Livingston - all the threads merged

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That'll be the end of Bobby Barr at Raith then, Hughes has signed for tham as their manager, wonder how his 'footballing philosophy' will go down with the Raith fans.

Funny, when I saw that my initial reaction was poor Bobby Barr. 

Tbf to Yogi his "philosophy" is a good one but only if you have the players to play that way, when he was at Livi he didn't and because of that it was just awful to watch, side to side and backwards passing, was some of the most boring football I've ever seen and stopped our creative players like Bobby flourishing. 

Edited by andylivi1

Tbf to Yogi his "philosophy" is a good one but only if you have the players to play that way, when he was at Livi he didn't and because of that it was just awful to watch, side to side and backwards passing, was some of the most boring football I've ever seen and stopped our creative players like Bobby flourishing. 

Better football than the shite we have to watch now!

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Even Barca had to adapt and change, their style of football got them found wanting in the CL by the German teams, and funnily enough the way Bayern and Dortmund played was how we played before Hughes took charge. Pressing teams all over the pitch with a high tempo (also how Barca played) but breaking with pace and being very direct. Hughes first game in charge he didn't change anything from our previous win, and we ran riot and won again, then he started with the rolling it out from the keeper pish and taking half an hour to get up to have a shot at goal. I much prefer watching quick passing and direct play than pissing about going nowhere, letting opposition players fall back into a defensive formation by the time we get up to the final third.

Hughes is a huffy arrogant twat though and will send Bobby Barr to Coventry/East Fife, you may have guessed I can't stand the cunt.:lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

You're right, David Hopkin should be sacked because it was cold.

No. Its because he is tactically clueless. He was fully expected to romp this league with the expensive squad at his disposal but hopefully build something that can be relegation-proof for next year.
Clearly not.

The cold just made it more shite to watch

Expensive squad, the clubs budget for the season is 400k, we have a squad of what 27 or 28 ? do the maths, we aren't paying over the odds for any of these players. 

Anyway that's not the argument, the argument was whether we play better football under him that we did under Hughes and that's easy, we most certainly are, it's still not great but it's affective, Hughes football was dreadful and ineffective. 

I'd love seeing Hughes trying to play his passing it out from the back football on that pitch, was bad enough watching him making us play like that when the pitch was in good condition. You're on your own TheLad, as much as Hopkin annoys me playing Lithgow at LB and his questionable substitutions, i'd much rather watch this team the way they've played this season than a Hughes team.

15 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd love seeing Hughes trying to play his passing it out from the back football on that pitch, was bad enough watching him making us play like that when the pitch was in good condition. You're on your own TheLad, as much as Hopkin annoys me playing Lithgow at LB and his questionable substitutions, i'd much rather watch this team the way they've played this season than a Hughes team.

In agreement here, but here's a question. Who would've done better at this level, Burchill or Hopkin?

In agreement here, but here's a question. Who would've done better at this level, Burchill or Hopkin?

Burchill.
I reckon we would still be in the Championship if Burchill was still in charge. HOWEVER doubt we would have the current calibre of player if he was still in charge so swings and roundabouts.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Burchill.
I reckon we would still be in the Championship if Burchill was still in charge. HOWEVER doubt we would have the current calibre of player if he was still in charge so swings and roundabouts.

You are forgetting Hopkin is the assistant & Martindale is calling the shots. 

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Burchill.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Yep agree with Logie, can't fault Hopkin's recruitment, he's signed a good looking squad of players, just wish he'd play them in the positions they're meant to be playing.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep agree with Logie, can't fault Hopkin's recruitment, he's signed a good looking squad of players, just wish he'd play them in the positions they're meant to be playing.

The same players he could've recommended as assistant?