Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, larry the lion said:

to discourage them from what ? Committing criminal acts of violence?

I think that's okay;  your not suggesting their support should come with a caveat they can be violent to other people? I think I can safely say that if they only want to come to Livi FC to be aggressive and violent, we don't want them.

How many other people, families are they (all violent football fans) putting off coming down to the games.....?

Just calm it down, keep it non violent tribalism and enjoy supporting your team with your mates. 

I played rugby and did martial arts, none of this rubbish followed those sports around, what are they trying to prove?

They're young men ffs 

We all had the hormones raging thru us at that age.

Too many of our supporters,still play up to bygone happy clappy days,wee word, they're gone.

Thankfully .

No one,myself included is encouraging violence,they do need reined in,but in a positive manner.

That's Broxburn on the cusp of being a Lowland League side,just like Linlithgow Rose. 

Only 3 tiers below us......wakey wakey.

2 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

There has to be a common sense balance struck here,especially with anything to do with Livingston Football Club.

Reason: we're not exactly brimming with young men coming along to support our football club and that is a worry. 

Push these lads away and off they trot to the old firm or the Edinburgh 2.

But worse than that,off they trot some of them who don't stay in Livi to their "local" clubs......too many Livi fans seem to forget outwith the big 4 clubs I've just mentioned. 

We now we have competition from the small clubs all around us,working they're way up the pyramid  !!!

Yeah they need reined in,but to totally discourage them could be fatal................

Takig it to the extreme, If fans do something that warrants a ban they aren't just banned from Livi games, they're banned from attending all football games in Scotland. So they wouldn't be joining any other clubs and supporting them. Nobody is looking to discourage them supporting Livi though, but they aren't any more special than any other fan, that they can just do whatever they want, we all have to follow the same rules of what is acceptable conduct at games.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Takig it to the extreme, If fans do something that warrants a ban they aren't just banned from Livi games, they're banned from attending all football games in Scotland. So they wouldn't be joining any other clubs and supporting them. Nobody is looking to discourage them supporting Livi though, but they aren't any more special than any other fan, that they can just do whatever they want, we all have to follow the same rules of what is acceptable conduct at games.

I can guarantee you LF,if banned from Almondvale, no-one would be policing the gates at Broxburn,Bathgate,Whitburn,West Calder,Pumphy etc to make sure a banned youth wouldn't get in.

11 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

They're young men ffs 

We all had the hormones raging thru us at that age.

Too many of our supporters,still play up to bygone happy clappy days,wee word, they're gone.

Thankfully .

No one,myself included is encouraging violence,they do need reined in,but in a positive manner.

That's Broxburn on the cusp of being a Lowland League side,just like Linlithgow Rose. 

Only 3 tiers below us......wakey wakey.

Exactly, if they don't smash things up or are violent towards anyone there isn't a problem, really not understanding your argument here. We're pretty much in agreement. Doesn't bother me in the slightest seeing young guys being loud and vibrant supporters, i draw the line at violence and vandalism* of property though.

There's a difference between over exuberance and going looking for trouble, which is maybe what we're mixed up with in our views, i'm not in any way saying young lads/men should be over policed to stop them having a good time, enjoying themselves.  

*By that i mean going on the rampage smashing things up, not being over exuberant damaging seats, shit happens with excited fans celebrating goals etc, that isn't willful damage.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

I can guarantee you LF,if banned from Almondvale, no-one would be policing the gates at Broxburn,Bathgate,Whitburn,West Calder,Pumphy etc to make sure a banned youth wouldn't get in.

Yeah your prob right, was more thinking of SPFL grounds, esp the 2 top flights.

12 hours ago, PogoStick said:

Rammy between our lot and Motherwell Boys on Saturday too.

Looked to be just ultra on ultra though (not that that’s ok either) given they were all dressed in identikit black hoodies and covered faces. No idea how they know whose battering who.

Wee fannies are getting out of hand. 

I’m sure half the Ultras at Aberdeen are banned from the ground? Not that is surprising. 

seems to be becoming a big issue down the lower leagues too. Sure heard Alloa fans smashing up a toilet at Annan away this season and them doing some fans on who were travelling to the ground.

the kitted out in black is it to copy these in Eastern Europe who arrange to fight each other in woods? Anyway I think we are coming close to a incident someone losing their life. Only take one hard man to take a knife to these scraps 

Leave the young lads alone. It's all part of growing up, young lads going out at the weekend with their pals, having a few bevvies and mouthing off at other young lads - happens all over the UK. If we start giving these young lads a telling they'll just do something else on a Saturday and it's yet more fans we've chased away. We can't afford that, just leave them be and they won't hassle you - every club has them, just live with it. I was a little b*****d when I was younger and it never did me any harm, I just sit and watch the game quiet as a mouse now. The majority of dodgy behaviour at Almondvale comes from away fans, but we all say nothing on that and allow it to happen. 

