The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

tumblr_mcm5xelNHt1r0uepho1_400.gif

He was one of the top 10 highest grossing actors in the world last year, and he's in the top 5 highest paid actors in the world in 2012. He's DEFINITELY a massive A-List movie star.

Going on a two bit reality show with Trinny, Susannah and Brian Conley. Sounds A-list to me.

Going on a two bit reality show with Trinny, Susannah and Brian Conley. Sounds A-list to me.

Al Pacino's probably eaten in a MacDonald's or Burger King before, not exactly A-list food, but doesn't stop him being an A-List movie star.

It would be a massive coup for the programme, he's no doubt be paid a fortune and it would raise his profile over here even higher while getting to do something out of the ordinary. Would be a win-win for everyone. Very unlikely to happen though I'd imagine.

He was one of the top 10 highest grossing actors in the world last year, and he's in the top 5 highest paid actors in the world in 2012. He's DEFINITELY a massive A-List movie star.

Seriously? He did Fast and Furious (5?) in 2011 and Journey 2: the Mystery Island this year. That's it.

I'm not doubting the last part, he is a massive star. He's got a shit tonne coming up with GI Joe, Fast and Furious 6, the third Journey and a few others.

Seriously? He did Fast and Furious (5?) in 2011 and Journey 2: the Mystery Island this year. That's it.

I'm not doubting the last part, he is a massive star. He's got a shit tonne coming up with GI Joe, Fast and Furious 6, the third Journey and a few others.

Yeah, number 8 according to the Forbes list (Daniel Radcliffe, Shia LeBouef and Johnny Depp were the top 3) for 2011, likely helped by the fact that Fast and Furious 5 did an absolute shit tonne at the box office, which I'd imagine his inclusion definitely added to.

Yeah, number 8 according to the Forbes list (Daniel Radcliffe, Shia LeBouef and Johnny Depp were the top 3) for 2011, likely helped by the fact that Fast and Furious 5 did an absolute shit tonne at the box office, which I'd imagine his inclusion definitely added to.

There was a wee bit in FSM not too long ago about how much not only Fast 5 grossed, but also Journey 2: Mystery Island. The fact that he was pretty much the star of Journey 2 and it grossed so much (over $270m worldwide) shows just how much star power he has.

And he beat that c**t Cena!

I suppose most of the big movie stars only need to do one film a year so that's all it takes to make you among the top guys.

You (and DA) are right though, both of those he did last and this year did ridiculous amounts.

Going on a show like I'm a Celebrity would surely damage his credibility though? When Fast 6, GI Joe etc are released in the UK, all the publicity would be "remember that time he ate donkey bollocks with Dave Benson Phillips?"

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

Going on a show like I'm a Celebrity would surely damage his credibility though? When Fast 6, GI Joe etc are released in the UK, all the publicity would be "remember that time he ate donkey bollocks with Dave Benson Phillips?"

Dunno. If he Rock bottoms David Haye into a pile of monkey shit then I'll go and see anything he's in for eternity.

Damage his credibility? He's a wrestler. Not sure that can really be an issue anymore.

And he was in the Tooth Fairy. And Walking Tall. And Race to Witch Mountain. And Get Smart. And The Mummy Returns. And Doom. And Be Cool...

He was pretty hilarious, but it wasn't exactly the most dignified role :lol:

Actual tears when he licks his finger, prods his ass, says "tsss, SCORCHING!" and then smacks his ass.

Plenty of people do undignified roles, as long as he's entertaining in it then that's all you can ask.