Livingston - all the threads merged

Cadden must've been knackered running that whole left side all game, having to hit the bye line in attack and then drop back to cover for Lithgow as he went back into our box and left Cadden to cover the Alloa right wing player. Buchanan was playing in behind Mullen in the first half and it was Mullen getting onto balls played in behind Alloa's defence, which is a pity because he missed two guilt edged chances.

I'd like to see Hopkin go with

Kelly

Crighton                 Gallagher         Halkett                  Longridge

Mullin                Millar                    Pittman             Cadden

Todorov          Buchanan

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I'd maybe also like to see Todorov and Buchs together as well bit of a risk from the norm I suppose but they played some nice stuff together in the second half and they provide a balance to each other. I wouldn't take Byrne out the midfield I think he's one of our top players works his dick off.

Just now, AMC13 said:

I'd maybe also like to see Todorov and Buchs together as well bit of a risk from the norm I suppose but they played some nice stuff together in the second half and they provide a balance to each other. I wouldn't take Byrne out the midfield I think he's one of our top players works his dick off.

Yeah that's the problem Hopkin has in midfield, Cadden and Mullin on the wings gives us a more balanced set up but Millar, Pittman and Byrne are all good players and it's difficult to drop any of them. Millar and Pittman are more creative though and Pittman also works his arse off all game.

I'm quite surprised so many are wanting to see Todorov starting, I know Mullen missed 2 or 3 chances but he scored a great goal and was a pest for the Alloa defence all day, for me he was our MotM, felt he was outstanding, won just about everything in the air against bigger defenders all day, him and Buchy are an excellent partnership.

Todorov certainly gives us something different but to me he looks clumsy, he's full of enthusiasm but I'm yet to be convinced, granted we've only seen him in cameo appearances so far. 

15 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I'm quite surprised so many are wanting to see Todorov starting, I know Mullen missed 2 or 3 chances but he scored a great goal and was a pest for the Alloa defence all day, for me he was our MotM, felt he was outstanding, won just about everything in the air against bigger defenders all day, him and Buchy are an excellent partnership.

Todorov certainly gives us something different but to me he looks clumsy, he's full of enthusiasm but I'm yet to be convinced, granted we've only seen him in cameo appearances so far. 

Didn't think he looked clumsy at all, he was bringing the ball down and holding it up till the other Livi players came up the pitch after Buchanan went off, and had a fantastic bit of neat play with Buchanan where they passed the ball to each other 2 or 3 times getting through a packed defence. I'd like to see him and Buchanan getting more time playing together, think it was a mistake taking Buch's off, and don't think we'd have lost a goal had he stayed on with Todorov.

Actually think Mullen and him would do well playing together too but you can't drop Buchanan with the form he's on.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

20 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Albion Rovers rearranged for Tuesday 21st February, 7:45 kick off. 

Had been wondering when we'd be playing them, that date makes sense, after we play Airdrie. Wouldn't want to be playing a midweek game before Airdrie, we need to be fully prepared going into that game.

15 minutes ago, Livithegreat said:

Will Gallagher have is tag off by then? 

I'm assuming if he has to be at home by a certain time, then the recent trip to Peterhead will have infringed upon an early evening curfew, surely? Unless he borrowed Martindale's private helicopter, obviously.

8 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Gallagher has already had his tag off. He certainly wasn't wearing on on saturday at alloa

He was, I even commented on that fact to a couple of mates, was clearly a buldge at the side of his ankle underneath his sock. 

He was, I even commented on that fact to a couple of mates, was clearly a buldge at the side of his ankle underneath his sock. 

It certainly obviously only to me looked as though it had been removed.
It was very evident against peterhead and east fife. I obviously wasn't paying that much attention haha.
Iv made an arse out of myself in recent posts and I really didn't mean to haha.

How much of a Ned does Martindale look like during a game, spoke to a couple of players after the game last week and all the players rip the pish out of him after training, his end game is to be manager, Jose Mourinho never sold coke??

I agree with you about the Daily Ranger. The article was very interesting but I don't know who he thinks does not give Livingston the credit they deserve. Certainly fan forums will always produce rivalry between clubs but I think that in the games I have seen this season Livingston have been the most impressive opponents. They thoroughly deserve credit for achieving the top spot although some of the fans of clubs they have lost to, naturally see it another way. I was surprised that Airdrieonians appear to have a higher average attendance. given that we have struggled to attract marginal fans over the last few years.Would it not be a bit of a worry to the owners at Livingston that a full time set up might become unsustainable even in the "Championship" if crowds are dropping in a successful and entertaining side? I look forward to the next attempt to derail your route to the title but I am not optimistic given our long term record against Livingston.

I don't take pleasure in sharing the Daily Ranger rag but this is a West Lothian courier article. 
Excellent read this and absolutely spot on. 
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/sportsview-livingston-deserve-more-credit-9779672

Haha obviously as a livi fan you would say this. It was an absolute foregone conclusion that livi would win the league. Best squad by far due to their over spending. The fact you have an absolutely terrible manager yet continue to top the league comfortably highlights this. Most people acknowledge they are the best team by miles but please save us the "poor livi" story. If you dont win the league comfortably then you should hang your heads in shame

I have absolutely no issue with livi overspending before people comment. Completely upto themselves

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

I don't take pleasure in sharing the Daily Ranger rag but this is a West Lothian courier article. 

Excellent read this and absolutely spot on. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/sportsview-livingston-deserve-more-credit-9779672

'Actually, the fact their lead is only 10 points after two-thirds of the season is a moral victory for everyone else.' - Said no-one ever.

'and it’s possible that they have the largest budget in the division...' :lol:

'The board took the decision to remain full-time and cover any losses - whilst that is not ideal, let’s not kid ourselves on here. Most football clubs rely on the generosity of a few people footing the bill to stay in business. Livi aren’t exactly unique in that aspect.' - Well yeah, except Livi, more than any other club, should know that relying on the apparent generosity of a few does not work, and are failing to learn their lessons from the previous 2 occasions. It is quite galling for fans of other clubs to see the same process repeating itself again when we all know how it's going to end.

'Nobody is at Livingston Football Club for the money. The selling point is full-time football' - Well apart from those that left Airdrie (where they also could have had full-time football) to go there.

'If the main goal for a player is to make as much money as possible, they’d be as well going part-time and getting a job because both wages combined would likely be significantly higher than a full-time pay packet with the Lions.' - Well yeah, but it would also require working another 40 hours a week rather than clocking off at lunch to go to the bookies.

'Livi have also released three players and loaned out two more in order to facilitate new arrivals.' Point caller?

'David Hopkin has built an attacking, entertaining side that is, usually, a joy to watch and they should ultimately be rewarded with promotion that both he and the team deserve.' - Literally the only people who have criticised Hopkin are Livi fans, it's them, if anyone, who aren't giving him enough credit.

'Plenty of times previously the 'biggest' club off the field has failed to show it on the field in the third tier - Dunfermline Athletic being the obvious example in recent seasons.' - For 'obvious', read 'only'. Previous winners:
Dunfermline - biggest budget; Morton - probably joint biggest budget with Dunfermline; Rangers - biggest budget; Queen of the South - biggest budget; Cowdenbeath - harder to say, but was a wide open league with no full-time teams that year; Livingston - biggest budget etc etc.

I could go on, abysmal, and totally pointless, article.

Livi will win the league and deserve credit for doing so. But given the money they've put into it anything else would have been a disaster, as I'm sure their board would agree. And even if fans aren't giving them enough credit, you can hardly blame fans for being cynical given their history, particularly when the club have openly admitted to be spending more than their income.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever