The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

John Cena is gonna take a break to heal the injuries he's had for yonks I reckon. He's been wrestling injured for far too long. A wee break is on the cards for him, so I believe he's offski for a while.

I'm seconding the love for HHH/Brock as well.

As for Brock looking weak from the finish, they could have had Cena win with a fingerpoke of doom and it still wouldn't have undone the insane work from before that point, as Brock has never EVER looked that good in WWE. In one night, WWE have created a fucking machine. Cena needed brass knux and his finisher on the steps. Might only have been two moves, but it was two MASSIVE moves.

If Cena does take a time out it'll probably be just that, no movies. I mean the guy has worked solidly pretty much for 10 years. Someone on here yesterday said he's away to film the new Marine. But he hasn't been confirmed for the role. Orton had it and was punted. I think Punk, Cody and JTG(blink.gif) are being considered.

I'd rather Brock's limited appearances be used in other ways, but only if he's going to actually wrestle. This MMA-style can get to f**k. I don't want to see MMA when I turn on WWE programming.

Nonsense. This MMA style has probably made him a top heel again. The dangerous thing about it is that he can wrestle basically the exact same way in a normal match, which makes him dangerous as hell.

I heard that they were lining Brock up for a feud with Randy Orton.

And, I'm very much looking forward to tonight's Raw. I'm sure a few of he loose ends from last night will be tied up.

Agree with the posters above that say Cena is taking a break. Marine 3 and recuperation are both justifiable reasons I'd say, alhough I'm sure the storyline will be 'fractured skull' or 'broken arm' at the hands of Lesnar.

Nonsense. This MMA style has probably made him a top heel again. The dangerous thing about it is that he can wrestle basically the exact same way in a normal match, which makes him dangerous as hell.

The MMA stuff put me off the match last night. I like MMA, but just let the wrestle.

Brock vs Punk?

The MMA stuff put me off the match last night. I like MMA, but just let the wrestle.

Depends if it works in the context of the match for me. Joe and Angle did a horrendous job at Lockdown a couple of years back.

In the instance of last night, it was a case of a guy doing what he does best, and Cena having absolutely no idea how to deal with it. Which wound up as Cena needing to basically get a fluke shot in there to even have a chance. It can work if it's done right. It just hasn't been untill now.

Anyways, I've got a MOTY list going. Gonna keep it at 20 when it gets there. Looks something like this right now...

1. Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena - WWE Extreme Rules

2. Six Man Tag - DG:USA Mercury Rising 2011

3. Michael Elgin vs. Davey Richards - ROH Showdown in the Sun Night Two

4. BT Gunn vs. James Scott - ICW Square Go

5. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico, Last Man Standing Match - ROH Showdown in the Sun Night One

6. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan, 2/3 Falls Match - WWE Extreme Rules

7. The Undertaker vs. Triple H, Hell in a Cell Match - WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII

8. Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy - TNA Lockdown

9. Noam Dar vs. Andy Wild - ICW Smells Like Teen Spirit

10. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Akira Tozawa - Dragon Gate USA : Open the Ultimate Gate

11. El Generico, PAC and Masato Yoshinno vs. Kevin Steen, Super Dragon and Akira Tozawa - PWG Kurt RussellReunion III

12. Kid Fite vs. Wolfgang vs. Lionheart - ICW Smells Like Teen Spirit

I'm not talking about in the storyline or anything, I'm talking about trying to enjoy the match. I don't watch MMA, I don't want to watch MMA, I want to see wrestling. If I wanted to see MMA then I would watch actual promotions that promote it, not WWE.

They could've had a good wrestling match(assuming Lesnar could go) but they decided to have a brawl, which was shit.

I heard that they were lining Brock up for a feud with Randy Orton.

Summerslam is what I'm hearing