The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

What would be the point of HHH beating Taker? Outside Taker, he's probably the

biggest name in the WWE

You just gave the answer I'd have given right after the question. Only one of the biggest stars should be beating him, if anyone. Anyone else and the streak loses some of the worth it had. Losing it to someone like a HHH is easy stuff.

The problem with this, of course, is you only get one shot at it, and with

Bobby Lashley, Brock Lesnar and technically The Rock all not hung around for too

long, it's clear why the WWE has yet to find someone the trust and is capable.

Not only that, but you have the likelyhood of a new guy bombing after he beats Taker, and therefore the streak loses value, and considering it's The Undertaker's one big tangible contribution, I can't see WWE being down with that.

Apparently there's going to be "a very good hint" as to who the mystery videos are for on the Dec 19th RAW.

WWE brought Lilian Garcia back to the organization to permanently replace Tony Chimel as the ring announcer for weeklySmackDown tapings. Chimel, 50, will continue working for WWE at television tapings in the production office backstage. Company officials asked Garcia late last week if she wanted to return and a deal was reached Monday upon her arrival in Tampa, Florida.

Garcia, who turned 45 years old in August, retired from her job as Raw ring announcer in 2009, citing a wish to settle down with her husband and being burned out from WWE's strenuous travel schedule. During her time away, she continued to pursue her music career, and hosted AfterBuzzTV.com's post-shows for Raw and Tough Enough.

Lillian Garcia is 45?

wwe-diva-lilian-garcia-23.jpg

WOULD!!!

Not only that, but you have the likelyhood of a new guy bombing after he beats Taker, and therefore the streak loses value, and considering it's The Undertaker's one big tangible contribution, I can't see WWE being down with that.

I think his general mystique,and conscience of the WWE schtick outweighs the streak but again,it;s not worth breaking unless the recepeint is worth it.

Apparently there's going to be "a very good hint" as to who the mystery videos are for on the Dec 19th RAW.

WWE brought Lilian Garcia back to the organization to permanently replace Tony Chimel as the ring announcer for weeklySmackDown tapings. Chimel, 50, will continue working for WWE at television tapings in the production office backstage. Company officials asked Garcia late last week if she wanted to return and a deal was reached Monday upon her arrival in Tampa, Florida.

Garcia, who turned 45 years old in August, retired from her job as Raw ring announcer in 2009, citing a wish to settle down with her husband and being burned out from WWE's strenuous travel schedule. During her time away, she continued to pursue her music career, and hosted AfterBuzzTV.com's post-shows for Raw and Tough Enough.

Lillian Garcia is 45?

wwe-diva-lilian-garcia-23.jpg

WOULD!!!

PLEASING.

The newest Long Island Iced Z is my favourite one ever. Ryder is the bollocks.

He definitely deserves his spot regardless of how average people claim he is in the ring.

He went out his way to shamelessly self-promote and have a bit of a carry on with some hilarious videos when he was fannying about jobbing on Superstars and headed for the future endeavours list. As a result he'd gotten himself over without any real help from WWE creative and has probably made them a lot in merchandise sales, all off his own back. One look on WWE's shop website shows just how over the guy has gotten himself in well under a year. He's gone from an opener to one of the top 5 merchandise shifters in the company in about 6 months.

So, much respect for the guy.

What's everyones fav TLC match? Im sure there has only been about 10 or so, I'm sure someone will list them all.

Mines is the very first one edge/christian vs hardys vs dudleys. Totally didn't expect it at time and was brilliant.

The one that Lita, Spike and Rhyno got involved in was my favourite at Wrestlemania 17. I think it was the second one.

He definitely deserves his spot regardless of how average people claim he is in

the ring.

He went out his way to shamelessly self-promote and have a bit

of a carry on with some hilarious videos when he was fannying about jobbing on

Superstars and headed for the future endeavours list. As a result he'd gotten

himself over without any real help from WWE creative and has probably made them

a lot in merchandise sales, all off his own back. One look on WWE's shop website

shows just how over the guy has gotten himself in well under a year. He's gone

from an opener to one of the top 5 merchandise shifters in the company in about

6 months.

So, much respect for the guy.

I'm one of the biggest critics on here of him in the ring, but none of the above can be denied really. He works so hard. Probably harder than anyone else and it's paying off for him. I've been wondering if HE is gonna be the guy to take the top babyface spot if Cena turns heel. He's come out of nowhere basically, but the guy is insanely over and he's at least crisp in the ring, which is all he needs.

As for favourite TLC match, it is probably TLC II. TLC III and Cena/Edge were both absolutely gripping as well though.

Zyder has done a very good job of making himself relevant, considering he was on the brink of being future endeavoured.

However, the guy is nowhere near Main Event level and will not be taking the top babyface spot from Cena, that's CM Punk's job and to be honest, he's nearly there.

If they're not going to turn Cena then they need to stop this Ryder friendship thing as it's going to affect the way in which the crowd perceive Zyder. As right now, he just looks like Cena's lackey.

Zyder has done a very good job of making himself relevant, considering he was on the brink of being future endeavoured.

However, the guy is nowhere near Main Event level and will not be taking the top babyface spot from Cena, that's CM Punk's job and to be honest, he's nearly there.

If they're not going to turn Cena then they need to stop this Ryder friendship thing as it's going to affect the way in which the crowd perceive Zyder. As right now, he just looks like Cena's lackey.

Could it be that they are building Ryder up as the guy that Cena finally snaps on? I can realistically see it as it then gives both guys are firm push in respective directions. Cena the old head who's had enough of being treated the way he is by fans who never show him the loyalty and respect that he preaches, pissed off that some no-mark comes from obscurity and is instantly more popular than he is. Ryder the firm underdog with full support of the fans, much like Cena was in the early days against the likes of Lesnar and Angle.

I do agree though that they need to give Ryder more of a ruthless streak if they want him to stay high on the card. Though I reckon they are sort of building to this. He's virtually a lock for the US title at TLC now. The only way he wouldn't be is if he gets fucked over by someone (obviously not Cena right now or else the whole 'give up the title shot' angle would be simply pointless) and makes the fans even more hot for a title win.

Was thinking yesterday (as I have a lot of time on my own in work at weekends and my mind drifts), what is the worst wrestler gimmick in history in P&B's opinion? Mine is a toss up of two, not even shitey gimmicks like Mantaur or Duke the Dumpster. Just two, totally pointless gimmicks that were never going to go anywhere and never did. Here's my two, it's really hard to pick between them.

Rob 'Conman' Conway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlz_2xwHro

Just Joe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtjTjMx-QQI&feature=related

So obscure this about the only video I could find of him on YT. His gimmick (for anyone that doesn't remember) was a shit stirrer, and he was always saying 'Don't shoot the messenger'.