The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Sorry for the ignorant question here but are the two events in Dundee connected? Is it rival companies, using each other?

I flicked back a few pages but couldn't work out the set-up.

No the other one is in a gym hall in Ardler. Less than a mile between the two destinations and that place has attracted a few big names over the year but it's a separate event.

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Mysterio to win. Galloway to attack.

Aye I was thinking Drew might heel it up. Aside from in WhatCulture, he's heel everywhere else (I think; off the top of my head he's heel in ICW, TNA and Evolve).

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Drew is one of the top few wrestlers in the world just now. Defies belief for me that he's not tearing it up in the WWE.

Agreed. I think though that it has to happen this year or next. He's clearly open to it as well if his interviews are anything to go by

I don't really follow the UK wrestling but tonight I stumbled accross what culture live event on YouTube and some Pacitti guy got put through a table by Bubba Ray. Is he the same guy that Ludo says was in Dundee? Is this the same event I'm assuming if both are live?

Also are what culture, icw and dominant the 3 biggest independant in the UK? And where are they in terms of biggest independant outside of WWE? I assume TNA, ROH and NJ are the biggest rivals?

I'd say PROGRESS is bigger than WCPW at the moment. All four are big indys no matter where in the world you look. TNA aren't a rival. Their live shows simply don't draw. I'd imagine there's a shitload of unheard of indys that do pretty well tbh.

EDIT: Hard to judge Dominant against others as they rarely do shows. This upcoming tournament will be the real test.

Edited by Randy Giles

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

I don't really follow the UK wrestling but tonight I stumbled accross what culture live event on YouTube and some Pacitti guy got put through a table by Bubba Ray. Is he the same guy that Ludo says was in Dundee? Is this the same event I'm assuming if both are live?

Also are what culture, icw and dominant the 3 biggest independant in the UK? And where are they in terms of biggest independant outside of WWE? I assume TNA, ROH and NJ are the biggest rivals?

The Bully Ray/Pacitti table spot wasn't live tonight it was from their weekly show 'Loaded' from last week, and filmed before that even.