The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It still (probably) leaves you with the problem that Cena is gonna come back and negate the storyline.

At TLC Miz v Orton - Ladder Match - Stipulation :If Miz wins for as long as he is WWE Champion , Orton won't be allowed to challenge for the title , Cena returns at Royal Rumble eliminates Randy Orton set up for thier Match at Wrestlemania while the Miz face Triple H and Wade Barrett i n a triple threat match that night and Miz and HHH have a rematch at Wrestlemania

Get the title on Barrett at TLC with a clean win over Orton and have the Nexus run riot for the weeks in the run up to the Rumble with Barrett saying he is the most powerful man in the WWE. Have Otunga win some sort of Battle Royal or something to be #30 in the Rumble after some Nexus interference. Put Barrett over Orton cleanly in a rematch at the Rumble. As Otunga is on his way to the ring Vince's music would come on, he'd come out and say that he is the most powerful person in the company and to prove it, he's brought someone with him. Have Cena come out, smack Otunga about and win the Rumble. That sets you up for Cena-Barrett as the WM main event.

I realise this gives you overkill of Orton-Barrett but I'm not sure how else they could work it tbh. Undertaker might not be back in time for Mania so I wouldn't put all the eggs in the Taker-Barrett basket.

"It's all part a bigger picture. But you're all too simple to understand"

We still have to find out who is controlling Nexus, although knowing WWE it'll probably be HHH and he and Cena will feud at Mania because of it or some other utterly awful shit.

"It's all part a bigger picture. But you're all too simple to understand"

We still have to find out who is controlling Nexus, although knowing WWE it'll probably be HHH and he and Cena will feud at Mania because of it or some other utterly awful shit.

I had thought that perhaps Barrett would win the title last night before the Miz decided to cash in. Barrett lies down for him and the Miz is revealed to be the leader of the Nexus. Obviously that hasn't happened as it wouldn't be Cena that was shown as the PPV went off-air.

Quick ratings for all of the matches on the card here.

Daniel Bryan © vs. Ted Dibiase - WWE United States Championship ( ***1/2 )

Sheamus vs. John Morrison ( **3/4 )

Dolph Ziggler © vs. Kaval - WWE Intercontinental Championship ( ** )

Team Del Rio vs. Team Rey Mysterio, Elimination Match ( **1/2 )

Lay-Cool © vs. Natalya - WWE Divas Championship ( * )

Kane © vs. Edge - World Heavyweight Championship ( DUD )

Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel © vs. Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov - WWE World Tag Team Championships ( *1/2 )

Randy Orton © vs. Wade Barrett - WWE Championship ( ** )

I can't be the only one who liked that ending, right ? It adds intrigue to the whole thing. We know that Cena is going to be back, but how does it happen ? Wade Barrett is going to want Cena's head on a stick at this point, which also makes the inevitable return that much more exciting.

Some ICW thoughts from last night ...

* I got booted in the head and had Johnny Starr land full throttle on my knee. Nobody's safe.

* The match both things happened in, the Starr vs. Vinnie James vs. Joe Coffee match, was superb. I thought it'd be piss break stuff but there was real effort there.

* Lionheart vs. Chris Renfrew was fucking madness. Kudos to Lionheart for taking two nasty tack moves with no shirt on.

* Fight Club vs. Blaze N Rampage was a cracker of a tag match.

* Noam Dar vs. Andy Wild vs. Falcon vs. Rob Cage was amazing. All credit to Noam Dar and Andy Wild for a final stretch which elevated the match big time.

It is expected that the return of WWE's King of the Ring will officially be announced for next week's three-hour RAW from Philadelphia.

smile.gif

Aye, heard about that a few weeks back. I think Del Rio will win it. Apparently theres another 3 hour Raw scheduled for 2 weeks after the King of the Ring one. Which will mean 3 three hour Raw's in 5 weeks.

Aye, heard about that a few weeks back. I think Del Rio will win it. Apparently theres another 3 hour Raw scheduled for 2 weeks after the King of the Ring one. Which will mean 3 three hour Raw's in 5 weeks.

That'll be for the Slammy Awards, I think.

They've completely fcked up with Sheamus in a very Jack Swagger-esque way. That was a pathetic finish.

Surely Edge wins the title as he has a body part on top of Kane 'pinning' him. That was stupid as well.

Nexus should be made to look amazing. Should've been a squash tag match but instead it was a pile of shit.

Oh, and why the hell was Striker the dickhead and Michael Cole the big Cena sympathiser at the end? Yet more stupidity.

Edited by garymcc1874

They've completely fcked up with Sheamus in a very Jack Swagger-esque way. That was a pathetic finish.

Surely Edge wins the title as he has a body part on top of Kane 'pinning' him. That was stupid as well.

1) Agreed. He lost to a move which isn't even a regular part of JoMo's moveset.

2) That isn't right. As long as the shoulders are down, the pin is made. That's why a double pin can come from a German Suplex.

Nexus should be made to look amazing. Should've been a squash tag match but instead it was a pile of shit.

Oh, and why the hell was Striker the dickhead and Michael Cole the big Cena sympathiser at the end? Yet more stupidity.

Yeah, he should've just wiped the floor with him.

Nah, they both had their hands on each others' chests.

Agreed.

Yeah Cole is always on Cena's side despite being a great heel the rest of the time. He should be like "it's Cena's fault he's in this situation" etc.

2) That isn't right. As long as the shoulders are down, the pin is made. That's why a double pin can come from a German Suplex.

Yeah but the Hardy/Angle one at Slammiversary(?) was pish, Angle doing an ankle lock while the pin was going, a move breaks the pin surely?

Yeah but the Hardy/Angle one at Slammiversary(?) was pish, Angle doing an ankle lock while the pin was going, a move breaks the pin surely?

If the shoulders are down, you're pinned. Doesn't matter what's going on. Shoulders down. Pinned.

1) Agreed. He lost to a move which isn't even a regular part of JoMo's moveset.

Ah, I wasn't sure about that tbh but it came across as pretty silly watching it.

Sheamus and Nexus were both made to look very poor last night imo. Nexus should've destroyed Santino & Kozlov in a very short match.

I'm tempted to stay up for RAW tonight .. I get the feeling that Cena will still somehow be on it! :blink:

Gonna sit up tonight and watch raw for as long as it keeps me interested (hopefully longer than the first segment)

Could not be bothered with it all last night and went to bed shortly into the Edge Kane match. Glad i did tbh.

Hopefully Cena will now be off our screens for a while, i really cant stand the guy he honestly bores me like no-other.

HHH return should be any time now. Must admit im looking forward to seeing him back, it seems like an utter age since he last appeared.

Also

Chris Jericho is backstage at RAW. No word if he visiting or returning tonight