The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Nakamura-Rollins should be great tonight. 

I know it's a cliche that wrestlers are generally scumbags and absolute dickheads, but over the past few year it's really put me off Rollins. He was my absolute favourite out of The Shield, but meh.

Reigns is a banker to win, they can't go into Mania without him having the strap, surely? Unless they plan for Drew vs Reigns which is the one massive match they've got that's practically begging to be made (I know they did a shite version of this already).

McIntyre has to be a win, because if he's going into Mania off the back of a loss to Sheamus then that's some weird booking.

The Randy Orton vs Alexa is just sheer stupidity and the sooner it's over, the better. I imagine it'll be a quick non-event to further a storyline for Mania. Possibly something ridiculous like Cena coming back from the Wyatt void?! That's giving WWE too much credit, however and still extremely stupid.

No interest in the women's tag match, Riddle or Big E (but that last match should be at least a little fun).

Seems like a complete non-event of a card.

Yeah, the 11pm start sold it for me, so watching along.  It's not rewarded me so far.

Got to say though, surely Big E is on the way to bigger and better things.  There isn't much that WWE would need that he can't do.  He can do the funny side of things, and when he turns it on he can do intense and terrifying.  I'd still have him be the one to unseat Reigns eventually if they can build a proper babyface run for him.

Edited by forameus

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

WWE often appears so completely divorced from the rest of society that I was amazed they even acknowledged the Covid vaccine. Must be because it's the only way they're getting crowds in next month.

I was going to say they needn't worry, as people will buy them anyway, but they're surprisingly not even sold out yet.  Didn't they go on sale Friday?  Maybe people are more cautious than expected, although I guess they'll be taking a big hit given their usual travelling fans won't be there.  

Although, on the other side, a seat in the block closest to the ring for both nights looks like it'll cost you a cool 4 thousand dollarydoos.  f**k sake.  A ticket so far away you may as well be on Sauchiehall Street is just $150 for the two nights.  

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

I was going to say they needn't worry, as people will buy them anyway, but they're surprisingly not even sold out yet.  Didn't they go on sale Friday?  Maybe people are more cautious than expected, although I guess they'll be taking a big hit given their usual travelling fans won't be there.  

Although, on the other side, a seat in the block closest to the ring for both nights looks like it'll cost you a cool 4 thousand dollarydoos.  f**k sake.  A ticket so far away you may as well be on Sauchiehall Street is just $150 for the two nights.  

Had a look there. You're talking like 500 tickets or something tbf. 2 grand for ringside tho hawd me back I've got the dosh.

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Had a look there. You're talking like 500 tickets or something tbf. 2 grand for ringside tho hawd me back I've got the dosh.

I can say that easily given I'm never likely to travel over for a WM.

Get one at Wembley or something though...see you at the front.

Wyatt will likely make it work, he always does, but it's like they've made it their mission to see just what it'll take to destroy him.  They could have given him time to cool off (pun not intended) really work on what the best way to bring him back was.  Nah, baste him and put him under the grill then fucking send him out.  Will we do anything else?  Nah, f**k it.  Just fade out.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

I take it they've absolutely fucked Wyatt again then.

I'll paraphrase.  Orton chases Bliss around the ring and spooky shit happens.  Wyatt appears from under the mat looking like a melted wheely bin by a canal.  All rather anticlimatic.