The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Na im no ordering it the night either. Card doesnae appeal to me. Ive no been watchin as much wrestling over the last month or so cos tbh most of its a load of pish the now.

Raw is worse than ive ever remembered it to be. I sstruggle to make it through an episode. Randy Orton and his two wee sidekicks runnin about in their y-fronts tryin to act hard doesn't make for good TV. I am also sick of Cenas superman act and ongoing battle with Vickie Guerrero.

The card tonight does not capture my imagination at all. Mostly matches that have been done before in recent months and nout much new will happen in them.

I am also sick of Cenas superman act and ongoing battle with Vickie Guerrero.

Cena's hardly been superman since he came back. He was much, much worse in 2007. :huh:

Cena's hardly been superman since he came back. He was much, much worse in 2007. :huh:

I suppose he was a bit worse back then. For some reason I liked him then but. Cant suffer him now.

Just when he got chokeslammed through that mad strobe light thing at Backlash and came back the next night with not a mark on him had me a bit miffed.

Didn't catch the opening match.

Jack Swagger vs. Christian

After their first match these two guys had I wasn't so sure, but they have had nothing but really good matches since then. I really liked the reversals in this one and also the cat and mouse game that seemed to be getting played through the match. I'm wondering how they're going to pay this fued off though. Jack Swagger is obviously going to come back and want another shot because of the ending.

Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison

Nowhere near as good as I hoped it would be. I just wasn't into this at all.

The Miz and Santino Marella

Just when Santino Marella can't get any more tedious, he turns babyface and just loses all power to even be slightly amusing. Ugh. The Miz has grown on me on the mic in the last few weeks and my opinion of him didn't change much last night. Loved his reaction to the "What ?!?!" chants and they seemed to stop after he had a go. Santino brought the segment down a few notches.

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

I haven't seen one move built up so well in ages. There was actually some points when I thought that the 619 wouldn't be connected at any point. Another belting match on this show.

Batista vs. Randy Orton

I thought for the first half of this match that it was as boring as sin, but once we got down to Orton continually doing everything he can to lose by count out, it turned into a decent match, much like what happened when he wrestled Cena at No Way Out, but it just feels like this has all been done before, mainly in the match I just mentioned. I still kinda enjoyed this though. Not sure what to make of Flair's run in. The way he's been talking recently, he might well return. We'll see what happens.

The Big Show vs. John Cena

This was about as slow and as boring a match as I was hoping not to see from these two guys. I remember them having a decent match at Wrestlemania XX but this was nowhere near as good. Infact, this was pretty crappy.

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy

A great way to end a pretty good show here. Loved the Spear from Edge to Hardy. I thought it seemed to tail off a bit towards the end, but that's a minor complaint. Really good main event.

I really enjoyed this show. I seem to be saying that about all of the WWE PPVs at the moment.

Ric Flair has stated that he might return. So this could be interesting. I personally don't want to see him back, and I'll join the "f**k Off Flair" campaign if he DOES come back. He says he doesn't want to disrespect HBK by doing so, but then will happily come back and do it anyways.

With HBK due to be back at Summerslam though ...

How long till HHH comes back and we have evoloution v legacy

I see that RAW next week may be cancelled due to the Denver Nuggets playing the LA Lakers in the playoffs on the same night in the same arena thats one big cock up!!!

Couldn't care if RAW got turned into weekly house shows at this rate.

As for HHH coming back, I hope he doesn't come back any time soon. Things are stale enough in the main event scene. When Orton/Cena fueding is fresh, you know you have problems. HHH coming back would only make things worse.

Right, in the spoilers is the current complete card for Extreme Rules. It's not looking bad.

WWE Championship

Steel Cage Match

Randy Orton © vs. Batista

World Heavyweight Championship

Ladder Match

Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy

WWE Intercontinental Championship

No Holds Barred Match

Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho

Submissions Match

The Big Show vs. John Cena

Samoan Strap Match