The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Kevin Steen actually stole the show that night. Especially in the main event, where he put on what can only be described as a 101 on how to play the face in peril. I prefer Tozawa as the underdog babyface.

I can't wait to see Tozawa/Steen vs. Generico/Ricochet from the All Star Weekend.

Akira Tozawa has been confirmed for the UK Dragon Gate shows. You can imagine just how mental my head is going.

Needless to say, I'm fucking jigging also at the prospect of sitting the same room as Tozawa, never mind seeing him work.

On the topic of gigging, the clear idea is that no one knows we're slicing our heads, so under the ring is good with me, on the flip side, I've seen guys go under the ring from a chairshot and NOT juice on purpose, it's all in moderation, unfortunately, it's rarely levelled out now. The Corino one to me, doesn't look as clear as some, hell most. If you didn't know the inner working of industry, you'd suspect he was rubbing his head, not cutting up.

Shug - When you're in a setting where there are fans in full 360 rotation of you, under the ring is the only clean place, so unless Corino powders then goes under the ring, he's got to do it in the ring, and to me, it was fine, again though, I've seen enough Ian Rotten matches to consider Corinos effort good.

I might as well add it in here too, Colt Cabana will be wrestling in Aberdeen in August for one of the companies I work for, August 20th, Northern Hotel. You might even get to see a Dundonian taking a Boom Boom elbow from him.;)

Edit - Trying to get PWG and NWA Hollywood star WILLIE MACK on the show prior to that one also.

Edited by Deestruction

Shug - When you're in a setting where there are fans in full 360 rotation of you, under the ring is the only clean place, so unless Corino powders then goes under the ring, he's got to do it in the ring, and to me, it was fine, again though, I've seen enough Ian Rotten matches to consider Corinos effort good.

Under the ring is the only place 100% full proof. I can't see why Corino didn't wait until he hit the deck, grabbed his head and did it there....for me the way he did it was uber-messy. And from the seat I had at it was completely obvious what he jus did, we could see it as plain as day.

I might as well add it in here too, Colt Cabana will be wrestling in Aberdeen in August for one of the companies I work for, August 20th, Northern Hotel. You might even get to see a Dundonian taking a Boom Boom elbow from him.;)

Edit - Trying to get PWG and NWA Hollywood star WILLIE MACK on the show prior to that one also.

And the conpany would be?

Trying to get PWG and NWA Hollywood star WILLIE MACK on the show prior to that one also

Could you talk someone into letting me stay with them if that happens? I'd be willing to give them money for the right. I'm a mammoth Willie Mack mark.

See, doing it on the canvas is even more obvious to me, but hey ho, we all have different preferences.

Not always. That would be my preference, rather than risk "being caught".

On a side note, I did a little bit of training about a year and a half ago. Now I'm considering getting back into it, although I'm still trying to choose where.

As with [most] WWE events that are on SBO these days, I will be streaming this one. Only push the boat out for the Rumble, Mania and Summerslam. Maybe Survivor Series too, but apparently Vince is binning it.

Could you talk someone into letting me stay with them if that happens? I'd be willing to give them money for the right. I'm a mammoth Willie Mack mark.

Everyone usually hits up a karaoke bar after shows in Aberdeen, so i'll end up with a hotel room that night if this happens. He's over for an AllStar tour and some wXw, so if he's free that show, I think I can hook it up.

Shug - If you're looking to train again, I'd suggest SWA or the PBW/BCW schools, both have reputable trainers (esp PBW/BCW).

Like SampFan, I only pay for RR and Mania, if there was somewhere here that showed these in a cinema, I'd be right there, as thats the most fun experience watching a show outwith at the venue I've ever had. I think i'll just PWT CapPun.

Only the RR is worth paying 15 quid for these days, and even then, that's fast deteriorating. Wrestlemania's only saving grace, the past few year have been the Taker matches IMO.

Did anyone see the Uso's vs Gabriel/Slater on Smackdown?

Thought it was the best 'normal' tag match I had seen in ages. Definately the Uso's most impressive performance

Agreed. Booker T uttered the phrase 'tag team division' which I thought was a bit of a joke, but then this match impressed and made me think that maybe the WWE are about to give tag team wrestling a shot in the arm and start taking it seriously again. Hope so.

The Usos' alley-oop into the samoan drop was impressive.

Agreed. Booker T uttered the phrase 'tag team division' which I thought was a bit of a joke, but then this match impressed and made me think that maybe the WWE are about to give tag team wrestling a shot in the arm and start taking it seriously again. Hope so.

The Usos' alley-oop into the samoan drop was impressive.

Seen as they gave the Kings of Wrestling a tryout this week, it wouldn't surprise me if this was just one of those 2 week phases, that said, Id love for them to have an actual division.

Edit to ask, DomDom, you got your DGUK tickets ordered yet?

Edited by Deestruction

Shug - If you're looking to train again, I'd suggest SWA or the PBW/BCW schools, both have reputable trainers (esp PBW/BCW).

I did some training with SWA before, and while I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but feel it could be better. I really fancy training with PBW. I think their training is still on a Sunday which suits me and the trainers seem like guys I'd really like to learn under.