The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The next batch of FCW lads must be due to be called up. I know that Seth Rollins and my personal favourite from FCW, Dean AMbrose have been on the road with WWE working house shows.

Triple H also wants to delay debuting any new talent until creative has solid storylines for them and strong gimmicks. Ambrose will make a good heel when he gets the call.

I can't be buggered if we don't get answers from Jericho tonight. If he doesn't say anything yet again then that will be a whole month that they've torn the arse out of it.

Edited by Paulo Sergio

The next batch of FCW lads must be due to be called up. I know that Seth Rollins and my personal favourite from FCW, Dean AMbrose have been on the road with WWE working house shows.

Triple H also wants to delay debuting any new talent until creative has solid storylines for them and strong gimmicks. Ambrose will make a good heel when he gets the call.

That's actually quite sensible. How many times have we seen folk called up who were clearly not ready and had to either be sent back to FCW or fired?

WCW Thunder was also definitely on Channel 5 in 99/00/01.

WCW Thunder was also definitely on Channel 5 in 99/00/01.

It was WCW Worldwide that Ch5 showed, it was a combination of Thunder matches plus highlights from Nitro.

I loved that show, complete with Batman style captions to censor out any weapon shots :lol:

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

It was WCW Worldwide that Ch5 showed, it was a combination of Thunder matches plus highlights from Nitro.

I loved that show, complete with Batman style captions to censor out any weapon shots :lol:

laugh.gif That show was brilliant. I remember I only had the 5 channels in my room and the only way to watch wrestling in my room was either WCW Worldwide or Heat on T4 on a Sunday. The only parts of Heat that were ever that enjoyable were the highlights of Raw or Smackdown as well.

laugh.gif That show was brilliant. I remember I only had the 5 channels in my room and the only way to watch wrestling in my room was either WCW Worldwide or Heat on T4 on a Sunday. The only parts of Heat that were ever that enjoyable were the highlights of Raw or Smackdown as well.

I think it'd be interesting to watch old episodes of Heat back now and see how many "local wrestlers" you'd recognise, and not just the ones that are in the WWE.

I don't think they'll do anything with Jericho tonight. I think we'll learn more at the Rumble. Right, full ICW review...#

The Bucky Boys and Lambrini df. STI and Sara.

This was a cracking wee opening match. They didn't QUITE match the war that they had at the same venue last summer, but it was better than their Summerbam effort. The STI have come off of this match as a new monster heel tag team when before they weren't taken quite as seriously.

Jack Jester df. Mikey Whiplash.

Thought this was a dodgy booking decision. Jester has a win over Whiplash and now he has beaten him clean twice, and it looks like they're going with the fued even longer. The match itself was good from what I seen of it, and the big table spot was crazy stuff.

Lionheart vs. Red Lightning,

I'll go into why this was bizarre later on. The match itself was pure squash stuff.

BT Gunn df. James Scott to win the ICW Championship

Might well have wrapped up the UK Match of the Year right off the bat. The drama of it was insane. Some major bumps going on, including Gunn bumping backwards off of a balcony. The celebration when BT Gunn won the title was amazing. The entire place lost it's head.

Red Lightning wins the first annual square go and goes on to face the champ.

Right, here's the thing. Red Lightning loses basically a squash, and then gets a post-match beatdown plus his win was cheap as hell. At least TRY and make us believe this guy can do something. Lots of good things in the match though, like the Coffey brothers looking fantastic, Saqib Ali making his debut and instantly having the audience lap up his act, Carmel and Kay Lee Ray putting their differences aside to try and outdo the Gold Label. Chris Renfrew going cane happy. Johnny Starr getting launched over the top rope and into the crowd. The Bucky Boys getting HUGE face heat, and STI getting equal amount of heat in boos. It was a top drawer match.

Probably their best show yet.

I didn't have Sky or the internet back then, so Heat was the only way I could follow the WWF. I remember when Essa Rios defeating Gillberg for the Light Heavyweight Championship seemed like the most epic thing ever! :lol:

There was also a feud between Mark Henry/Mae Young and Mideon/Ivory that seemed to go on for months.

Lionheart vs. Red Lightning,

I'll go into why this was bizarre later on. The match itself was pure squash stuff.

Red Lightning wins the first annual square go and goes on to face the champ.

Right, here's the thing. Red Lightning loses basically a squash, and then gets a post-match beatdown plus his win was cheap as hell. At least TRY and make us believe this guy can do something. Lots of good things in the match though, like the Coffey brothers looking fantastic, Saqib Ali making his debut and instantly having the audience lap up his act, Carmel and Kay Lee Ray putting their differences aside to try and outdo the Gold Label. Chris Renfrew going cane happy. Johnny Starr getting launched over the top rope and into the crowd. The Bucky Boys getting HUGE face heat, and STI getting equal amount of heat in boos. It was a top drawer match.

Probably their best show yet.

I was there last night...

Isn't that the beauty of the Red Lightning character? He always seems to find a way to come out on top. Christ. He aligned himself in a faction with the top 3 guys in scotland for a long time, masking himself. Lionhearts had enough, how long before Scott and Wolfgang suffer the same fate? Its like he has used them to get what he wants. And is slowly getting it.

Red Lightning got heat over Lionheart in the middle of the match, and near the beginning. it wasn't really that much of a squash?

That asied, i am very intrigued to see where this is going and let's be hoenst. Scotland needs something fresh at the top and this looks like this could be the beginning of it!

Also for the record. The BT Gunn/James Scott encounter, you will never see anything like that in the world this year. Absolutely world class.

Although I personally am unsure of where they will go once the Gold Label story completely ends. That was the main thing that drew alot of people back to these shows and the main thing which has produced so many moments. Can Ligthning as champ keep the train rolling? I think we're all in for a bit of a surprise on that front...

Edited by WestEndJag

He's talking about the PPVs, Sergio. They were also on 1 hour delay which was pish.

That all stemmed from the 2000 Royal Rumble which was the first one that Channel 4 showed live. The Channel 4 executives must have shat it when the PPV featured an incredibly violent street fight between Cactus Jack and HHH as well as Mae Young getting her tits out. :lol:

I think the low point of Channel 4's WWF coverage was in the 2001 Rumble when they cut to adverts as the Big Show was making his first appearance in ages.

From PWInsider:

A number of WWE sources believe that we've seen the last of Evan Bourne in the company following his second WWE Wellness suspension but no final decision has been made yet.I am told the latest suspension was for something completely unrelated to the first.

Can't do it before Smackdown on Friday...

You can do it on Wed as SD has been aired in States? - I don't think anyone on here will mind any announced matches from SD being revealed on here. Couple of matches have already been confirmed and doubt there will be any more announced anyway.

Hopefully there will again be points for shortest/longest/most eliminations/number 30 slot etc like previous years :)