's got neither.

Aye, not like back in the day when you had guys like Hogan, Warrior or Diesel as WWF Champ.

And he's gone.....well almost.

F4WOnline.com reports today that John Morrison is done with WWE when his contract extension expires Wednesday.

His original contract with the organization expired earlier this month but he agreed to an extension to appear at events he was advertised for. It is not known whether he will be making a farewell appearance at Monday's Raw SuperShow in Columbia, South Carolina

Ideal.

And on a side note:

WWE officials have been discussing turning World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry babyface again. Sources expect the turn to happen sooner than later.

mad.gif

Far from ideal.

Amazing how much they've fucked over Bryan. I thought something like this would happen when the commentators said it was 'inevitable' he'd win the title after his win at MITB.

He got more than he deserved when he won that four way. He isn't fucked over at all.

The simple fact is that he should be nowhere near the main event right now. The fact that he's wrestling in a cage match against Mark Henry speaks volumes for the fact that, if anything, WWE actually overrate where Daniel Bryan should be.

He got more than he deserved when he won that four way. He isn't fucked over at all.

The simple fact is that he should be nowhere near the main event right now. The fact that he's wrestling in a cage match against Mark Henry speaks volumes for the fact that, if anything, WWE actually overrate where Daniel Bryan should be.

My problem is that he's come out of nowhere. As far as I can remember, most of the MITB people are usually hovering around the US/IC title areas(edit:at least). I know he probably never could be, but I just can't see him as a credible opponent to Henry. The cage match seems pointless, Henry will not lose the title to Daniel Bryan.*

*Bryan will probably beat him tomorrow night now.

Edited by forehead7

That was one of the less well worded posts I'm going to make on here.

I know what you mean and I agree with you. Daniel Bryan isn't a main eventer, he's a perfect midcarder. I'd have kept him on Raw and had him as the workhorse who can pull a good match out of anyone around the US title level.

Aye, not like back in the day when you had guys like Hogan, Warrior or Diesel as WWF Champ.

I see your point, however in the past the likes of Bret Hart and Chris Benoit held the WWE/WHC Titles and i wouldn't class those two as having a good look nor a great personality.