Livingston - all the threads merged

East Fife fans truly feel victimised. Livi fans have constantly praised them this season but they still moan about us constantly. The table must be hard for them to look at with us so far away at the top.

42 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

East Fife fans truly feel victimised. Livi fans have constantly praised them this season but they still moan about us constantly. The table must be hard for them to look at with us so far away at the top.

The table doesn't lie you are top of the league for a reason Livingston have been the most consistent team in league one so far. Every other team has had a bad run at some time but Livingston have usually bounced back after a loss. I can't see them chucking the league away as they have got  by far the biggest squad and options all over the park. Wish you all the best for the rest of the. Season.

16 hours ago, Afro said:

Didn't want to clog up the cup thread with this but I'd be keen to hear other fans' opinions on the matter. How long, realistically, do we give David Hopkin?

I can appreciate that by all accounts he is a good coach, and he found himself in the position of the manager's job because we're tight. But he's been in charge now for the best part of 13 months, and I could honestly count on one hand, two at a push, how many times I've thought, "we look half-decent here". Aye, some will contend that continuity at a football club is for the best, and eeking out wins is the true sign of a league winning side, but with the plethora of relative riches Hopkin has at his disposal, he is making very heavy weather of it. We still haven't found a way to counteract teams who come to frustrate us, as evidenced by the three defeats now to an ordinary if industrious and organised East Fife side. I really thought he would kick on after what seemed to be an upturn in form in October but we've reverted to type and to be honest, it's fucking boring to watch. I know we're scoring goals but it's nowhere near the same level as Bollan's team the last time we were in this league, and the atmosphere around the club is nowhere near the same.

No doubt fans of other teams on here will read this post with a degree of disbelief and despair, but trust me when I say this, if you've seen any of our matches against East Fife, Queen's Park or Peterhead this season, it's readily apparent that we're a tactically incompetent team who'll get reamed in the Championship week in, week out. This season, I've been trying to compare how we're doing to Morton a few years back, broadly similar circumstances, and whilst they made heavy weather of the league I cannot see Hopkin producing results like Duffy is now.

We do have a good squad of players for this level, and maybe just the lower end of the Championship, but the managerial infrastructure behind them is wholly inadequate. The less said about his assistant, the better.

Should he be gone now? Of course not, that'd be suicide. But if we're still pumping long balls up to the two shortest strikers in the league and playing four CBs come July then I'd be expecting a very bumpy ride.

I wasn't all milk and honey under Bollan either Afro, Berwick had our number in the 3rd div and we couldn't beat them all season, I remember their manager punching the air towards Livi fans when e were celebrating after the game against them because we had mathematically won the league after that game, seemed to really annoy him and he was trying to goad Livi fan with the fact Berwick was undefeated against us, was all very strange.:lol: 

We also never started our run to open up a gap till the back to back wins over East Fife (ironically) in January, Hopkin has us 9 points clear with a game in hand, you can't really fault him for the job he's doing, the points gap and goal difference is as good as Bollan's team at this stage, in fact it is even better as a fe teams below us had 2 games in hand wen we were 9 points clear, and our GD is better under Hopkin.

Bollan had faults too, his tactic of defending corners with everyone back in our box used to do my head in, we were always having to clear the corner twice as we had nobody for an out ball so the ball always came straight back in again when we cleared the first ball in. I think the main difference here is Bollan had the fans behind him after being demoted down 2 tiers and the fans were unified with feeling unjustly treated by the SFA/SPFL, Hopkin has the baggage  being in charge last season when we were relegated and a lot of our fans just wont forgive him, or trust in him. ..

32 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Think your clutching at straws going on about away form and blaming your pitch. Your 2 performances at New Bayview were brutal and I can assure you if you can find a better playing surface in Scottish football I'd be surprised. What you'll find at this level of football is if you think you are billy big time and just have to turn up to win you'll be in for a few shocks. You have to win your battles on the pitch first before you can go on and win games. 

Kelly has been as much at fault for our defeats at Bayview as anyone, he's made some monumental cock ups in goal playing against East Fife. Can't fault him yesterday but it was some strike for your goal and thought we were unlucky not to get a draw out of it with the pressure we had at the end. The last few games against East Fife have been close, the first two games were a bit freaky, we fell apart in the first game and East Fife went to bits in the 2nd.

6 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Is Hopkin even picking the team or is it drug trafficking Dave?

What's the average crowd for Livi games, 850 odd? I used to love going to Livi games, then these punters came in and ruined it.

Flynn and Massone ruined it a long time before them. It was pretty good when the next ones came in (Livi 5) but it turned sour after they sacked Bollan and hasn't really recovered, too much off field shite has damaged fans trust in the board, and Rankine's shadow is still cast over the club. This season has been a lot better than the last two though and things have brightened up a bit, albeit we had the botch up against Crusaders when we played Lithgow in the mix up over his suspension.

Still, my match day experience has picked up since the AS was leased to FC and it was done up, pre match drink and bite to eat with football games on the tellies again, and seeing us winning more games than we're losing is always good, with the added bonus of being top of the league. The quality of the pies and the prices in the serveries is a lot better now too since they dumped Lindleys and went in house with the catering, and got a local butcher from Broxburn to supply the pies..

So with our manager debate fresh in our minds, who would be your starting 11, formation and bench etc...

Think I'm gonna go with 4,4,2 in a diamond formation...

Kelly, Longridge, Halkett, Gallagher, Crighton, Millar, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Mullen, Buchanan. 

Maley, Lithgow, De Vita, Mullin, Cadden, Knox, Carrick 

Was also tempted with 3,5,2 despite us performing fairly poorly in this particular formation...

Kelly, Halkett, Gallagher, Crighton, Mullin, Pittman, Byrne, Millar, Jacobs, Mullen, Buchanan. 

Maley, Lithgow, Longridge, Cadden, Knox, De Vita, Carrick.

Edited by andylivi1

23 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Not at all. Majority of Livi fans have been sound.

Trust me, when you've spent 2 long seasons in the 2nd dealing with deluded arseholes that are Clyde (huge club if you didn't already know that), majority of folk on this forum are just fine.

Worst fans on here when we came back up through the leagues were the Ayr Utd ones, thank feck they went up when we came down this season, windy lickers the lot of them.:lol:

Think you've got it spot on with your starting 11 Andy, only thing i'm in two minds about is Carrick or Mullen to start with Buchanan, Carrick was on form before Mullen came back from his wrist injury and near scored for us again when he only got about 8 minutes against East Fife, would like to see him getting more game time.

31 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

So with our manager debate fresh in our minds, who would be your starting 11, formation and bench etc...

Buchanan - Mullen
Cadden - Pittman - Millar - Mullin
Longridge - Gallagher - Halkett - Crighton
Kelly

Giving us Keaghan, Carrick and De Vita to bring on if things aren't going our way, or Lithgow if we need some more defensive cover. 

Haven't made it to many games this season so haven't seen us much, and when I have shown up we haven't been very good, only watched 2 wins in the 6 games I've made it to. If we lose on Saturday I'll spend the rest of the season in the house :lol:

34 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Buchanan - Mullen
Cadden - Pittman - Millar - Mullin
Longridge - Gallagher - Halkett - Crighton
Kelly

Giving us Keaghan, Carrick and De Vita to bring on if things aren't going our way, or Lithgow if we need some more defensive cover. 

Haven't made it to many games this season so haven't seen us much, and when I have shown up we haven't been very good, only watched 2 wins in the 6 games I've made it to. If we lose on Saturday I'll spend the rest of the season in the house :lol:

Please don't take this the wrong way but feel free to stay away for the rest of the season from now...:P

58 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Not at all. Majority of Livi fans have been sound.

Trust me, when you've spent 2 long seasons in the 2nd dealing with deluded arseholes that are Clyde (huge club if you didn't already know that), majority of folk on this forum are just fine.

We had the joys of having two match threads to deal with Clyde fans in last season with being drawn against them twice, remember them telling us how we'd see them this season in league 1, they got 1 half correct in fairness :lol:

The Airdrie lot seem particularly obsessed with us this season, and yeh some EF fans have an unhealthy problem with us despite most if not all Livi fans being nothing but respectful and complimentary of EF.

I also remember the Ayr Utd fans, what a bunch they are on here :1eye

Don't know much about this boy.

We have strengthened in every department now bar the position we lack a RB, I don't really see the need for this signing in all honesty, Carrick has been doing well and Mullen and Buchanan are the obvious starters, can't see how he's getting into the team but will wait and see. 

Is there any point in that signing? On loan with a view to making it permanent is the only reason I can think of. Up front we've got a choice of Buchanan, Mullen, Carrick, De Vita and Knox, and now Todorov. Centre mid we've got Pittman, Millar, Byrne, Sinclair, Knox and Jacobs, and that's before Miller is back from injury. Yet we're sitting with 1 left back (who isn't even getting a game) and no natural right back, as well as only having Maley in goals once Kelly's loan is up.

Hopkin clearly going for a 'score more than the other team' approach.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Don't know much about this boy.

We have strengthened in every department now bar the position we lack a RB, I don't really see the need for this signing in all honesty, Carrick has been doing well and Mullen and Buchanan are the obvious starters, can't see how he's getting into the team but will wait and see. 

He's following Gary Bollan's plan of finishing the 2nd half of the league strong, we had Deuchar for the same kind of role this new signing is bringing, big strong striker. We also had Robbie Winters, Iain Russell and Mark McNulty that season.