The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUJWWV5asqE

Just reminded me of Triple H 2002 return. What a moment that was. The crowd reaction to when he comes through the curtain is unbelievable and you'd never hear that kind of reaction now a days. Gave me goosebumps with the Game by Motorhead playing in the background.

Hey, just watching a bit of One Night Stand from 2005 there (I think). Was there genuine animosity between the ECW wrestlers and the WWE ones? Did Bradshaw not give the Blue Meanie a bit of a going over?

Can someone shed any light on all that went on there? Still love The Sandman's entrance.

Hey, just watching a bit of One Night Stand from 2005 there (I think). Was there genuine animosity between the ECW wrestlers and the WWE ones? Did Bradshaw not give the Blue Meanie a bit of a going over?

There was no real problem between the ECW and WWE guys. Eric Bischoff might have been a bit peeved but he never liked Heyman or ECW anyways.

Bradshaw is just notorious for being a Grade A c**t.

One of the best PPVs of the decade. Not really filled with amazing matches, but there was a real sense of the best of the old ECW. It was actually better than every single ECW show I have ever seen, with maybe the exception of Hardcore Heaven 2000.

Haha I've come across another WCW gem online. WCW Uncensored 1999

I have this on VHS.

The 'Ravens Rules' triangle match, Raven, Bam Bam Bigelow and Hardcore Hak is a classic. Some of Heenans commentary on that is class. One of my favourite WCW matches.

The Curt Henning/Barry Windham vs Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko tag match for the Tag championships is a good match too.

Right now its Chris Jericho vs Perry Saturn and Perry Saturn is wearing one fucked up gothic dress. Also had green contacts put in. Haha nearly forgot Jericho had Ralphus with him. :lol:

Edit: Tony Schiavone "a leather corsette" :lol:

Edited by coldojag

Weird, I am watching Uncensored 98 here.

Hogan - Flair the now.

Sweet, this match is the main event yeah? I remember the Sting World Title match vs Scott Hall wasn't the main event.

Funny how in my link you can watch them two against other again, a year on, at the same PPV but in a cage with barbed wire on top.

Edit: just done some research and that PPV was Superbrawl 1999, not Uncensored 98.

Edited by coldojag

There was no real problem between the ECW and WWE guys. Eric Bischoff might have been a bit peeved but he never liked Heyman or ECW anyways.

Bradshaw is just notorious for being a Grade A c**t.

One of the best PPVs of the decade. Not really filled with amazing matches, but there was a real sense of the best of the old ECW. It was actually better than every single ECW show I have ever seen, with maybe the exception of Hardcore Heaven 2000.

I'd say Anarchy Rulz '99 was better(I still go apeshit watching what transpires with Mike Awesome showing up out of nowhere and ending up world champ), but ONS comes close.

My favourite moment was definitely Dreamer and Beulah hugging, appearing on screen together for the first time since 1997. Just pure raw emotion that only ECW and Paul E can really produce.

Austin showing up and the ECW guys confronting Bischoff on his anti-ECW comments that had gone on for years were both also great; a throwback to the "anything can happen" vibe wrestling had in the 1990's.

About the Meanie/JBL thing, while talking about it at the 1PW ECW-themed weekend, when Joey Styles knocking out JBL backstage got mentioned, Meanie said that(after blinking in confusion looking at his computer screen for about a minute), he went onto his e-mail account:

Compose>

Joey S>

"Thank you......."

And then came an instant reply

"Meanie,

Merry Christmas!" :lol:

He also said that Vince gave him the revenge win over JBL to prevent Meanie from taking legal action(which he says he wouldn't have done anyway), and provided assurances backstage that if JBL stiffed him during the match, it would be the last match Bradshaw would ever wrestle for WWE.

Edited by RB-Scotland

I'd say Anarchy Rulz '99 was better(I still go apeshit watching what transpires with Mike Awesome showing up out of nowhere and ending up world champ), but ONS comes close.

Too much dead weight for me. Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm completely stole the show and the triple threat match was brilliant and should have main evented. Other than that though, you had another three way with the usual cruiser-style suspects, and those things never clicked, the usual boring RVD spotfest against random challenger #100, and Sabu and Credible having a boring match. I can't remember much else about it.

Can someone shed any light on all that went on there? Still love The Sandman's entrance.

Sandman's entrance was and still is one of the best entrances ever. Never mind all that goofy crap that John Cena does at Wrestlemania. That is up there with the best, although no one will ever beat the Undertaker's entrance at the Wrestlemania of 1998, and the promo ain't bad either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdGjxHdYn_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOUJeRkFEbE...feature=related

and his return in 2007 promo wasn't bad either.

Ah back when Kane was a monster. It's sad to see just how shit he is now. And flabby looking. He should never have lost the mask. Ever since he has, he's just got worse and worse. The period just before he lost the mask he was immense.

Too much dead weight for me. Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm completely stole the show and the triple threat match was brilliant and should have main evented. Other than that though, you had another three way with the usual cruiser-style suspects, and those things never clicked, the usual boring RVD spotfest against random challenger #100, and Sabu and Credible having a boring match. I can't remember much else about it.

ONS had some dead weight too; Benoit/Guerrero, and another of those 3 way cruiserweight matches(which I personally like, but if you're being consistent :)). I think it's more about the overall package though. Plus Anarchy Rulz '99 had the awesome commentary team of Cyrus and Styles, who could make the worst match of all-time watchable with their banter.

From a match standpoint, Heatwave '98 might be best.

On another note, Hulkster's outdone himself :lol:

While flying to the U.K., I read the Hogan book....he also talked about how he and John Belushi would party together and he would out-party Belushi. He used that story in his first book as well. The only problem is that in the first book, it only happened once, after WrestleMania II (that was in 1986, Belushi died in 1982, making the story a little suspect). Now it’s been exaggerated to something he regularly did during his first title reign (which started in 1984).

He talked about wrestling 400 nights a year. He said the reason he could do it was because he would go back and forth to Japan such as wrestle on one day in MSG, the next day in Japan, fly back for Boston, then fly back to Japan, which never happened, but he claimed by doing so, because of the time difference, he was able to actually live 400 days in a year. The problem is that yes, you can be in Japan and fly to California and because of the time difference, you can get home before you leave, but when you fly from California to Japan, you lose the day you pick up. In the end, it’s still 365 days. I mean, how can anyone even print something so totally ridiculous? And there was a New York Times book reviewer lauding it for its honesty.

In this book, he also never worked at a bank as he did in the previous book, where he claimed he worked at the bank the wrestlers went to, found that the guys were making $3,000 a week (the top guys working for Eddie Graham in the late 70s were making $1,000 to $1,500 per week) and that’s why he wanted to get into wrestling. He told that bank story probably since he hit it big in the early 80s.

He now admits to have taken steroids like crazy, going on dangerous stacks, until quitting in 1992 and he’s never taken a steroid since, and wouldn’t you know it, his body ended up looking better without them anyway.

Cool to see Sid getting some work. I always thought he'd have been awesome as John Morrison's bodyguard, when Morrison was really playing up the rock star character as ECW champ.

Edited by RB-Scotland