The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Finally got done watching RAW and I thought it was weird. I mean it feels big, but some of the things didn't add up. I mean Punks the one whos been going on and on about yet he's nowhere to be seen? Cena gets his arse kicked after HIAC and is nowhere to be seen? The Laurinitus walks out to do a Kenny Shiels style stare only to walk away?

The whole reason why I'm still so hooked is, well usually you can see where a story is going, but where in the f**k is this one going? I have no idea. Are they making it too obvious that Laurinitus is involved, that in actual fact he isn't? Or will he be a part of the whole thing?

Finally got done watching RAW and I thought it was weird. I mean it feels big, but some of the things didn't add up. I mean Punks the one whos been going on and on about yet he's nowhere to be seen? Cena gets his arse kicked after HIAC and is nowhere to be seen? The Laurinitus walks out to do a Kenny Shiels style stare only to walk away?

The whole reason why I'm still so hooked is, well usually you can see where a story is going, but where in the f**k is this one going? I have no idea. Are they making it too obvious that Laurinitus is involved, that in actual fact he isn't? Or will he be a part of the whole thing?

The ending of Raw made it pretty obvious that if there is a team HHH v team (Lauinitus / McMahon...not sure what way their going to do it if they do), who would be on HHH's side. Only Air Boom were at ring side out of the 6 who had the tag match from the face team.

From LordsofPain.net -

WWE has announced that Darren Young has been suspended for 30 days due to a violation of the company's Wellness Policy.The following statement was posted on the WWE website on Thursday:"In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Fred Rosser (Darren Young) for 30 days effective Wednesday, Oct. 5, for his first violation of the company's policy.

What odds on him being "future endeavoured" during the next batch?

Also from Lords of Pain -

Vince Russo has been removed from his post as the head of TNA's creative team, according to a report by ProWrestling.NET. Russo has been replaced by Bruce Prichard, who is also in charge of TNA's talent relations. Russo is not entirely gone, as he'll still be one of the senior writers for the show along with writer Matt Conway, but Bruce Prichard will now handle the overall direction of the shows and has the final say on the scripts. This major change to TNA's creative structure has been in the works for several months and became official within the past week or so. There are said to be mixed feelings in the TNA locker room regarding Bruce Prichard getting so much power in TNA so early into his run with the company - but at the same time, Russo's demotion is sure to make many people happy.
Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

WWE's live events website (www.wwelivetour.com) remains offline after nude images were published in the photo gallery on Wednesday.

The website featured an unmoderated section where fans are permitted to upload photos taken at live events. A nude photo of former WWE Diva Tiffany from her Playboy modeling days was uploaded to the website, garnering attention online. More tawdry images were uploaded including a graphic still of Chyna's s genitalia from her 2004 adult film 1 Night in China, a photo depicting TNA Wrestling broadcasters Mike Tenay and Taz looking on with approval, and a photo of The Miz with lettering reading "I'd fap to that."

Stephanie McMahon, who oversees the website, called an emergency meeting upon learning of the situation. "Everyone was said to be blaming everyone else," according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Totally forgot about SD! but given the lack of any conversation about it I'd assume it didn't link in with the last episode of RAW ?? I have no idea how they could possibly do that but I think I'll watch it now. :)

Totally forgot about SD! but given the lack of any conversation about it I'd assume it didn't link in with the last episode of RAW ?? I have no idea how they could possibly do that but I think I'll watch it now. :)

Booker T had nothing to do with the walk out - he thought the show was over and he needed the bathroom. Absolute genius. Just genius.

How tragic is that crowd on Smackdown? romanovpalm.png

Not a surprise though really when it's mainly made up of kids and the talent on offer is at rock bottom almost. All the high-pitched chants you hear sound like something from a primary school playground. romanovpalm.png

It really is a shame how much of a joke this product has become nowadays when it used to actually be so entertaining. And long it will continue until they change from this ridiculous PG era.

PG. facepalm.png

Still I will continue to half-watch (fast-forward through 90% of it) in hope that one day it might actually become great to watch again.

Only a total fud would think the fact that it's PG makes any difference. Good writers can make a PG product good.

facepalm.png

It being PG makes a big difference, the only reason they changed was because it makes more money.

- For a start you don't ever see any good street fights/hardcore matches etc anymore, no blood whatsoever, yawn. Even matches like Hell in a Cell are less entertaining.

- Hardly any bad language, makes feuds and rivalries less intense and makes interviews and promo's harder to be funny.

- No edgy/controversial storylines, makes it harder to get any real excitement in storylines as making personal feuds for example doesn't work as well.

- The main protagonist and a prime reason why the product has been so shite for the past 5-6 years has his main audience in kids, so they just make him win all the time to keep the kids happy, watching, and making them want to buy his merchandise. It's very easy to please youngsters you know.

- Heel turns are crap. They have never made Cena heel since it has been PG which is utterly atrocious. Talk about status-quo.

To be blunt, you get the same sterile pish.

I honestly think I could make a better job being a WWE script writer than who they currently have employed. For a start I would get rid of the two "brands" and make it one big show again. Fair enough it was alright for the couple of years after they done it back in 2002 when they actually had a lot of talent for it. It was still alright even around 2005/2006 but since then it has just been awful, particularly SmackDown. You then don't have to wait a whole week either to see the aftermath of every Raw or SmackDown, rather you only need to wait three days until the next show with it being the same people.

I would get rid of the World Heavyweight Championship meaning there are more "main eventers" competing for the one major title. This would open up a lot more meaning to the program and would make the main event at PPV's THE main event rather than having two "world title" matches. It also means there is less of the same 3-4 people competing for either championship for a long period of time, rather perhaps making it up to as much as 10 people. Then anyone not competing for the title at each months PPV can get entered into feuds with fellow "main eventers". But being PG it's harder to do this because you can't get as many edgy or personal (entertaining) rivalries going.

The mid-card would get strengthened more with a mixture of wrestlers from both shows again and would make the US and Intercontinental title divisions more entertaining. I would schedule more ladder matches etc to add some more spice to this card.

As for the tag team division, I don't think anything could be done at current to help it. It is just an absolute abortion right now and has been for years.

A cruiserweight division? Maybe. Sin Cara, Evan Bourne etc.

And I would bring the hardcore title back. The randomness of the 24/7 rule would bring some much needed excitement both in the ring and backstage.

The divas can stay as they are. All they have ever been bar the days of LIta and Trish etc is eye candy (Lita and Trish were still eye candy but were actually good).

The main thing the WWE needs to do though is make Cena turn heel at a WrestleMania/Survivor Series and form some type of Corporation like stable. That would make it interesting.

Edited by Paulo Sergio

- For a start you don't ever see any good street fights/hardcore matches etc anymore, no blood whatsoever, yawn. Even matches like Hell in a Cell are less entertaining.

The Cena, Del Rio and Punk HIAC match was pretty good last weekend. I'll agree that it's slightly worse but not to such an extent that it's bad.

- No edgy/controversial storylines, makes it harder to get any real excitement in storylines as making personal feuds for example doesn't work as well.

Yeah, lets bring back the Katie Vick storyline, that was edgy and it was amazing rolleyes.gif

I honestly think I could make a better job being a WWE script writer than who they currently have employed. For a start I would get rid of the two "brands" and make it one big show again. Fair enough it was alright for the couple of years after they done it back in 2002 when they actually had a lot of talent for it. It was still alright even around 2005/2006 but since then it has just been awful, particularly SmackDown. You then don't have to wait a whole week either to see the aftermath of every Raw or SmackDown, rather you only need to wait three days until the next show with it being the same people.

It pretty much has stopped. I mean, they have all the superstars on both shows(generally) and you've got a group of people all hating on HHH. Christian, Otunga, Rhodes, Swagger and Ziggler. 2 SD and 3 Raw wrestlers.

You don't need stipulations to make it entertaining. Nor do you need blood or swear words. Although they've pushed it recently, it still is PG and the stuff with Punk has been really good. It's just the writers who've dropped the ball IMO. The storyline certainly is a long-term one, so it's not surprising that they're delaying it by not turning whoever they will.

The Cena, Del Rio and Punk HIAC match was pretty good last weekend. I'll agree that it's slightly worse but not to such an extent that it's bad.

Aye, 'twas alright.

Yeah, lets bring back the Katie Vick storyline, that was edgy and it was amazing rolleyes.gif

Haha, there has been some howlers there's no denying that. IMO though "the end more than justifies the means".

It pretty much has stopped. I mean, they have all the superstars on both shows(generally) and you've got a group of people all hating on HHH. Christian, Otunga, Rhodes, Swagger and Ziggler. 2 SD and 3 Raw wrestlers.

