The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Right, ICW is a week tonight. It's a big card. ICW are now off of iPPV, so there's no "big show/wee show" divide, but this show does look like a big 'un thanks to some really interesting matches. Anyways, long preview of the big show next week...

ICW Championship

Red Lightning © vs. Chris Renfrew

Not sure that I buy Renfrew as a champion quite yet. He's been involved in big stuff, but since then wound up in the midcard fueding with Christopher and his entourage. I'd like to see him as the chaser for the gold now, and possibly win the title somewhere down the line. There's some really good potential for a cracking fued there, and Lightning needs a protagonist just now. Red Lightning has taken to his role with gusto, and riles the crowds like no other in ICW. His ways finding the way out of halls with his belt are getting more outlandish. Will we see something even moreso next time? I reckon we'll see something horrendous anyways, and Renfrew will be PISSED. The match itself... not sure. Renfrew and Lightning are capable of it. Renfrew will try and turn it into a brawl. If they go classic rules, I can see some crazy shenanigans taking place. Lightning will retain the title by hook or by crook.

ICW Tag Team Championships

Ladder Match

The Bucky Boys vs. The STI

They have a lot to live up to thanks to their first match. Their follow ups have been good, but not up to the mental level of that first scorcher last summer. Now with the ladder added, there will be more expectation than ever before. I don't envy them one bit. They will have to put on something insane to meet what the fans want. There are guys in that match who will bump crazier than ever in order to make that happen though, and I'm wondering if they might just do it. It's the match on the card that stands out to me as the "must see" on there. The prediction for me is for The STI to win and the Bucky Boys to chase them and win in the future. Possibly at the big Wrestlemania show next year. I don't know. It seems to be foregone conclusion that the belts belong to the Bucky Boys though. I don't see it that way.

ICW Zero G Championship

Andy Wild © vs. Jimmy Havoc

This will be very different to any match that Jimmy Havoc has had to date in ICW. Either that, or very different to any match that Wild has had. It's more likely to be the former, as I can see this being the time when Havoc's wrestling skills comes to the fore. He's shown them elsewhere and this is the match where he can show off to us ICW mentals. He won't find a better opponent than Andy Wild for that sort of thing. He's been amazing in ICW for the last 12 months, putting on some scorchers against a range of opponents. He's not been in a proper brawl yet though, and that's what this one becomes if Jimmy Havoc turns this into his own kind of match. I can see this being a contender for the sleeper match of the night. Prediction? This is going to be a showcase for what Havoc is capable of, but it'll be a very competitive successful defence for Andy Wild.

Special Attraction Main Event

Prince Devitt vs. Wolfgang

The match that they have been promoting as THEE match on this show. It's confirmed that this will, infact, be the main event of the show, and what a main event it is. Wolfgang has been brilliant as the monster of ICW, throwing folk about and generally being a mental. Prince Devitt is the two time IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion, six time IWGP Jr. Tag Team Champion, 2010 NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Champion and is generally seen from people all over as one of the very best in the world, and he makes his debut for ICW on this show. I can't see past him winning as NJPW don't like their guys losing on a show, but then again, with it being the main event, I'm getting this feeling that Wolfgang is gonna take it and send the crowd mental. I'm still gonna predict Wolfgang in an absolute corker.

James Scott vs. Grado

Grado comes off of his title match and comes up against the second most hated man in ICW. That should help to keep him over with the fans. James Scott is just amazing. He does all of the little things perfectly. Grado isn't exactly your classic wrestler, so don't expect a great match from this one, but it has the potential to be one of the most entertaining matches on the card. Prediction? James Scott.

Mikey Whiplash vs. Lionheart II

The first match between these two is one of the best matches in ICW's history. The drama of it was off the charts as both men pulled out all of the stops, and the run ins came at the right time and the fans were nuclear for everything. So we come to a second match, and once again on this card, the expectations might be a little high. I won't be expecting them to pull off a repeat of their first match, because that kind of thing is a one in a million, but I have no doubt that they're capable of something amazing on this card. Whiplash always provides us with greatness of a different sort, and Lionheart adds a "big match feel" to everything he does. Prediction for the match winner goes to Whiplash, for a potential rubber match.

Fight Club vs. The Visage

I can't see past Fight Club winning here. The Visage weren't even a fixture on the last show so you have to wonder what the future holds for them.

The show looks amazing.

This is too funny not to postlaugh.gif

TMZ has an article up on former WWE star and UFC vet Ken Shamrock. Shamrock is accused of assaulting a woman that he thought was a man.

Shamrock allegedly assaulted the woman while trying to break up a fight at a mall in California. He says he thought the woman was a man and backed off once he realized it was a woman.

Shamrock allegedly slammed a bystander who jumped in and put him in a hold on the ground. Shamrock was then informed by another bystander that the person he just knocked out was a woman. Police filed a batter report against Shamrock but charged will likely be dismissed because he believed he was acting in self defense.

puke.gif

162chyna_art.jpg

LOS ANGELES – (August 27, 2012) – Vivid Entertainment will release "Chyna is Queen of the Ring" an adult parody of professional wrestling, starring former champion Chyna on vivid.com on September 4, 2012 an in stores nationwide on September 12, 2012.

Throughout her amazing pro-wrestling career, Chyna was never shy about her opinions. In "Queen of the Ring" she lets loose in this hard core movie that parodies such icons of the sport as Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Iron Sheik, Doink, John Cena, Gene Okerlund, Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon.

"This movie made me feel sexy and wanted," said Chyna. "I was glad it was a long shoot because I was totally turned on and having so much fun laughing a lot with the guys. I think adult movie fans will go crazy over it!"

"I used to dream about being a movie star. I didn't expect to be making adult movies because I felt insecure compared to all the beautiful women in the industry. Vivid has given me a life changing opportunity to be glamorous and sensual and I'm delighted with it."I want my fans to know that I'm better than ever," said Chyna. I've been wanting to make this particular parody for a long time. Of course, I know every player who is parodied and it was great to 'spar' with them again, but this time it was really hot on my new sexual turf.

"The cast of "Queen of the Ring" includes Lisa Ann as Stephanie McMahon, Valerie Kay as Ring Girl, Ron Jeremy as himself, Alex Sanders as Ric Flair, Anthony Hardwood as Triple H, Cyrus King as Stone Cold Steve Austin, Evan Stone as Vince McMahon, Marco Banderas as Iron Sheik, Ralph Long as Doink, Sledge Hammer as The Rock, TJ Cummings as John Cena and Tommy Pistol as Gene Okerlund.DISCLAIMER: "Chyna is QUEEN of the RING" IS A XXX PARODY MOVIE. The parody movie is not sponsored, endorsed by, or approved by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., the performers parodied in the movie or any person or entity associated with any of them.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

According to NO DQ, Flair and Matt Morgan could be close to a WWE return. Not sure how Flair will cope with not being able to blade on every taping.

Flair would likely be in a backstage role I'd imagine. He's definitely going to come back at some point.

Morgan would be a great fit for the current WWE - a decent worker, cuts a decent promo, but is just dull as f**k.

Making my next trip to Preston in November to see Angelina Love. PHWOAR!!!

Well, it's actually because it's the next available time for me. But that's a bonus.

Angelina Love is far, far too skinny now. It'd be like shagging a xylophone with a huge pair of fake tits.

This page is the single greatest idea of all time: http://www.facebook.com/FlairHangover

Imagine it. I'd cream.

I rread on twitter he wants to be in an Irn Bru advert. Could be epic.

Nah, Greg Hempill replied to the tweet above saying that if he said he liked Still Game then he'd make a call to Irn Bru.

Roddy replied to that one and said he did like Still Game though! (he also said he didn't need paid for saying that). Surprised he's heard of it tbh!

Just listened to the latest Roddy Piper podcast which was done from Scotland and they are joined with a whole bunch of wrestlers from SEW I think it was?? Not sure if anyone has knows of this promotion? Ted Dibiase is the president of it and is also on podcast.

Don't know much about it but I nipped into Tesco after a game of football this time last year and bumped into Dibiase and Tatanka selling autographs.

Just listened to the latest Roddy Piper podcast which was done from Scotland and they are joined with a whole bunch of wrestlers from SEW I think it was?? Not sure if anyone has knows of this promotion? Ted Dibiase is the president of it and is also on podcast.

SWE.

I've heard mixed reports, but they had those names, Chavo and Tatanka, so even if the homegrown is mung, you're bound to get some fun. Plus they did have some good guys on there with their own.