Livingston - all the threads merged

These signings show a couple things. Firstly that Livi have no faith in Hopkin at all, so they are giving him a squad with which no-one would be able to fail.

It also shows how close to the line Livi are pushing things, despite being 7 points clear (and obviously going to win the league to any sensible person) they are still throwing more money at it because not winning it is clearly inconceivable financially, they have to get up, so are essentially using a sledgehammer to crack a nut to eliminate any possible of failure.

Pointless signings really and a waste of money, but the last couple of results have probably caused a few squeaky bums in the Livi boardroom and caused them to act.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Rumour has it Mark Millar is on his way to Livingston from QoS, signed before Saturday's game. 

What's Keaghan doing these days, last I heard he was back in Scotland looking for a club but not seen anything more about him. Would be a fantastic signing even just to the end of this season, he'd rip League One players to feck and score a few goals.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What's Keaghan doing these days, last I heard he was back in Scotland looking for a club but not seen anything more about him. Would be a fantastic signing even just to the end of this season, he'd rip League One players to feck and score a few goals.

He is back in Scotland recovering from ankle injury, canny see him going back to Livingston as they wouldn't even let him use the training facilities to get fit strangly. Would think he is 5/6 weeks away from fitness.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He is back in Scotland recovering from ankle injury suffered while on trial at a club pre season canny see him going back to Livingston as they wouldn't even let him use the training facilities to get fit strangly. Would think he is 5/6 weeks away from fitness.

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He is back in Scotland recovering from ankle injury suffered while on trial at a club pre season canny see him going back to Livingston as they wouldn't even let him use the training facilities to get fit strangly. Would think he is 5/6 weeks away from fitness.

Yeh as super south says, he's been back in Scotland for a while, I've bumped into him up at St. John's a couple times, he's been out injured for a while.  

I don't know anything about him being told he couldn't use the training facilities though, I'd like to think that wasn't true because he was such a good servant to us but who knows. 

37 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

These signings show a couple things. Firstly that Livi have no faith in Hopkin at all, so they are giving him a squad with which no-one would be able to fail.

It also shows how close to the line Livi are pushing things, despite being 7 points clear (and obviously going to win the league to any sensible person) they are still throwing more money at it because not winning it is clearly inconceivable financially, they have to get up, so are essentially using a sledgehammer to crack a nut to eliminate any possible of failure.

Pointless signings really and a waste of money, but the last couple of results have probably caused a few squeaky bums in the Livi boardroom and caused them to act.

These are signings that Hopkin has identified as wanting the club to sign, I think it's quite the opposite, they are allowing him to make the signings he wants, if they didn't have faith in him they wouldn't be allowing that. 

I had no idea you knew the ins and outs of Livingston Football club, we have already released 2 players, all be it young lads but it's freed up £300 a week, that I can assure you is a player and a bits wages at Livingston these days, we are also likely to release a couple more which will probably free up around £500 which gives us room to manoeuvre. 

When players come in its a certainty players will go out. 

I can't seem to make my mind up reading through Airdrie fans posts, one week Airdrie will win this league, next week that's that then, then the next back to winning the league again. 

Btw these signings have been on the cards before the last two games, the club knew every other team was likely to strengthen, especially our main challengers, they are not panic signings they are signings to keep us ahead of the competition. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

He is back in Scotland recovering from ankle injury, canny see him going back to Livingston as they wouldn't even let him use the training facilities to get fit strangly. Would think he is 5/6 weeks away from fitness.

3 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Does anyone know if Keaghan Jacobs is back in Scotland? And how many weeks away from fitness is he?

I believe he's back in Scotland and is 5/6 weeks away from Fitness. 

So I've heard anyway.

Every signing we make is followed by a few Airdrie fans posting some rubbish on here. They can disguise it how they want but it has obv got them peeved that we're signing good players and are strengthening our squad. They'd have been hoping to close the gap on us in the Jan transfer window, bringing in a few players themselves, and must be gutting seeing us making signings.

Every signing we make is followed by a few Airdrie fans posting some rubbish on here. They can disguise it how they want but it has obv got them peeved that we're signing good players and are strengthening our squad. They'd have been hoping to close the gap on us in the Jan transfer window, bringing in a few players themselves, and must be gutting seeing us making signings.

I don't think it is. Most normal Airdrie accept that Livi (even before these signings) were the best team in the league and would win the league comfortably. These signings only reinforce that idea. At the start of the season, it was widely acknowledged that Livi were goinf baws oot to get promoted. Since then they have added some quality signings at this level.

Now some of these have been tagged "oh aye he is putting himself in the window". However they still need to be paid for.

I find for every Airdrie fan that is having a wee moan about these signings, there are equal amount of Livi fans putting their heed in the sand regarding their clubs financial spending.

Myself, I don't particularly care. If Livi want to do that then fill your boots. I am just content that my wee club has shown a wee bit of ambition and tried something different with the full time aspect and the whole trust sponsorship. Added bonus that we are at the top end of the league with hopefully a play off place off to give some excitement.

9 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I can't seem to make my mind up reading through Airdrie fans posts, one week Airdrie will win this league, next week that's that then, then the next back to winning the league again. 

Agree that Airdrie fans tend to jump from one extreme to the other. There's not many that actually believe or think we'll win the league though. Our squad is paper thin and those on the bench aren't up to it at this point in time (as Saturday showed). That along with the fact we've been second best when we've played Livi means we're probably looking at play offs. 

I don't understand why you're surprised at supporters commenting on the amount of players you're signing though. It's a football forum. That's kind of what happens. And as Livi are top of the league we'd surely have a natural interest in who you are bringing in. The next obvious thing is then to question how you can afford it based on your gates. Pretty simple really. 

Edited to say aufc beat me by seconds. I shouldn't have bothered!

Edited by Airdrie76

15 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Rumour has it Mark Millar is on his way to Livingston from QoS, signed before Saturday's game. 

59 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Mark Miller due to sign for livi today from QOS

Yep, a day late though ;)