The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I agree with this, Teddy Long managing both brands would be worse than Cena defeating The Rock.

Opening credits

Heel comes to the ring - starts stating he deserves a title shot/is better

Face interrupts - starts claiming he is in fact the superior competitor

Teddy Long appears

"Tonights main event - previous Heel v Previous Face"

Repeat ad naseum...

The Rock started badly, but when he got into the concert, that was more like it. Far and away his best performance so far live, and yeah, he beat Cena. Not getting the Cena was shite stuff though. He was pretty good.

On Jericho, there's no such thing as too far if the guys agree for me, so I don't care. What makes it shite is the fact that it's shite.

HBK/Taker segment = shite.

So a poor episode basically book ended by a couple of really good segments.

I didn't see Punk and Jericho's bit, but unless the execution was perfect(and it sounds like it wasn't), I find it a bit Russo-esque and :rolleyes:-worthy. Their promos against each other have been great, and just centred around them fighting over the 'best in the world' moniker.... there's no real need for stuff about Punk's childhood being brought into it completely out of left-field.

I didn't see Punk and Jericho's bit, but unless the execution was perfect(and it sounds like it wasn't), I find it a bit Russo-esque and :rolleyes:-worthy. Their promos against each other have been great, and just centred around them fighting over the 'best in the world' moniker.... there's no real need for stuff about Punk's childhood being brought into it completely out of left-field.

Jericho would've been as well going on the big screen and saying "This feud has died in its arse, here's some last minute desperate attempt to try and generate some heat".

Vince must be gutted that he brought Jericho back, he's been horrific. In fact, he's been the shits for almost a decade now.

Jericho would've been as well going on the big screen and saying "This feud has died in its arse, here's some last minute desperate attempt to try and generate some heat".

Vince must be gutted that he brought Jericho back, he's been horrific. In fact, he's been the shits for almost a decade now.

Yeah, I think it's fucking shite that Jericho's come back and is immediately in the title match for Mania when Ziggler has been fucking excellent in the past three months yet he's probably gonna get put in the 12 man tag, and will probably lose to Teddy Long's team of midcarders.

Should be Punk vs Ziggler at Mania.

Gonna give the Rock concert a rewatch.

Yeah, I think it's fucking shite that Jericho's come back and is immediately in the title match for Mania when Ziggler has been fucking excellent in the past three months yet he's probably gonna get put in the 12 man tag, and will probably lose to Teddy Long's team of midcarders.

Should be Punk vs Ziggler at Mania.

Gonna give the Rock concert a rewatch.

Punk-Ziggler would've made a lot of sense this year given the focus they're putting on Cena-Rock and HHH-Taker. It could have been a great match, simple as that.

Punk-Ziggler would've made a lot of sense this year given the focus they're putting on Cena-Rock and HHH-Taker. It could have been a great match, simple as that.

Yeah, could've made another star by having Ziggler win at Mania, but no they have to throw Jericho another bone dry.gif

Just watched both again from last night. I still think Cena was better. Someone mentioned Cena not rhyming, the only one he didn't rhyme was diva and steamer(if you say it like a Bostonian steama then it sorta does). But The Rock consistently rhymed -ock with rocks which is pretty sloppy(if we're going down that route).

But again, The Rock doesn't really say anything. He mentioned the fruity pebble and the ladyparts again but I still don't know what his beef is with Cena, the way he dresses? Really? The Marky Mark comment was funny though. Cena at least brings some new comments to the feud (I don't think he's mentioned the surgery on Rock's tits before and the Tooth Fairy chant from last week). Rock is just reusing old material and it's pretty stale.

When he first came in, he was boring as f**k, so they pushed him in a way that better choices would have looked amazing in. He looked shite. These days, after constant plying his trade on Superstars, he has looked much better. His mic work is still ridiculous thanks to the "promo voice" he does. He certainly has some character about him though. If he got the same push now as he got then, he'd make a much better go at it.