The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

You can do it on Wed as SD has been aired in States? - I don't think anyone on here will mind any announced matches from SD being revealed on here. Couple of matches have already been confirmed and doubt there will be any more announced anyway.

Hopefully there will again be points for shortest/longest/most eliminations/number 30 slot etc like previous years :)

Does it not air on Fridays in the States, hence why it's Friday Night Smackdown? I will do it as soon as I see a confirmed card.

Yeah, I'll be doing the same thing. I won't be doing TNA this year though, not enough interest to merit me doing it again.

Does it not air on Fridays in the States, hence why it's Friday Night Smackdown? I will do it as soon as I see a confirmed card.

Yeah, I'll be doing the same thing. I won't be doing TNA this year though, not enough interest to merit me doing it again.

It is filmed on a Tues night so reults and confirmed card will be available from Wed morning - as I said I doubt it will be any different to the current card (3 matches + rumble match) - perhaps one more match will be added

It is filmed on a Tues night so reults and confirmed card will be available from Wed morning - as I said I doubt it will be any different to the current card (3 matches + rumble match) - perhaps one more match will be added

I'll have a look on the sites on Wednesday then. Depending on how tonight goes, there might be a US title rematch in addition to the two world title matches and the Cena/Kane one.

Isn't that the beauty of the Red Lightning character? He always seems to find a way to come out on top. Christ. He aligned himself in a faction with the top 3 guys in scotland for a long time, masking himself. Lionhearts had enough, how long before Scott and Wolfgang suffer the same fate? Its like he has used them to get what he wants. And is slowly getting it

Lionheart's departure was more of a crisis of conscience thing though. James Scott especially appears to revel in being a c**t, while Wolfgang just wants to smash folk. I think there'll be a new member of the Label soon anyways.

Red Lightning got heat over Lionheart in the middle of the match, and near the beginning. it wasn't really that much of a squash?

It was really emphatic though. It was one of them modern squashes that JoMo was getting hit with before he eventually left.

I see your point on Lightning and it crossed my mind, but I'm not sure how well a Honky Tonk character would work in the main event. If ANYONE can work it, I suppose Lightning can. It'd just be nice if they made it look like he had more.

They toyed with Lightning in the main event before, and he almost won the title from BT Gunn that time. That match is still my favourite ICW match ever. I'll need to give last night's title match a rewatch before deciding where that lands. The title match was just ridiculously good though. The pop when BT Gunn won was amazing. I was hugging and high fiving everyone around. I don't think they'll put the title on Red Lightning so soon after ending James Scott's big heel reign. I think BT Gunn will hold onto the belt for a while.

Up until recently I've drifted in and out of watching WWE but how long has this 'big superstar starting the show with a speech' thing been going on? Has it always been like this? I'm not complaining, like.

Up until recently I've drifted in and out of watching WWE but how long has this 'big superstar starting the show with a speech' thing been going on? Has it always been like this? I'm not complaining, like.

Since the dawn of time? I mean I don't mind a promo opening the show if it's good or relevant, but it is ok to start a show with some wrestling. I mean if the opening segment is shite it tends to set the tone for the rest of it. I actually thought tonights opening was ok because it was two of the best, Punk and Cena, and a guy I'm enjoying just now in Laurinitis.

EDIT:PS Laurinitis is one of my favourite tweeters during RAW,

My link

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Pretty much always. I wish they'd just start with a match every once in a while.

Apparently there will be

a Chris Jericho Highlight Reel

tonight.