Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't write it, I thought it was a good read and pretty interesting, and I agreed with a lot of it "obviously because I'm a Livi fan" 

I just posted the article on the Livi thread.

You must've known the Airdrie fans would be all over it though.:lol:

Not sure where Callum Carson is getting his info from, that we were favourites to win the league and everyone had us down to win it pre season, certainly wasn't Livi fans thinking that and other teams fans on here didn't rate us as favourites either when you look at the prediction thread. I know you had us down to win Andy, as we had the strongest squad, but Hopkin was the spanner in the works, enough to throw uncertainty into most Livi fans minds.

I agree Hopkin deserves credit for the job he's done/is doing, Alloa got off the an incredible start and Brechin were no slackers, the top spot changed places between the 3 of us almost weekly, he did well keeping pace with the other two and eventually pulling away from them. He's strengthened well in Jan and that should be enough to see us win the league. Bollan did the same and rightly got plaudits from Livi fans but Hopkin has a lot to do to win over a lot of our fans after getting us relegated last season, and the Lithgow/Longridge situation isn't doing any thing to win them over. However he's put together a good blend of youth and experience, and has got us scoring a hell of a lot of goals, so it has been a pretty entertaining season.

I'll savour and enjoy this season, and on the whole Hopkin deserves plaudits for the job he's doing, but I still have niggly doubts about him being able to keep us in the Championship. 

"You must've known the Airdrie fans would be all over it though"

I like reading all the threads on the site as they give much info. and debate that the "tabloid" and "broadsheet" or indeed SPLScene/ STVsport simply ignore. So if some Airdrie fans respond, that is a sign of interest on my part at least in all the League One clubs. I read a really good thread on the SPL site about how fans of one club saw the experience of home and away games in their League and which clubs they liked/disliked: the banter was friendly but challenging.

Just now, Chapelhall chap said:

"You must've known the Airdrie fans would be all over it though"

I like reading all the threads on the site as they give much info. and debate that the "tabloid" and "broadsheet" or indeed SPLScene/ STVsport simply ignore. So if some Airdrie fans respond, that is a sign of interest on my part at least in all the League One clubs. I read a really good thread on the SPL site about how fans of one club saw the experience of home and away games in their League and which clubs they liked/disliked: the banter was friendly but challenging.

Yeah you aren't one guilty of coming on every Livi thread to cause mischief Chapehall chap, I occasionally go on the other teams main thread myself for a wee read to see how they think their teams are getting on. There are some Airdrie fans that are all over our match threads though and Andy must've known that article would attract a few adverse comments from them. This thread must attract more hostility from other teams fans than any other too, just have to look at how many pages it has to see that, and most will be filled by when we went through our two admins.

Tbf to Andy, it is good to have something positive said about Livi on this Livi thread, makes a change. Ironic that Callum Carson is an Airdrie fan too.:lol:

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah you aren't one guilty of coming on every Livi thread to cause mischief Chapehall chap, I occasionally go on the other teams main thread myself for a wee read to see how they think their teams are getting on. There are some Airdrie fans that are all over our match threads though and Andy must've known that article would attract a few adverse comments from them. This thread must attract more hostility from other teams fans than any other too, just have to look at how many pages it has to see that, and most will be filled by when we went through our two admins.

Tbf to Andy, it is good to have something positive said about Livi on this Livi thread, makes a change. Ironic that Callum Carson is an Airdrie fan too.:lol:

I just like debate even when it can be mischievous. Yes I think Andy did dangle it out there and it worked, but I also think the journalist exaggerated as the press have to do to keep readers. As for Callum being an Airdrie fan , I would not know, ( I thought I knew all the Airdrie supporting journalists from Jim Traynor onwards) but remember Chick Young always claimed to be a St Mirren fan and our current DOF(!) claims to be a Motherwell fan on occasions.( Usually when he is at Ibrox watching his other team while we play our game) I remember when Morton got promoted a few seasons ago most of the websites were filled with Morton fans berating Jim Duffy and the players; maybe Hopkins will repeat that success despite the many criticisms of him. As long as we can halt that temporarily next time. 

