Livingston - all the threads merged

Brilliant , he's got a junior background ... Ha , so have 90% of guys that could kick a ball , Hopkins wants to build his own squad .... Although he brought 7 players in at Xmas /jan and still had the team playing like a shambles . White , bucks and mcallam were prob the only three who got pass marks  from jan and he signed none of them , this is going to be a long season I feel , 

Edited by champsfan

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

How do you buy tickets at Livingston North station?

There should be a machine in one of the shelters, pretty sure both sides only have 1 machine each though so it's nice fun game of hide and seek with it.

Looked pretty decent tonight, Cadden stands out a mile, really good signing. Will have to see us in a competitive game before I get my hopes up but certainly seeing an improvement every game and signs of a good team.

Still could do with signings a striker or two, Mullen tries hard but just hasn't the stature to lead the line, does well when he runs at defenders but just isn't going to get much change playing with his back to them getting balls fired up to him. The two trialists looked entertaining, no 17 did a mazy run hitting the byeline at the end of the game and we almost nicked it, then the no18 drove through St Johnstone's defence and just had the keeper to beat before shooting wide, might be worth signing both of them. No18 also looked useful in a physical challenge, near knocked a player into next week with one of his challenges. 

We looked good tonight have learned from the previous two games I think and have got a lot better still a wee bit unsure of the two center backs but hopefully they get better Cadden looks like a real good find and DJ looks 10 times better than he did in the dunfermline game hopefully we can kick on on Saturday and hopefully have a good season.

Agree with the above, we've steadily improved over the three friendly games and looked pretty good last night. 

Josh Mullin looks a different player already with half a season full time and pre season, and Nicky Cadden looks excellent too, both should cause plenty problems for league 1 clubs this season. 

Min the middle I was well impressed by Sinclair and what and Miller had his best game too, all look solid, and bearing in mind we have Knox, Pittman, Byrne and Currie too we certainly have strength in depth. 

I agree about the two centre backs although again they've got better over the 3 games, and we shouldn't come up against the quality of opposition in league 1 as we have in the 3 games. 

We are bare up top though, we desperately need another striker.

St mirren will be a tough start to the season, but will show us how close we are to having a championship side, I don't think we can judge the teams chances until we come against Ayr Utd and Edinburgh City though.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Would rather have him at Cappielow tbh. Although that hopefully means we have a striker lined up ourselves.

That was my thinking as well. Surely we wouldn't have let him go if we don't have a replacement, considering how thin our squad is at the moment.