The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

TNA

Nice opening promo. I love when Flair calls himself a god, it's just so sincere. Morgan was nae bad as well.

The mixed tag team match was pretty good. Well I say mixed tag, neither of the females featured in any lengthy periods. Hopefully Lethal will win the title back at Final Resolution and I'm not complaining at the prospect of the Guns against Gen Me.

The Jarrett promo was good, couple of mistakes but him hitting JB was cuntish.

Where's Desmond Wolfe and\or London Brawling? They pulled a good promo back on impact few months ago and nothing since they pulled out the ppv.

The Double J Double MA Exhibition was shite. Nice to see Joe wipe the floor with some jokers for the second week running.

Hardy and Raven was shite. Glad he got canned. Hope Dreamer's next.

Abyss and Moore was alright, nothing special.

Morgan and Flair was surprisingly decent, well I enjoyed it. Looks like it'll be RVD or Anderson. Well you'd think they'd be the referee

Edited by forehead7

I think Survivor Series looks shit. It's basically a vechicle for the Cena - Barrett/Nexus feud. Nothing of any interest except that one match. If they could get away with just charging for this one match then I bet they would.

Its only shit in the sense that none of the feuds have been built up well/at all apart from the main event but its one of the most unpredictable ppvs in ages, the only cert imo is a sheamus win and for that reason alone, its something to look forward to.

Who would people say the worst wwf/wwe champion has been?

Also who is the best wrestler never to have won the title?

Best never to have been given the strap is Mr. Perfect in my opinion.

The WWE Championship hasn't really had any proper stinkers (at the time I though JBL was, but they put him on a brilliant run with it and he did surprisingly well) except Vince, and even then it was a vehicle to further his feud with HHH as he relinquished it.

The WHC though, well in WWE times alone, Khali and Mysterio have to both have shouts of that.

ETA: Backlund's 2nd stint with the belt. I forgot about that. That was really bad (and mercifully only 3 days).

Edited by djchapsticks

The Great Khali is the worst World Heavyweight Champion ever. I can understand that McMahon wanted to increase WWE popularity in India by doing so, yet on television he was so boring it was unreal, plus he was (and still is) shit inside the ring. I also can see why people say Mysterio as he only weighs 175 pounds which isn't really heavyweight material although at least he's good to watch in the ring!

I would go for Ted DiBiase, he was so over as a heel it's quite remarkable that he never won the big one.

I'm going for Parscelona's two picks. However ...

I can understand that McMahon wanted to increase WWE popularity in India by doing so, yet on television he was so boring it was unreal, plus he was (and still is) shit inside the ring. I also can see why people say Mysterio as he only weighs 175 pounds which isn't really heavyweight material although at least he's good to watch in the ring!

I'm going purely on wrestling ability here with the picks.

The Great Khali's wrestling ability should never have mattered though. The guy is a fucking monster, and could easily look like a world champion if booked right and probably SHOULD have done. Of course, his first fued was to job to The Undertaker.

Best wrestler never to win the big one has to be Piper. The guy is an utter legend and even last monday he was the star of the show aged 56, although he never actually wrestled.

Curt "Mr Perfect" Hennig was AWA world champion, but never WWE or WCW. He along with Di Biase, Steamboat and Hall are all other notable non world champs

Edited by Cameron

Far too unreliable. Would definetly have been given the strap in WCW if he wasn't such a mess.

Im a huge fan of his and i agree with you on why he was never given the title. His talent was more than deserving of it though, when you think of the people who have won it

Worst World/WWE Champ:

I should go for a controversial choice in Bret Hart, but thats probably because I've always hated him, but to be fair he was over and done pretty well as champ.

So I'll go for Sgt Slaughter, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit and even though I had no idea he was ever World Champion, The Great Khali (I'm guessing he won it sometime in 2007/early 08 when I didnt have Sky/didnt follow what was happening)

For best wrestler never to win a World Title I'm gonna be biased and say Razor Ramon/Scott Hall and Goldust :D

Worst World/WWE Champ:

I should go for a controversial choice in Bret Hart, but thats probably because I've always hated him, but to be fair he was over and done pretty well as champ.

So I'll go for Sgt Slaughter, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit and even though I had no idea he was ever World Champion, The Great Khali (I'm guessing he won it sometime in 2007/early 08 when I didnt have Sky/didnt follow what was happening)

For best wrestler never to win a World Title I'm gonna be biased and say Razor Ramon/Scott Hall and Goldust :D

Jeff Hardy and Chris Benoit? How can you have those two and not put John Cena in there? Hardy deserves it for doing so many crazy stunts over the years.

Not sure if we're counting them but there's been a few NWA champions, Ron Killings being one.

Jeff Hardy and Chris Benoit? How can you have those two and not put John Cena in there? Hardy deserves it for doing so many crazy stunts over the years.

Because Cena has been a success as champion. Which is why he has been champ so many times. Hardy and Benoit both had shite runs as champ and failed to be a success. And Hardy definately shouldnt deserve to go down as a good champion just because he jumps off ladders.

Because Cena has been a success as champion. Which is why he has been champ so many times. Hardy and Benoit both had shite runs as champ and failed to be a success. And Hardy definately shouldnt deserve to go down as a good champion just because he jumps off ladders.

I thought it was on wrestling merit?