The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

WWE Superstar Heath Slater has not won a match on WWE programming since the July 28th Superstars when he beat Trent Baretta.

Slater, who was suspended for failing a Wellness test back in October, lost to Sheamus on this week's SmackDown and finished 2011 with an 18-match losing streak for WWE TV and pay-per-view events.

The suspension and losing streak weren't Slater's only troubles in 2011. Back in late June, Atlanta security guard Corinne Oliver filed a police report against him claiming that he assaulted her in a hotel during WrestleMania 27 weekend. The news broke in early August that police were investigating Slater for the allegations but no charges were ever filed and we haven't heard anything since.

This stat raised a smile....get him to f**k.

WWE Superstar Heath Slater has not won a match on WWE programming since the July 28th Superstars when he beat Trent Baretta.

Slater, who was suspended for failing a Wellness test back in October, lost to Sheamus on this week's SmackDown and finished 2011 with an 18-match losing streak for WWE TV and pay-per-view events.

The suspension and losing streak weren't Slater's only troubles in 2011. Back in late June, Atlanta security guard Corinne Oliver filed a police report against him claiming that he assaulted her in a hotel during WrestleMania 27 weekend. The news broke in early August that police were investigating Slater for the allegations but no charges were ever filed and we haven't heard anything since.

This stat raised a smile....get him to f**k.

He is chronic.

I fucking love Mark Henry just now, but not Superstar of the Year.

I completely passed by Orton admittedly. No idea why I did that. Completely slipped my mind, even when I had him in my feud of the year. Of course Randy Orton is my superstar of the year and will edit accordingly.

Superstar of the year 2011 - Randy Orton

Match of the year 2011 - Smackdown MITB match, Money In the Bank

Feud of the year 2011 - Randy Orton vs Christian

PPV of the year - Money in the Bank

Moment wrestling was saved of the year - When Kane put his mask back on

I thought the Smackdown MitB was getting there, and then the big Sheamus/Cara spot happened, and they just couldn't live up from there. The RAW one was my favourite this year thanks to the fucking insanity of it. Even the botches added to the madness. It was amazing. Made my top 20 matches of the year, while the Smackdown one JUST missed out.

Money in the Bank is going to be the best show for everyone, isn't it? I didn't see a better show from ANYONE this year, and that covers a lot of excellent shows from a lot of good promotions. It really was a stunner, capped off by a modern day classic.

Superstar of the year 2011 - CM Punk

Match of the year 2011 - John Cena vs CM Punk, Money in the Bank

Feud of the year 2011 - CM Punk vs the WWE

PPV of the year - Money in the Bank

I think that's probably mine as well. I'm horrible at remembering matches though.

I'd give a special "rise of the year" to Ziggler who's been phenomenal in the last few months.

Return of the year is totally the Road Dogg.

Can't think of any other awards I'd give.

The Rock showing up on Raw when he was announced as host of Wrestlemania is my moment of the year. I know Rocky's 'return' hasn't been as awesome as some of us had hoped, but the surprise of seeing The Rock on WWE television after nearly 7 years was an amazing moment.

Booker T and Diesel showing up in the Rumble were fantastic moments as well, although they have since been tainted by their dire appearances since then. Seeing Kevin Nash get the biggest pop of the night while reprising a 16 year old gimmick was a surreal moment!

I posted about this movie a few weeks back, looks like it's for real and will be made.:

SRG Films' upcoming film Crossface retelling Chris Benoit's descent into double murder and suicide will feature actors portraying his wrestling peers.

"Eddie Guerrero is obviously very important to the story," Sarah Coulter tells WorstPreviews.com, who has already written the first draft of the script. "Triple H, Kurt Angle, they're all there, but it's early and things can still change.

"Regarding whether the film will be a biopic, Coulter says, "Chris had a remarkable career. You take a look at his time in Japan and with Stu Hart, and you realize that you'd need more than one movie to tell the entire Chris Benoit story. Ultimately, it's about the 2007 murders/suicide, so we had to pick and choose the right moments in Chris' career that may have been factors in his downfall."

Coulter adds several actors are under consideration for the lead role and that an official casting announcement will be made soon

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Even though Lesnar has retired I'm pretty sure he still has a contract to the UFC which involves another 3 matches, usually if he lost his next fight he would have been dropped from the UFC anyway but with the PPV money the big beast must rake in I'm sure Dana would have kept him in. Dana has already said that an exit plan will need to be discussed and planned out as he's still under contract with the UFC, unless something gets agreed I don't think he will be in WWE for a while. In fact it would not surprise me if Vince just paid off his UFC contact and then gave him a bumper pay day to appear at Mania.

My superstar of the year has to be CM Punk with Mark Henry a close 2nd and moment of the year for me has to be Orton's wee dance and big star jump after a big RKO, magical bit of viewing from the so called "robot" haha!.

I'm also sticking with my shout of Shane and Steph returning, god I'll be raging if that's who it is but it makes perfect sense to me. The wee boy and girl, taking back what's rightfully his, the globe for WWE, the Undertaker style sounds in the background is the only thing I'm not sure about.

On the other subject of Slater, he has to go, I'd only keep him if he agrees to shave his heed!. Oh and a Bryan heel turn makes perfect sense, he would make a cracking heel, a wee nasty guy I would imagine!, hopefully if he does turn heel then some new entrance music will be set up, his current music is shocking, just give him a Rage Against the Machine tune or something haha.

If Bryan's heel, how will they have Cole handle it? :huh:

Hopefully they'd just future endeavour the stupid little c**t.

I'm really looking forward to RAW tonight.

Y2J last tweeted: So obvious the 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar. That fight was a joke #ufcisfixed @speewee #memphis

He seems to be trying a bit too hard tbh. :unsure: