The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Agreed. WWE simply won't let him wrestle for them again, and they are absolutely correct to do so, especially given the lawsuits piling up against them filed by former talent.

It's a shame he had to retire, as he was fucking brilliant (I've been watching a lot of his stuff on the Network as they have a 'Daniel Bryan's Greatest Moments' programme), but for his own good he needs to stay retired.

Going back to what I was saying about the standard of wrestling this year. ICW finally hit the "great match" list with two on the Square Go ( Seven vs. Wolfgang being especially amazing ) which went on demand on Monday, the 205 main event and three truly amazing matches this morning in NJPW. Basically averaging at a match per day being available to folk. And before this week it was already seeming like a real standout year.

I can't remember watching that much good wrestling at this point. I've got a MOTY list going, and if the top 10 stayed the same, I'd be happy enough. We're not even two weeks into February.

34 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Unsurprising number of "it's still real to me dammits" in the comments there.  He's an absolute dream for WWE - unlikely to injure people or get injured himself, a heel that people are actually going to hate, and by all accounts a very decent guy out of the ring.  He really deserves something big this year.

He deserved something big when he got it as well, and they absolutely blew it with him, making a non-wrestler look amazing with him, have him cut really stupid promos ( after cutting some stoaters right before and right after he won the belt ), and then overbook badly the Mania main event he was in. Then folk wondered why he seemed disinterested. He must have wondered whatelse he had to do to be taken seriously there.

Wonder what his next few months hold.  Looks like he's the only one coming out of that match without a direction.  I can see them doing Cena vs Styles again, and I refuse to believe the Miz/Cena/Bella/Maryse rumours.  Ambrose and Corbin are pairing off and obviously Wyatt and Orton.  Where does that leave Miz?  Andre Invitational?

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Wonder what his next few months hold.  Looks like he's the only one coming out of that match without a direction.  I can see them doing Cena vs Styles again, and I refuse to believe the Miz/Cena/Bella/Maryse rumours.  Ambrose and Corbin are pairing off and obviously Wyatt and Orton.  Where does that leave Miz?  Andre Invitational?

Maryse has certainly been roped into the Nikki Bella/Natalya feud so something is happening in that regard. I'd be fine with them doing that match on SmackDown or even a PPV, but Cena should only be working big/dream matches at Mania these days. 

42 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Rosa Mendes finally announces her retirement. Wonder if she'll get a mention on Raw.

Can anyone name a good Rosa Mendes match? She's been there 10 years and I can't. Frustrating given the amount of female talent released/wasted. 

6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Can anyone name a good Rosa Mendes match? She's been there 10 years and I can't. Frustrating given the amount of female talent released/wasted. 

I only really remember her dancing or getting her arse exposed. Or when she showed up at WrestleMania blonde and I had no idea who it was. She was also annoying as fuck on Total Divas. 

In summary, what a great career.