You don't need stipulations to make it entertaining. Nor do you need blood or swear words. Although they've pushed it recently, it still is PG and the stuff with Punk has been really good. It's just the writers who've dropped the ball IMO. The storyline certainly is a long-term one, so it's not surprising that they're delaying it by not turning whoever they will.

Mostly agree. ;)

Edited by Paulo Sergio

For a start you don't ever see any good street fights/hardcore matches etc anymore, no blood whatsoever, yawn. Even matches like Hell in a Cell are less entertaining.

You see plenty of good street fights and no dq matches. Punk and HHH had a hell of a heated battle on PPV and that didn't need blood or anything in it. Cena/ADR/Punk was a belting hell in a cell which made good use of the cage, and the Legacy/DX one was better than the majority of the pre=PG era cell matches.

Also, you still get to see mad stuntfests at TLC, and there are promotions out there who have daft as f**k violence if that's your thing. Personally, I'm happy to watch guys not slice their heads open.

Hardly any bad language, makes feuds and rivalries less intense and makes interviews and promo's harder to be funny.

Seriously? If people need to use bad language to make a fued more intense then they aren't very good talkers in the first place. That's just a ridiculous idea.

No edgy/controversial storylines, makes it harder to get any real excitement in storylines as making personal feuds for example doesn't work as well.

This much I'll give you, but again, that's not a PG problem. That's a WWE writer problem.

The main protagonist and a prime reason why the product has been so shite for the past 5-6 years has his main audience in kids, so they just make him win all the time to keep the kids happy, watching, and making them want to buy his merchandise. It's very easy to please youngsters you know.

People seem to forget who it was that helped to get Cena to the top. That's right, the adult fans, who were creaming over Cena when he was a heel. It used to be HIM getting the duelling chants from the adult audiences. How times change, eh? So basically, WWE changed him to fit with the audience they wanted, but make no mistake. He did a hell of a job getting there.

I'd tend to agree with you on his character though. I don't like it. However, he has worked hard and to just dismiss it as an easy task is a huge dis-service to the man.

Heel turns are crap. They have never made Cena heel since it has been PG which is utterly atrocious. Talk about status-quo.

I think they need to create a new Cena before turning him heel, to make up for the merch money they'd be pissing away.

I've never been a fan of the split either. Both brands have had good times. RAW is having a decent time right now I reckon, Smackdown was insanely good for a time, but that roster joined together is capable of much more. They have, in my opinion, the second best roster of wrestlers in the world right now.

I would get rid of the World Heavyweight Championship meaning there are more "main eventers" competing for the one major title. This would open up a lot more meaning to the program and would make the main event at PPV's THE main event rather than having two "world title" matches. It also means there is less of the same 3-4 people competing for either championship for a long period of time, rather perhaps making it up to as much as 10 people. Then anyone not competing for the title at each months PPV can get entered into feuds with fellow "main eventers". But being PG it's harder to do this because you can't get as many edgy or personal (entertaining) rivalries going.

The mid-card would get strengthened more with a mixture of wrestlers from both shows again and would make the US and Intercontinental title divisions more entertaining. I would schedule more ladder matches etc to add some more spice to this card.

To the last part, I don't think they can really just throw TLC and ladder matches around because of that PPV. Of course, I don't like the themed PPVs anyways. Get rid of them and we're talking.

The idea of the singular main title makes sense as well. The problem though is that you basically have the entire roster then coming in second place to Super Cena. At least on Smackdown, you have Mark Henry being fucking terrific. Could you imagine if it was Cena and not Orton he was fueding with?

As for the tag team division, I don't think anything could be done at current to help it. It is just an absolute abortion right now and has been for years.

The tag division IS being helped though. :huh: The last two PPVs have had cracking long tag team matches, they have built a new team who invaded the main event of the last PPV ready to challenge. It's beginning to look good in the tag division.

A cruiserweight division? Maybe. Sin Cara, Evan Bourne etc.

Sin Cara is shite. Evan Bourne is a staple in the tag division. Although they have plenty of guys in FCW who could be in a potential cruiser division and Daniel Bryan could be like the Dean Malenko of it.

Seriously? If people need to use bad language to make a fued more intense then they aren't very good talkers in the first place. That's just a ridiculous idea.

Yeah, look at Scott Steiner. As much as he's hilarious to watch, he is atrociously bad at promos. All he does is swear and stuff, and TNA are pretty loose with some of the words (crap, bitch, asshole and stuff are let go). I can't say there's anyone who'd pick a Steiner promo over one from the likes of Punk, Christian, Bobby Roode, AJ etc.