The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

When WWE is on form its untouchable as is evident by Sunday nights PPV. But......I'd much rather watch a bad episode of iMPACT over a bad episode of RAW.

A bad episodeof iMPACT is hilariously funny to watch. A bad episode of RAW is filled with guest hosts, piss poor comedy segments, divas, Hornswoggle and Santino.

I think what we have here is a load of teenagers to guys in their mid 20's longing for the attitude era all over again.

The whole pg wwe thing is hurting WWE just now. My question is, was this all brought in to conincide with Linda McMahon's run for the senate?

If so, and when she loses, will WWE go back to having an edge(no pun intended)

If you look back at some of the rock and jericho's edgy promo's - there's no beating that!

In my opinion Raw id not getting loaded top heavy to stave off TNA. 0.5 is not competition at all. Tna need to start enticing viewers over by not having matches like RVD vs Hardy, then RVD vs Styles on an Impact. These matches would not have looked out of place at the top end of a Wrestlemania card. Keep putting strong ppv's out, but start building up storylines rather than working from week to week.

If UFC did a weekly live show on a monday night then it's goodnight, I often feel like I've just grown out of wrestling, but every now and again I do enjoy a good PPV, we all know it needs a re-run of the attitude era

That would just be impossible, considering the training they do for each match and the potential recovery time from each fight.

amazing really... they had the better show by miles, I think it would be worth moving back to thursdays

and to show I'm not all one sided, I think TNA just created one of the worst storylines in wrestling history.... Abyss AKA FAT KANE, now owns ric flair and hulk hogans hall of fame rings.... thats gay.... unbelivable! I hate that abyss is getting the spotlight sad.gif 0.5 justifies that

I think that if it continues for much longer then you will be correct. From someone who used to be an absolute monster and to now where the Impact zone doesn't give a sh*t about with all his stupid screaming. "I have power! I have power!" shut up, no one cares.

Interesting to see where Joe goes after destroying everyone in site, last week.

When WWE is on form its untouchable as is evident by Sunday nights PPV. But......I'd much rather watch a bad episode of iMPACT over a bad episode of RAW.

A bad episodeof iMPACT is hilariously funny to watch. A bad episode of RAW is filled with guest hosts, piss poor comedy segments, divas, Hornswoggle and Santino.

I think what we have here is a load of teenagers to guys in their mid 20's longing for the attitude era all over again.

I think all remaining wrestling fans want the Attitude Era back, not just the the group you mention.

In my opinion Raw id not getting loaded top heavy to stave off TNA. 0.5 is not competition at all. Tna need to start enticing viewers over by not having matches like RVD vs Hardy, then RVD vs Styles on an Impact. These matches would not have looked out of place at the top end of a Wrestlemania card. Keep putting strong ppv's out, but start building up storylines rather than working from week to week.

I think you're right, it's all a ratings thing to TNA, the same as WCW. Goldberg vs Hogan should have been PPV but they had it on Nitro along with the "Fingerpoke of Doom", taking away the match itself, the build up was PPV worthy as well.

I think that if it continues for much longer then you will be correct. From someone who used to be an absolute monster and to now where the Impact zone doesn't give a sh*t about with all his stupid screaming. "I have power! I have power!" shut up, no one cares.

Interesting to see where Joe goes after destroying everyone in site, last week.

I think all remaining wrestling fans want the Attitude Era back, not just the the group you mention.

I think you're right, it's all a ratings thing to TNA, the same as WCW. Goldberg vs Hogan should have been PPV but they had it on Nitro along with the "Fingerpoke of Doom", taking away the match itself, the build up was PPV worthy as well.

In fairness to WCW that match was from a sold out Georgia dome, so it was almost as big as a PPV.

That would just be impossible, considering the training they do for each match and the potential recovery time from each fight.

not impossible if the roster was doubled, I'm not saying have brock fight every week, save that for PPV, but putting out 4 fights every week would not be impossible, or if it was a fortnightly show, there will always be a bonner or swick or trigg that will take a fight with just a few weeks notice, it could be done, but I know it won't.

Just a hypethetical scenario

TNA is wanting to bring back Christopher Daniels under a pay-per-appearance deal.

Fuuuuuuck nooooooo!!!

Batista and Rey Mysterio are the most talked about within WWE right now as far as "problems" go.

Batista is upset because WWE removed him from the movie due to uncertainty about his future with the company. Mysterio, who has a long time left on his contract, is apparently making a fuss again about money.

WWE has been trying to make a new Mexican star in case something happens with Mysterio and he leaves the company. WWE realizes that Mexico is it's hottest market right now. Dos Caras, even though he has been working as a heel, was brought on the road with WWE because there is a directive that the company wants a new Mexican star rolling as quickly as possible.

Was Rey not greetin about this a few months ago and got an improved contract? Why did he sign if he wasn't happy with it....he could have made a fortune in Mexico.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Well the results of the draft show that McMahon wants to destroy TNA by drafting the likes of Edge and Jericho to a Raw show that is already full of arguably the biggest talents in the company. So Raw's main event looks like this; John Cena, Batista (?), Edge, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, HHH and Randy Orton.

Smackdown on the other hand looks to be the developmental show and it's great that Christian has moved to the brand which suits him the best as it gives him a much better chance of becoming a big game player. This leaves Smackdown's main event looking like this;

Undertaker, Mysterio, Big Show, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Christian and Kofi Kingston. If MVP turns heel, he could be in with a shout of getting into the main event in the future.

Initially i was surprised at Edge turning heel last night because the WWE had been building him up as a face ever since he returned from the Rumble yet it does kinda make sense now. Considering Edge and Orton both turned face around the same time, the writers must have been testing who would get a bigger reaction and it's without a doubt RKO, who is much more popular with the fans than Edge. Nevertheless i'm really looking forward to the feud.

The whole pg wwe thing is hurting WWE just now. My question is, was this all brought in to conincide with Linda McMahon's run for the senate?

I'll start with this.

1) The PG thing isn't what is hurting WWE just now. What is hurting WWE is too many bland characters that just blend into each other, and too many non-gimmicks. Could you imagine these guys in the OLD PG WWE ? Nope. Don't make the mistake that a PG WWE can't be good. It can.

2) I think Linda running has a lot to do with it.

If so, and when she loses, will WWE go back to having an edge(no pun intended)

No they won't. They'll continue to try and secure their future fans by aiming for the kids, and this is no bad strategy.

Tna need to start enticing viewers over by not having matches like RVD vs Hardy, then RVD vs Styles on an Impact. These matches would not have looked out of place at the top end of a Wrestlemania card.

Aye, if it was the worst Wrestlemania card of all time maybe.

It's a strange one. WWE could definately go for it and make it work, but they don't want to alienate the younger fans that they have got.

It'd be awesome to have an edge to the WWE product, and a hark back to the Attitude era would be awesome.

TNA are doing their best to try and cater to that disillusioned fanbase, but they are making so many bad calls with the booking that even the diehards are beginning to leave them too.

Batista to TNA? Now That would be good, as for Rey, I think he might well go to Mexico to work, he could just rake in the cash there.

I still think TNA should move back to thursdays, but hogans ego won't admit defeat even for the good of the company, RVD as champ is a much better champion to sell though

In fairness to WCW that match was from a sold out Georgia dome, so it was almost as big as a PPV.

Was there any controversy surrounding that match? I seem to remember Hogan didn't want to go over or it might have been a different match, maybe Dom might be able to help on that.

I'm not saying Kane should be given a push but I think there's a possibility of it happening as there's very little else on Smackdown now.

How are the "WWE universe" supposed to take his push seriously though if he's been a jobber the past 5 years? Also the first thing that needs to be done with Kane is bring back his old music. Even the 03-08 tune with the singing would be fine.

PS Can anyone be bothered to tell me how Edge turned heel? Would be appreciatted.

Was there any controversy surrounding that match? I seem to remember Hogan didn't want to go over or it might have been a different match, maybe Dom might be able to help on that.

PS Can anyone be bothered to tell me how Edge turned heel? Would be appreciatted.

1. Does Hogan ever wannna job to anyone?

2. Edge interfered in the triple threat match on Raw for the #1 contender. He speared Orton, costing him the match, which Batista won.

Before I forget, who would have won? Pyscho Sid or Arn Anderson?

Sid.

You guys seen the Smackdown spoilers yet? You should see who the No 1 contender is :(

I haven't seen the spoilers but I do know who is #1 contender. Not surprised really.

How are the "WWE universe" supposed to take his push seriously though if he's been a jobber the past 5 years? Also the first thing that needs to be done with Kane is bring back his old music. Even the 03-08 tune with the singing would be fine.

Bring back Paul Bearer!