Livingston - all the threads merged

Queen of the south, like his brother then? Thought he maybe had bit more football about him

Keaghan Jacobs is twice the player Kyle is, excellent ability, vision and has a decent shot on him.

He'd be a cracking signing for you.

Thought Lithgow looked confident on the ball and Crighton was a bit punt it anywhere just to get rid.

Knox looked like he could actually be decent, Cadden and Watt looked good.

Same mistakes in defence as last season though, getting caught on the ball from our keeper playing it short, DJ staying on his line for crosses, and not getting tight to players on the edge of our box, all lead to goas. If our defence doesn't tighten up and with us only having one striker it aint looking good.

Apparently the bookies have us favourites to win the league though so I shouldn't fret.

Lithgow and crighton will do well for you in this league. Liam watt is a very good signing but he has to be playing week in week out to get the best of him. Cadden showed a lot of promise but I then got the impression he thought he had made it after a couple of good performances.

Lithgow and crighton will do well for you in this league. Liam watt is a very good signing but he has to be playing week in week out to get the best of him. Cadden showed a lot of promise but I then got the impression he thought he had made it after a couple of good performances.

Who signed these guys for you? 

Bearing in mind it was the first game of the season, I'll cut the team some degree of slack, but even so... Some horrendous play in the second half, notably the Pars' fifth goal. Just totally took the piss. I was fairly fearful of the Crighton - Lithgow partnership before the game based on the comments of Airdrie fans, but after seeing it in the flesh, I can see it being a long season. Lithgow appears to have a touch akin to someone on a list (boom boom!), and Crighton would probably get away with being a no-nonsense, boot-the-ball-into-the-stratosphere centre-half if he had a ball-playing partner. As it was, they were horribly exposed several times and Dunfermline should've scored seven at least, really. DJ as well, what a shadow of the player he was. Didn't look confident at all and just seems to point-blank refuse to come for any crosses into his box now. A real shame, as I thought his spell on the bench coupled with the summer break would've done him some good but he seems no different to when he was dropped last year. I think it would be best for both parties if he had a change of scenery.

Miller and Byrne were anonymous for the most part, thought Byrne distributed the play well at times, especially during the encouraging start we had until Dunfermline opened the scoring, but after that they went to pieces much like the rest of the team. The pair of them don't seem like holding midfielders, which probably exaggerates the deficiencies that Crighton and Lithgow have.

Impressed with Cadden, and Watt to a degree. Reckon some more game time for the pair of them should see them hitting some form, good work from Cadden to get the ball in for Mullin to score, who himself looks improved from last season. Buchanan toiled as well but the big Dunfermline number 5, like last pre-season, looked fairly solid, and is exactly the sort of player we need.

Quite telling that Knox looked the most productive player in a Livi shirt during his stint on the pitch, I am afraid that we'll become over-reliant on his individual skill if he doesn't leave in the summer. We definitely need another striker, or two, though, as Buchanan on his own is wasted and Danny Mullen doesn't inspire me with any confidence in the slightest.

A lot of work to do, but if David Hopkin thinks that the team is ready, then he's going to get a fucking fright when the League Cup stages roll round in a few weeks time.

watt and cadden I can agree on ...but you are trying to pull the wool over there eyes saying lithgow and crighton will do well for them...both where shite last season and could not pass a joint never mind a ball

Who signed these guys for you?

bollan signed the beast and the lump last year in the summer ...watt and cadden came up from the youth teams ...watt has got a lot of games under his belt for his age ... where as cadden only came in to the first team last year Edited by Diamondatheart

"Byrne was anonymous for the most part, thought Byrne distributed the play well at times, especially during the encouraging start we had until Dunfermline opened the scoring, but after that they went to pieces much like the rest of the team."

Get yourself accustomed to saying this a lot during the coming season. Has ability, but largely vanishes when the going gets tough in matches.