The club is on the brink of relegation, we have a poorly performing manager who isn't leaving any time soon, a squad full of crap players and boardroom chaos. There are far more important things to be getting het up about than a few lads mouthing off, if anything its about time more of the young lads at our games showed a bit of front. Leave them alone guys, seriously. 

Then they should leave others alone, this started by us being told Livi fans were "Drunk, scaring the poor wee young kids travelling with Ross County."

if you think that's okay, then our positions are truly irreconcilable. 

I do believe in live and let live, but very much against anyone, regardless of age, taking a liberty with someone else.

I don't want to hurt feelings, but some of the attitudes toward this are archaic and outmoded, time to move with the times guys.....

Its a NO from me. (the wishy washy, needs to waken up happy clapper). I'll not call anyone else names for now.

Edited by larry the lion

1 hour ago, larry the lion said:

to discourage them from what ? Committing criminal acts of violence?

I think that's an okay ambition;  your not suggesting their support should come with a caveat they can be violent to other people? I think I can safely say that if they only want to come to Livi FC to be aggressive and violent, we don't want them.

How many other people, families are they (all violent football fans) putting off coming down to the games.....?

Just calm it down, keep it non violent tribalism and enjoy supporting your team with your mates. 

I played rugby and did martial arts, none of this rubbish followed those sports around, what are they trying to prove?

Exact!

3 hours ago, JD and associates said:

Leave the young lads alone. It's all part of growing up, young lads going out at the weekend with their pals, having a few bevvies and mouthing off at other young lads - happens all over the UK. If we start giving these young lads a telling they'll just do something else on a Saturday and it's yet more fans we've chased away. We can't afford that, just leave them be and they won't hassle you - every club has them, just live with it. I was a little b*****d when I was younger and it never did me any harm, I just sit and watch the game quiet as a mouse now. The majority of dodgy behaviour at Almondvale comes from away fans, but we all say nothing on that and allow it to happen. 

The club is on the brink of relegation, we have a poorly performing manager who isn't leaving any time soon, a squad full of crap players and boardroom chaos. There are far more important things to be getting het up about than a few lads mouthing off, if anything its about time more of the young lads at our games showed a bit of front. Leave them alone guys, seriously. 

Nothing stopping them making some noise and atmosphere but having a go a go and trying to stir trouble with normal going fans with kids and family is a no no. 

Seen it mentioned on twitter but I now see Bruce Anderson has gone down the route of Scott Wright putting on the central belt accent. Very strange behaviour. Isn’t like he went down there as a kid. Anyway this is what he sounded like a few years back 

https://www.afc.co.uk/video/video-bruce-anderson-on-redtv/

6 hours ago, larry the lion said:

I disagree, we all have our part to play in stopping violence and it starts by taking responsibility. These are Livi fans and need to be told it's not acceptable, they do represent the club and the rest of us if they're wearing Livi colours etc....It needs to stop now, all clubs and all fans need to be on the same page

There wasn't any violence, though. I'd have tried to intervene had there been violence. What I walked past was just goading. The age profile of the Livi boys was about 10-14. Stewards were forming a physical barrier between the two groups of boys ensuring it couldn't turn violent.

5 hours ago, Moorie said:

Seen it mentioned on twitter but I now see Bruce Anderson has gone down the route of Scott Wright putting on the central belt accent. Very strange behaviour. Isn’t like he went down there as a kid. Anyway this is what he sounded like a few years back 

https://www.afc.co.uk/video/video-bruce-anderson-on-redtv/

There are lots of accents in the central belt, you just need to travel along 8 miles in West Lothian and you'll hear about 6 different ones from every town you pass.😂

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There are lots of accents in the central belt, you just need to travel along 8 miles in West Lothian and you'll hear about 6 different ones from every town you pass.😂

Never really worded that correctly. It’s certainly not the accent he left Aberdeen with 

5 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Was under the impression he'd signed a pre contract with Killie.Obviously not as Martindale suggesting he's after a move down South 🤷‍♂️.

Hopefully Martindale is looking down south as well (for himself) 😀

2 hours ago, Livi said:

Hopefully Martindale is looking down south as well (for himself) 😀

You know; Martindale isn't a bad manager but neither is he a great manager.

He can manager a team and motivate them provided the team are on his side. His problem is reversing things once they start to go wrong; possibly no plan B.

I personally think that he needs a new challenge and could do well with the right club.