The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Bert Raccoon, on 20 Nov 2013 - 18:56, said:

A hell of a lot of people mightly pissed off on the Facebook event page. Quite rightly so IMO, they've obviously either pre planned to rip people off or they've mis-calculated their costs (perhaps assuming all events would sell out?) and are now trying to recoup some money. Utter dicks no matter what the reason is.

Pretty sure this is a usual thing with wrestlers. Bret Hart is another that's meant to be pretty bad for it, although nowhere near as shocking as this. Jim Ross too, although if you buy his sauces I'm pretty sure he throws in a baseball type card of him with his autograph thrown in if you buy the relevant package.

Pretty sure this is a usual thing with wrestlers. Bret Hart is another that's meant to be pretty bad for it, although nowhere near as shocking as this. Jim Ross too, although if you buy his sauces I'm pretty sure he throws in a baseball type card of him with his autograph thrown in if you buy the relevant package.

At least with other meet and greets the charges are clearly advertised. This was just a shambles.

At least with other meet and greets the charges are clearly advertised. This was just a shambles.

Yeah I wouldn't have been too bothered if they advertised this beforehand, but then the T&C's have been changed today and the prices only got announced yesterday daytime after weeks of asking. Quite annoyed now looking back as one of the things I was most excited about was a picture with Scott Hall.

I'm not hugely fussed about a full refund but they certainly should be giving some money back considering everyone didn't get what they paid for.

The original terms and conditions said that we would get a photo and two autographs and the costs of it wasn't advertised until on the day, and they have now changed their terms and conditions on it. According to folk they have broke trading standards so I'll happily take the refund.

Triple H is still interested in him.

I don't see what they see in Eddie Edwards really. He's like Cesaro in that he's terrific in the ring, but has zero charisma. Richards needs a LOT of work, but he has a natural intensity that could work.

Am I the only one that sees HHH's point about having too many 'indie' guys on the roster?

Given in most cases he's the one that brings them in, I'd say 1) he only has himself to blame or 2) he wasn't being entirely serious.

• 4 weeks later...

After a bit of help lads - I need to do a persuasive for English and rather than do the usual topics (independence, abortion etc) I want to be a bit inventive and do a WWE essay. So I'm looking for a topic to write a persuasive essay that would be around 1,000 words.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Killiesquirrel

After a bit of help lads - I need to do a persuasive for English and rather than do the usual topics (independence, abortion etc) I want to be a bit inventive and do a WWE essay. So I'm looking for a topic to write a persuasive essay that would be around 1,000 words.

Any suggestions?

Why burying Daniel Bryan is good for business.