The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

As soon as the guy started attacking everyone I lost any sympathy I had for him. Completely unprofessional by all involved. 

The whole countered with another design thing isn't relevant as it doesn't address the issue of the original shirt. Basically ignoring the racist shirt and saying try my design instead, which they were never likely to go for.

"WWE doesn't care about black people" couldn't be more wrong right now as well.

2 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Going by his tweets, he's a coward. The guy has had several opportunities to challenge WWE on the design throughout the creation process and chose not to do so. Now that it's out in the open he finally talks and does so to get the fans to challenge on his behalf. No surprise if he's using this to his advantage to get out. There's no other end game here.... He's not going to get new merch out of it because we'll never see the guy on TV again after this.

Yeah WWE are racists, everyone knows that. But if you pussyfoot around it and approve racist designs, you can hardly kick up a fuss when you did nothing about it.

"When I originally saw the design I was uncomfortable. Rather than addressing the issue" tells you all you need to know.

13 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

As soon as the guy started attacking everyone I lost any sympathy I had for him. Completely unprofessional by all involved. 

The whole countered with another design thing isn't relevant as it doesn't address the issue of the original shirt. Basically ignoring the racist shirt and saying try my design instead, which they were never likely to go for.

Yeah mate, it's definitely the victim who's at fault here. 

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Yeah mate, it's definitely the victim who's at fault here. 

The same victim that's calling people an Uncle Tom? Very classy and great for his movement. #ForTheCulture

If that shirt was put out to the world and he hadn't said anything about it, I'm not convinced anyone would even take notice of it being potentially racist. Literally every superstar has a black shirt with a shitty logo or print on it and that's probably why WWE never clicked on to it either. 

WWE should've been more careful with their designs. WWE shouldn't have (allegedly) lied to him. Jordan Myles should've challenged the original shirt and explained to them why it made him uncomfortable and was deemed offensive. Jordan Myles shouldn't have tried to cause a shit storm for himself, WWE, ROH, Jay Lethal and whoever else he tried to throw under the bus. 

Several wrongs don't make a right. let's be clear here, a t-shirt itself cannot be racist as it's a fucking inanimate object. However there can be racial intent by whoever came up with the design. That would need to established. If the person that designed it can't see the problem with the design, you have to tell them. 

40 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Eh? Suggesting a different design is completely relevant. I had a go at explaining why he might not have wanted to rock the boat at the time.

What should his reaction to this plainly racist t-shirt have been?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Eh? Suggesting a different design is completely relevant. I had a go at explaining why he might not have wanted to rock the boat at the time.

What should his reaction to this plainly racist t-shirt have been?

All you have to do is say "Thanks for the idea, however take a closer look at the design, there's potential for racial connotations to be taken from this. I've also taken a bit of time to create one myself, let me know what you think. More than happy to sit down and come up with one together that benefits both parties."

And dealing with HHH should've been approached the exact same way. I'm sure he'd be understanding if you explained the issue to him. 

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

All you have to do is say "Thanks for the idea, however take a closer look at the design, there's potential for racial connotations to be taken from this. I've also taken a bit of time to create one myself, let me know what you think. More than happy to sit down and come up with one together that benefits both parties."

And dealing with HHH should've been approached the exact same way. I'm sure he'd be understanding if you explained the issue to him. 

But what if he felt like he didn't want to be seen as a troublemaker? Like I said, you hear stories all the time of the stupid politics that go on there and it's a place that has had its share of racist nonsense over the years, be it overt or 'unconscious'.

Maybe if he did as you said it would have worked out fine. No idea. But maybe he would be seen as acting like a big shot and they'd bury him to 'teach him a lesson'. No idea on that either. 

Reading between the lines it seems like he didn't feel he could have approached it in the way you suggest.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

But what if he felt like he didn't want to be seen as a troublemaker? Like I said, you hear stories all the time of the stupid politics that go on there and it's a place that has had its share of racist nonsense over the years, be it overt or 'unconscious'.

Maybe if he did as you said it would have worked out fine. No idea. But maybe he would be seen as acting like a big shot and they'd bury him to 'teach him a lesson'. No idea on that either. 

Reading between the lines it seems like he didn't feel he could have approached it in the way you suggest.

In any workplace if you feel you can't talk to the managers or bosses, then it's probably not the place for you. He won't be the first or last to have an issue with merch or whatever else they're trying to create/sell. Perhaps try reaching out to your other colleagues first. Get their opinions on the product, explain your feelings and ask them who is best to approach this with and how to go about it. There are literally thousands of WWE employees, someone will listen. You don't bottle it all up and explode on Twitter after the fact.

If he was worried about being a troublemaker, he certainly wouldn't be doing what he's doing right now that's for sure.

I'd want to see his replies to the e-mails he showed. If he's brought up the fact it could be seen as blackface in any way, then WWE are fucked. However if that's not been approached at all, then WWE are just a little blind and of course wouldn't want to change the design if they don't see/know there's anything wrong with it.

Mental situation that absolutely shouldn't have come to this. I feel embarrassed for all involved.

3 hours ago, Andrew Wells said:

Still with the victim blaming :lol:

You're genuinely such a vile c**t. Just f**k off you racist sympathising shit.

You're a serious moron if you think WWE have intentionally made a racist shirt for one of their performers. Almost all shirts are black. They've made something shit to stick on it in 5 minutes flat so they can cheaply mass produce. They were never properly challenged on it, they clearly haven't seen an issue with it as it's just their usual black shirt.... 

The shirt was unintentional/coincidental and should have been handled behind closed doors. Instead it's being used as a device to disgustingly attack other individuals.

Just to be clear, as you're somehow not understanding the situation here. There are no victims, just two sides of arseholes that have failed to effectively communicate. And if Jordan Myles was looking to be the victim, he immediately gave that up minutes later when he called Jay Lethal an Uncle Tom. Which is as bad as it gets really, he's turned into the racist in this angle. Spectacular fall from grace.

If you're trying to claim I'm all sorts of vile, c**t, racist etc. That says more bout you than me tbh. I just see two sides to every story and it's never as clear cut as it's being presented. Shame, not many on here like you and I actually thought you were alright.

It's a total clusterfuck of a situation. The lack of insight from WWE is staggering and it's a horrendous image. The asertation that it, was a "rolling stones" set of lips is utter bollocks. ACH has been brave to state his anger about it as it will absolutely halt any future career he has with them. I know people have chinned him about the timeline and WWE even claimed that he was well aware of the image but I can only imagine the pressure he must have felt to "toe the line" given this is his first truly massive break. He has clearly decided (correctly IMO) to go "all in" on calling their bullshit, which is commendable. Where he has let himself down badly is with the "uncle Tom" stuff. You don't do something as valuable as all the #fortheculture stuff of the last 72 hrs then hit out with that. What a mess.