The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The 1996 to 2000 WCW takeover was far better imo...won the Monday night wars!
Always felt the NWO in WWE was a poor decision

It looked incredible TV. The documentary’s and that are amazing.

My big brother watched wrestling from about 96-01 and in those 20 years he’s not watched he’s not really missed anything.

It looked incredible TV. The documentary’s and that are amazing.

My big brother watched wrestling from about 96-01 and in those 20 years he’s not watched he’s not really missed anything.
For me, and yes everyone has own opinion. But 80 and 90s were pinnacle of wrestling, compelling watch. Its been utter garbage since c.2002.

Seen someone describe him as the most impactful non-World Champion of all time, and think I’d agree with that. Only one that’d really come close would be Davey Boy or Owen.

13 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Seen someone describe him as the most impactful non-World Champion of all time, and think I’d agree with that. Only one that’d really come close would be Davey Boy or Owen.

Roddy Piper by a mile for me.

Hall fits right in beside Owen, Jake Roberts, DiBiase, Regal.

Roddy Piper by a mile for me.
Hall fits right in beside Owen, Jake Roberts, DiBiase, Regal.
I'd agree re. Piper, if it wasn't for Halls demons and alcohol issues he'd have had the strap. Unfortunately Bichoff just couldn't trust hed be able to have a good run without absenteeism.
No idea why Piper never got it, intercontinental but never the big one!

46 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'd agree re. Piper, if it wasn't for Halls demons and alcohol issues he'd have had the strap. Unfortunately Bichoff just couldn't trust hed be able to have a good run without absenteeism.

Think it was explained a few times from a few people that quite simply, he didn't need it. There was no need to elevate him more than he already was. I think Piper was only pinned once or twice in his entire WWF run. He was probably the 2nd or 3rd biggest draw they had in the Rock and Wrestling years behind Hogan and possibly Andre.

Even the IC title run was right at the end of his full-time wrestling career. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Gutted at this. I hated him growing up - because he played the villain so fucking well. It's only when I become an adult and had long stopped watching wrestling that I begun to appreciate the man. 

It's heartbreaking that after overcoming so many years of abuse he's going out like this. 

Rest easy when it comes, Scott. 

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Cos Hulk fucking Hogan.