The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Finally got round to seeing Steve Corino v. Kevin Steen - holy shit, Kevin Steen is fucking insane, some of the spots during the match and in the aftermath were ridiculous. If I was booking Ring of Honour I'd be building the whole company around him.

Looking forward to Ziggler v. Punk next Monday, hopefully it gets plenty of time, if it is Jericho that's the 2 1 12 guy, then I wouldn't be wholly surprised if Ziggles wins the title, although I've no idea who he'd feud with if Punk was then tied up with Jericho right enough.

Wouldn't be surprised if Orton's injury does now lead to a 'Taker return sooner than was maybe planned, certainly hope so anyway.

Hope that is the start of a McIntyre push, he's got everything going for him and is much improved from when he was first pushed and wasn't ready, will be interesting to see where it goes with the current number of heels on Smackdown.

Edited by J_Stewart

Finally got round to seeing Steve Corino v. Kevin Steen - holy shit, Kevin Steen

is fucking insane, some of the spots during the match and in the aftermath were

ridiculous. If I was booking Ring of Honour I'd be building the whole company

around him.

To be fair, I think that's what they seem to be doing. I don't think anyone has ever had this aura in ROH before. He's become a legit draw all on his own thanks mainly to the magnificent booking of the ROH crew. And now he's a part of the promotion again full time, he's going to be chasing the gold to be sure, and signalled his intent quite clearly in the Glory by Honor show.

As for Steen related insanity, check out that Steen Wolf show I posted on the last page for a ladder match between him and Generico. Absolutely fucking mental. Both guys just kill themselves. And yeah, it IS more mental than the Steen/Corino match.

TheDDT.com is reporting that Randy Orton's injury angle is cover for him failing a Wellness test. This would be Orton's third fail, and if WWE followed it's own policy at http://corporate.wwe...e_policy.jsp#15 then Orton should have been fired. More news as it develops.

Interesting, imagine they had to fire the cover boy of the current video game laugh.gif

@iamjericho

Sick of all the questions so this is it...from now on I'm not answering anymore wrestling related questions. I'm done with WWE. Deal with it

:rolleyes:

Twitter cannot be trusted, if he is coming back then WWE will be using it as a tool for speculation.

I have a feeling it will be Shane and Steph with Shane returning to reclaim what should be rightfully his, but was unjustly taken from him, Steph will be back by his side.

The video is a wee boy and girl at the end of the day, they could be making it Undertaker-ish to make people think otherwise.

I have a feeling it will be Shane and Steph with Shane returning to reclaim what should be rightfully his, but was unjustly taken from him, Steph will be back by his side.

The video is a wee boy and girl at the end of the day, they could be making it Undertaker-ish to make people think otherwise.

That is a really good shout.

What about Flair, what's he doing these days? Could be him, again same as Hogan setting him up for a match with Taker at mania

Both Flair and Hogan are still in TNA.

You have been listening to Forehead a lot tongue.gif

Yeah, I actually get a commission whenever someone says the word "bullshit"

It would be spectacularly dreadful if it were either Shane or Stepanie McMahon. They're both rank. I've never liked them, and I hate matches that involved Shane. He took big bumps but that was because that's all he could do. He's utterly unbelievable as a character.

Flair or Hogan against Taker would be an atrocity of a match. Both are knackered and can do very little in the ring. As knackered as Taker is, he is massively more mobile and able than them both. Plus at this stage of his career, Flair is simply not a draw against Taker and would not add anything to the match. No one would be in the slightest doubt as to who would win. The same could probably be said of Hogan. Like everyone else, TNA has destoryed thier star power and aura.

Anybody here watch FCW?

Only caught the odd show here and there as hate watching shows with no/little crowd but I like the look of this guy Seth Rollins and Richie Steamboat.

There is also a great new Japanese tag team of Jiro and Sakamoto - think along with Yoshi Tatsu they could have an interesting feud with Epico, Hunico, Primo etc.

WWE tends not to do much with Japanese talent though

Anybody here watch FCW?

Only caught the odd show here and there as hate watching shows with no/little crowd but I like the look of this guy Seth Rollins and Richie Steamboat.

There is also a great new Japanese tag team of Jiro and Sakamoto - think along with Yoshi Tatsu they could have an interesting feud with Epico, Hunico, Primo etc.

WWE tends not to do much with Japanese talent though

I watch it now and again, since you've mentioned Rollins I'll leave him out, out of the ones I've seen I quite liked Dean Ambrose and Corey Graves (formerly SJK on the indie scene).

out of the ones I've seen I quite liked Dean Ambrose

The guy who, even when standing still, can't stay still? He's a fantastic heel character from what I gather.