Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, Diamondatheart said:

Hes a class act a must say why you let him go al never know 

To offer that for cadden is shocking,if you lot just paid up what hes worth then you would not have likes of me on here saying much about livi ,any time livi is brought up is about debts you owe out ,from the outside it looks a shamble of a club tbh

Good luck to yourselfs ,you will need it with  the beast and the lump at the heart of defence ,they will be good in the air but very easy tied in knots when the balls played around them on the ground ,watt an cadden very good players just need to beef up at bit tbh 

Out of interest what do you think Cadden is worth ? From what I've been told (no idea if true) he was on £65 a week, so a seasons wages would be around £3000 odd, is the compo not based on what the clubs paid in wages, so yeh I agree £500 is ludicrous but it's not going to be much more than 3 or 4K is it ? 

Cadden has easily been the best signing we've made, looks absolutely menacing, ran St Mirren ragged today, actually thought Lithgow and Crighton had a decent game today but yeh I'm still to be convinced, although they handled today well and we won't come up against players like Sutton and Clarkson in league 1

anyway should certainly make for an interesting season anyway.

Edited by andylivi1

Earlier poster said cadden was on 65pound a week. Do you think the contract we offered him was only 65pound a week which would then say we are entitled to more like 20k. I am not bothered we lost him he was incosistent which you would expect from a young but my concern was he gave impression he thought he made it and his form suffered ie being selfish on the ball and sometimes not tracking back he has a bit of skill but he isnt the fastest and far from the finished article. Airdrie will be serious contenders for the title. I would pick rohan conroy russell and ryan over anyone else in the league.

Edited by Cooper81

14 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Earlier poster said cadden was on 65pound a week. Do you think the contract we offered him was only 65pound a week which would then say we are entitled to more like 20k. I am not bothered we lost him he was incosistent which you would expect from a young but my concern was he gave impression he thought he made it and his form suffered ie being selfish on the ball and sometimes not tracking back he has a bit of skill but he isnt the fastest and far from the finished article. Airdrie will be serious contenders for the title. I would pick rohan conroy russell and ryan over anyone else in the league.

It doesn't matter what he was offered the compensation goes on what he was paid, like I said I don't know if it's true but from what I was told he was on around £65 a week which means around 3, 3 and a half k a season so we aren't likely to offer any more than 5k. 

I don't disagree, Airdrie will ofcourse be challengers alongside 3 or 4 others clubs I'd say, from what I've seen from Cadden so far I'm absolutely delighted to have him here at Livingston. 

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Airdrie shambles of a club mk2. Should make for an interesting season with all the drama :whistle

We have never bein a shambles peat and sfa are to blame for our downfall.... where as u have one crook after a other and the sfa allow you to run the club in such a way it affects others 

As pointed out the wage he was on was not great but was offered a better deal so to be fair at least 6/7 could be more tbh you know he was worth that money

so the way your club have went about shows the lack respect to ours and we now have to take the long road to get what we are owed 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

from what I've seen from Cadden so far I'm absolutely delighted to have him here at Livingston. 

He will soon be M.I.A  after a few games and pop up ever now and then the rest of the time he will get bullied off the ball and hide 

Edited by Diamondatheart

Scott stewart wouldnt fear cadden and mcdonald would beat him for pace everytime. 500 pound is insult and i dont se how tribunal makes a decision based sorely on wage. The investment of a player isnt sorely on their wage but coaching he has received also.

Just read back through the last couple of pages where it is a bit confusing about Cadden. Airdrie fans are complaining about the compo Livi offered them but in the same post are slagging him off as being inconsistent and will hide in games, brilliant. :lol: 

From what I've seen of him in the 3 pre season games and the cup game yesterday he's been a stand out in every game, has scored a goal against  Morton, St Johnstone and St Mirren, put it on a plate for Carrick to get our 2nd goal yesterday too.

Looking forward to seeing him and Mullin playing down the wings, they look like giving us a real threat in attack and both put in superb crosses.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nicky Cadden is a brilliant signing, cheers Airdrie.

Well we'll  see if you're still saying that by Christmas and after you've been told to pay a realistic fee for Cadden. Money you don't have. 

Instalments will not be acceptable.