The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

On 16/02/2017 at 09:19, NotThePars said:

Fair play didn't realise Kendall Jenner was a WCW head. IMG_1487236763.659955.jpg

They have stylists to decide these things for them, like a few years back where wearing tees for eighties metal bands was 'in' despite the celebs clearly not having a clue about the music.

8 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Saw someone say that the confusion comes from her Scottish accent. I don't know any accent in the world that an m would turn into an f. The situation really is quite embarrassing.

Agreed, Big Damo clearly not a happy bunny either.

Preston City Wrestling was due to have Pete Dunne vs. Pentagon Dark which was going to be fucking immense. Pete Dunne pulled out because of comments the promoter said. Basically some folk don't like that the Kris Travis Memorial Tourney isn't donating their money to charity ( I have no problem with that fwiw ) and they decided to respond by saying "we've earned the right to do our own thing now" which was probably the comment that caused the pull out.

So that's all well and good. They get Marty Scurll as a replacement. I'm delighted about that because it looks every bit as good as the advertised match. Except very soon after that, Marty Scurll realised it's an afternoon show and not an evening, and thus can't attend.

So it's been interesting stuff so far.

On 20/02/2017 at 21:06, The Naitch said:

The New Day have been confirmed as hosts of Wrestlemania. Not sure what to think of that.

Presumably it means they're going to have to do an awkward skit with Hogan...

On 2/19/2017 at 12:54, Allan Jacobsen said:

On one hand, this one makes no sense because it's well known that, along with big men, Vince has a raging hard-on for people who stand up for themselves - particularly to him. On the other hand, it was Cena complaining. It was allegedly him and Orton that went gurning to Vince and got Kennedy fired.

On 2/19/2017 at 12:58, Randy Giles said:

Kennedy played his own part in that tbh. And it was more than him and Orton. He managed to piss off Taker and HBK for the same reasons. He was blatantly unsafe to the point most folk didn't want to work with him.

Just watching this interview with Kennedy and it seems it was Cena, HBK and HHH who had problems with him. He said Taker was one of the guys who encouraged his style but warned that it could eventually lead to someone on the receiving end taking a sore one.

Beth Phoenix is the latest inductee into the Hall of Fame:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2017/article/beth-phoenix-wwe-hall-of-fame-class-2017?sf58979675=1

Kelly Kelly also says she will be at Wrestlemania and fancies an in-ring return. Think that's the last thing the 'women's revolution' needs TBH.

http://www.skysports.com/wwe/news/14203/10783942/wwe-kelly-kelly-confirms-she-will-be-at-wrestlemania-33-in-orlando

Edited by airdrieman

A guy who knew his gimmick and played it perfectly. Not a great wrestler by any means but he understood it more than most. A man who deserves to be called a legend.
RIP

On the Jim Cornette show I learned two things:

1 - The comedy aspect of his persona was a Vince creation, apparently in the 70s the Animal was an all out evil heel.

2 - The man who played the role was a schoolteacher who kept his wrestling a secret for years and, when called out on his likeness to George Steele, would just laugh and say "not me, I get that all the time".