Ok I'll admit it, I did "dangle it out there" :whistle 

I still thought it was a good article and a good read for me so thought other Livi fans would like to read it also. 

Btw Callum is most definitely an Airdrie fan, he goes to the games at Airdrie when he has a rare day off work. 

I have to admit there has been nothing more enjoyable on the forum this season than the cretinous Airdrie fans foaming out the mouth at the Amber Machine at every opportunity. Mind the gap diddies. Cheers for posting that :lol:.

10 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Ok I'll admit it, I did "dangle it out there" :whistle 

I still thought it was a good article and a good read for me so thought other Livi fans would like to read it also. 

Btw Callum is most definitely an Airdrie fan, he goes to the games at Airdrie when he has a rare day off work. 

Thanks for that info. I should be able to have my other sources spot him in our "highest average" crowds. I only wish I had your computing skills to display these links!

21 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I agree with you about the Daily Ranger. The article was very interesting but I don't know who he thinks does not give Livingston the credit they deserve. Certainly fan forums will always produce rivalry between clubs but I think that in the games I have seen this season Livingston have been the most impressive opponents. They thoroughly deserve credit for achieving the top spot although some of the fans of clubs they have lost to, naturally see it another way. I was surprised that Airdrieonians appear to have a higher average attendance. given that we have struggled to attract marginal fans over the last few years.Would it not be a bit of a worry to the owners at Livingston that a full time set up might become unsustainable even in the "Championship" if crowds are dropping in a successful and entertaining side? I look forward to the next attempt to derail your route to the title but I am not optimistic given our long term record against Livingston.

Airdieonians FC 878 10 2,0% 1.633
2 Livingston FC 825 9 -53,2%

Played one game less so I would imagine Livingston would overtake. Not like an Airdrie fan/journalist to present "alternative facts"

8 hours ago, LiviLion said:

We'd need a gate of about 1400 to overtake with our extra game, guy's got quite an imagination.

Apologies for being poor at Arithmetic. I agree you are correct but I do find it amazing that as we have largely been crap for much of the season that the average is higher. My guess is that the 1600 against Albion Rovers in the second derby has done the trick. Given that we have no real home derbies in the rest of the season I have to admit you might be right. Lets wait till the end of the season for the final results . What has been Livingston's largest home gate?

I'd be disappointed if we didn't start getting more people through the doors. Top of the league playing nice football and hardly outrageous ticket prices. Didn't we get roughly 2k against QoS on the last day of the season before last?

Anyway, this is a bit different from your usual crowd wank, "Naw, YOUR average attendance is better" :lol:

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Largest home gate has been against Celtic colts: 1,214 but I take it we're only talking about league attendances.  Looks like it was 989 in our home game against Airdrie, think the only other league game that was above 900 was East Fife.

Thanks for that info on League games. East Fife at Broomfield  was 814 and 833.  Airdrie's game against the Rovers at 1633 was actually one more than a League Cup game against Partick but I was on holiday which would have made it 1633. I wonder what the attendances were like in that revamped competition in general. If it was still competitive maybe the fourth game might attract over 1000 but I suspect it will not matter too much to the marginals; I will be there whatever the scenario as I quite like visiting Livingston anyway for retail if not the football failures! Make sure you pay a visit on 18th in return. Cheers

2 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We've signed Connor Quinn, any good? 

Couldn't displace a 34 year old in his first season of professional football who warms the bench, take from that what you will. Reckon Clyde is still above his level for the future too

25 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Couldn't displace a 34 year old in his first season of professional football who warms the bench, take from that what you will. Reckon Clyde is still above his level for the future too

Pretty harsh, the 34 year old was always going to be number 2, he was signed to be number 2, Connor was a development signing, one for the future, when I saw him for the development team, he looked fairly comfortable. 

2 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We've signed Connor Quinn, any good? 

Never seen him play, was never going to get a first team game though and don't think he was getting any goalkeeping coaching at Livi either, from a proper GK coach, so was best he moved to try and get another club.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER