The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Genuinely looking forward to RAW tonight now!

Sort of think Punk may have signed a wee extension and will appear in the front row of the crowd tonight with his belt.

I'm going to try and watch the next few months of WWE without reading anything on the likes of PWInsider or here.

I only skimmed view it but it had two moments in it that I actually shouted out loud at

Daniel Bryan winning the SD! MitB

and Punk winning.

I honestly think that Punk could be on his way to becoming bigger and much more of a badass than Stone Cold ever was.

WOW that main event was the best thing I've seen in wrestling for years. The atmosphere was off the scale not seen much like that since Hogan/Rock at Mania.

Credit to WWE for this angle I thought they would f**k this up once more, they may eventually, but to let Punk win the title last night was awesome.

Can't wait to see where they go from here.

It's been reported that there are no injuries from last night apart from a few minor bumps for Del Rio. There was some great selling last night then! At one point I was convinced that Miz, Bryan, Sin Cara, Big Show and Cena were all legit hurt, especially when It looked like Miz ruined his kneecap.

It's been reported that there are no injuries from last night apart from a few minor bumps for Del Rio. There was some great selling last night then! At one point I was convinced that Miz, Bryan, Sin Cara, Big Show and Cena were all legit hurt, especially when It looked like Miz ruined his kneecap.

I was 100% convinced Cena was in bad shape. Punk landed the cross body very awkwardly, almost pulling Cena's knee downwards.

I hope beyond all hope that this is a new direction the WWE is taking. They have firmly been in the wilderness the last 3 years. Wee mentions the last few weeks or the the words 'pro-wrestling' gives me hope that they are at least trying once again to embrace the thing that it's fans love, rather than calling them 'entertainers' or whatever as if Vince is embarrassed by what they are.

Oh yeah. I also gained a shitload of respect for Cena last night. Say what you want about him, but he's one of the most professional guys ever to set foot in the ring. The spot where he was kneed clean in the jaw would have sparked 99% of people out. The myth that he can't wrestle was also firmly put to bed.

Like many others, I'm bored of the direction they constantly push him in, but a heel-turn could see new life breathed into his character and I feel we're on the verge of seeing it now in the form of him snapping somehow. Vince seems to have an able merchandise replacement strategy in the push that they are giving Punk, which is the only reason Cena ever stayed as monster face for such a long time.

:D

Good, think that was his first loss last night. Can't remember if he beat Sheamus on friday. I think he is terrible on Smackdown. Jinder Mahal for a push now.

Christian beat him a couple of weeks ago.

WOW that main event was the best thing I've seen in wrestling for years. The atmosphere was off the scale not seen much like that since Hogan/Rock at Mania.

Only other match I can think of that comes close is HHH vs Cena from WM22, same venue as last night.

I only skimmed view it but it had two moments in it that I actually shouted out loud at

Daniel Bryan winning the SD! MitB

and Punk winning.

I honestly think that Punk could be on his way to becoming bigger and much more of a badass than Stone Cold ever was.

Let's not get carried away. Stone Cold was/is the biggest draw ever in the history of wrestling.

Raw tonight;

The dark match main event is being listed as John Cena, Rey Mysterio and Big Show vs The Miz, R-Truth and Alberto Del Rio

(http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/tonights-wwe-raw-preview-cm-punk-coverage-more-132967)

Let's not get carried away. Stone Cold was/is the biggest draw ever in the history of wrestling.

What's stopping Punk doing it though?

What did Stone Cold have that Punk doesn't?

Still in awe from how good last night was. Probably an exagerration but nothing instantly springs to mind as being as good since WM17, although I'm sure there have been belters since then. Divas match aside, everything was good to great to superb. When Cena gets a match by 15 mins usually good, although Punk is the best thing in WWE just now. I even remember him having a decent strap match with Umaga at one Rumble.

So del rio was no shock, but Bryan was, and a welcome one.

What WWE needs to do now, is keep this "real" angle going, and not cut it short too early like they did with Nexus, which was an original and fresh revelation leading up to SS last year. If only they could focus again on doing these stories before a WM.

PS - Is it just me or did Johnny Ace sell being puched better than most wrestlers?

Really? I thought that was some poor selling from Show, was pretty obvious he wasn't injured. The Miz and Sin Cara were the only ones I thought could have been injured. Sin Cara because I expected him to come back out after being stretchered off and didn't. Although I then thought The Miz wouldn't come back out and he did so what the f**k do I know? :lol: